Introduce Yourselves:

Hey everybody....I hope this is the right stage for the introductions. My name is Morné. As a birthday gift to myself when I turned 40 I quit smoking after 24 years of it. I had the occasional hubbly thereafter, but it was just too much of a schlep to get that going. About a year ago I bought one of those eGo kits which soon turned out to be a huge waste of time. I then bought a Twisp battery and Clearomiser and it has been not too bad since having that. The Twisp died on me last night and that's how I got to join here. Thanks again for all those who gave feedback to my query from last night. Since the comments and advise came in and a bit of research on the net, I have decided on purchasing a Subox Mini as it seems to be the next best upgrade form the Twisp. I chatted to the Vape King today in regards to that, so as soon as they have stock, I'm in...

Other than that, I have a regular 9-5 in the day time, and keep myself busy with music after hours. I have the wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs and blah blah blah...you know the rest :). I just repaired my Twisp battery prior to my logging in and also repaired another one of the eGo batteries that was defective while I was at it...so I am good to go until I can get my new machine.

Welcome to the family! The Subox Mini is a great device to get as a Twisp upgrade. No doubt that you'll be very pleased with it.

Good luck with kicking the stinkies. With that device and this forum you have everything that you need to stays smoke free and vaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forums everyone! You have found a great palce for info!

Hi @COA Tracks

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on quitting smoking after 24 years and especially on sustaining it! I hope you enjoy the new gear once you receive it. You'll find tons of info on this site and the friendliest and most helpful people around. Whilst waiting for your Subox Mini kit, this is a good thread (if you haven't perhaps seen it already) to check out in the meantime: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini.t12498/
Thanks @Lingogrey...:)

Welcome to the family! The Subox Mini is a great device to get as a Twisp upgrade. No doubt that you'll be very pleased with it.

Good luck with kicking the stinkies. With that device and this forum you have everything that you need to stays smoke free and vaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @Big_Al...:)

Welcome to the forum @COA Tracks and thanks for the intro
Congrats on the vaping and for persevering so well. I am quite sure you are going to enjoy your new kit and plase let us know how it goes.
Enjoy your stay. We hae a great place here.
Thanks @Silver...I will come on-line as frequently as possible to check things out...

Howzit guys,

New to the Vaping scene, been a smoker for about 19 years and really wanna kick this filthy unhealthy addiction.

Got myself a Subox Mini with Nautilus Mini based on the information and advise on this forum and so far it seems to keep me off the stinkies.

I'm a bit afraid that I might have started a new addiction as it is just a few days in and I am already browsing around looking for a second mod, deciding between the RX200, Cuboid or a eVic VT so any advise would be appreciated.

So holding thumbs that I can proudly call myself an ex-smoker in a few months time, know how to build a coil, mix my own juice and blow some awesome clouds!!

Howzit guys,

New to the Vaping scene, been a smoker for about 19 years and really wanna kick this filthy unhealthy addiction.

Got myself a Subox Mini with Nautilus Mini based on the information and advise on this forum and so far it seems to keep me off the stinkies.

I'm a bit afraid that I might have started a new addiction as it is just a few days in and I am already browsing around looking for a second mod, deciding between the RX200, Cuboid or a eVic VT so any advise would be appreciated.

So holding thumbs that I can proudly call myself an ex-smoker in a few months time, know how to build a coil, mix my own juice and blow some awesome clouds!!
Welcome :HATERSGONNAHATE:

Welcome to all the newbies on the forum :rock: well done on kicking the stinkies butt :rock:
Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask away, loads of knowledgable people on here that are always willing to share what they know :)

Howzit guys,

Welcome to the forum @CopperZA
Congrats on starting with the vaping. I think you are doing a superb thing!
Wishing you all the very best with your vape journey.

Regarding advice on the new mod. I have the RX200 and the Evic VTC Mini. I don't have the VT or the cuboid.

I think they are all good devices and will serve you well. Just some of my comments that may help:
  • RX200 is quite heavy and bulky and not pocket friendly. Also less portable. Great desk bound device for me
  • I am very happy with my VTC Mini - but it's only one battery. Great portable machine and I love the screen.
  • I have seen lots of good comments on the Cuboid here on the forum. 2 battery device. Seems like a great middle ground to me - just don't get the Tesiyi batteries for it because they apparently do not fit, they are fractionally too thick.
All the best and let us know how it goes from here...

PS - forgot to mention, if you will be around in JHB on 5 March, try go to the VapeMeet. Lots of vapers, lots of fun guaranteed!

Details are here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-5-march-2016.t18626/

Welcome to all this weeks new members, look forward to getting to know you all

Hi names Dewald, off the cancer stix since July 2015. I have not gone back there yet I used to kill 40+ of them a day lucky I stopped before they returned the favour . I've outgrown the 3 evod2s and vape a Kbox mini now....just started dabbling in building my own coils....I'm in the telecommunications sector

Hi names Dewald, off the cancer stix since July 2015. I have not gone back there yet I used to kill 40+ of them a day lucky I stopped before they returned the favour . I've outgrown the 3 evod2s and vape a Kbox mini now....just started dabbling in building my own coils....I'm in the telecommunications sector
Hi and welcome to the forum @Pshiclopian

Great on kicking the smoking habit!

Building coils is the most interesting part of vaping :)

Post a pic or three of some of your builds.

Shout if you need any help- there are also tons of threads re coils

Howzit guys,

Most welcome to the forum.

The Nautilus Mini gives great flavour, but the coil units do not last very long. If you want to stay with commercial coil units and do not want to build your own coils, consider the new Joyetech Cubis (3.5 ml). I have been using it for the last week or so and am extremely impressed. It would look amazing on the Evic VTC Mini. I see Joyetech are bringing out the Cubis in the same colours that the Evic Mini is available in.

For a unit that uses commercial coils and have a rebuildable option, consider the Subtank Mini.

Happy vaping.

Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a huge achievement. "Pshiclopian"? Happy vaping.

Welcome to all the new folk. You are at the perfect vaping site. In 22 days I have learned so much here. I hope you have a happy stay.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Pshiclopian
Congrats on quitting! Great achievement!
Thanks for the intro and enjoy your stay.
Feel free to ask questions as you go

Howdy everyone. I'm Craig. Been just over two years since my wife and I stopped those horrid, smelly cancer sticks. Used the cigalikes first but two months ago started on the ijust 2. Now I'm hooked...

Just received my Smok Koopor 200 and my Aromamizer RDTA. Sadly, I'll only be able to use them next week as I wasn't able to get the tank, mod and all the other paraphernalia at the same time (this stuff gets a bit pricey when you add it all together). I'm aching to get my hands on some kanthol and cotton and start building coils and mixing juice.

I was very happy to find the forum during one of my online product searches and after referring to the forum numerous times, decided it would be foolish not to join this rapidly expanding community of like minded individuals. Looking forward to this forum interaction and the wealth of information and support therein.

Vape long and prosper!;)
Craig0

Howdy everyone. I'm Craig. Been just over two years since my wife and I stopped those horrid, smelly cancer sticks. Used the cigalikes first but two months ago started on the ijust 2. Now I'm hooked...

Just received my Smok Koopor 200 and my Aromamizer RDTA. Sadly, I'll only be able to use them next week as I wasn't able to get the tank, mod and all the other paraphernalia at the same time (this stuff gets a bit pricey when you add it all together). I'm aching to get my hands on some kanthol and cotton and start building coils and mixing juice.

I was very happy to find the forum during one of my online product searches and after referring to the forum numerous times, decided it would be foolish not to join this rapidly expanding community of like minded individuals. Looking forward to this forum interaction and the wealth of information and support therein.

Vape long and prosper!;)
Craig0

Welcome @Craig0, you have found the right place to be. Well done on getting off the fags to you and your wife. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Vaping is a life saver! Welcome Pshiclopian. ...40 a day....you have done well....Hope you enjoy your stay here. A super site with a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Howzit all.. My name is Karl. From Vredehoek in Cape Town. Been vaping since end of 2013 and never touched a siggie again. :rock: Started on Twisp then, and currently running a rolo rx200 mod with a Aromamizer RDTA and its just awesome. Also have a white Joytech Evic VTC mini with Tron tank. Still a bit new to building coils, always been a pre-built coil guy. Or somebody bulding it for me. LOL ;) But between Youtube, and lots of practise im getting there. Currently running normal kanthal, 24ga coils. Also have some 26ga Titanium wire, but struggling big time with it, so still lots to learn. (wasted soooo much wire trying, still no working coil yet) LOL.

Anyway. Juices. I dig my dessert flavours. Big fan of Milky Way from Sir Vape. Big fan of Foggs line. And also Debbie Does Donuts from Mr Hardwicks. (need to buy two bottles at a time) LOL. Mango, pear, lemon, stawberry my fav fruity flavours.

Glad to be part of the forum. Working shifts so will try check in as often as i can..

Cheers

PS: Got my wife on the Eleaf iJust2 with 0.3ohm coils. That thing performs like a beast.

Huge welcome to all the new guys! :clap: I am in awe as to how much this website grows week by week.

In 6 months I have made many life long friends literally EVERYONE on here is extremely helpful and friendly!

There is always something to learn here!

I hope you all enjoy your stay, FOREVER! :nod:

Huge welcome to all the new guys! :clap: I am in awe as to how much this website grows week by week.

In 6 months I have made many life long friends literally EVERYONE on here is extremely helpful and friendly!

There is always something to learn here!

I hope you all enjoy your stay, FOREVER! :nod:
Thanks for the welcome.. Yeah soooooo much to learn here.. Been checking the forum out for hours now. LOL

Back