Lemo 2 builds and wicking...

Has anyone here tried koh gen do or puff? I'm sure I've asked this some place else, but I've been tempted to buy a lifetime supply of that stuff as rayon doesn't work for me and I'm back to using cotton balls

Also, eff loadshedding

Has anyone here tried koh gen do or puff? I'm sure I've asked this some place else, but I've been tempted to buy a lifetime supply of that stuff as rayon doesn't work for me and I'm back to using cotton balls

Also, eff loadshedding

Japanese cotton (KGD) is all I use in my RTAs - I love the stuff :D

Also, eff loadshedding

Hi @Mike, i bought a little pack of japanese cotton from eciggies a while back. Not sure if its the same as Koh Gen Do but it looks very similar. Also has the layer on top and bottom that must be removed. Tried it once and quite liked it. Could not tell much difference at the time against organic cotton balls. But i think i must start using it again and try it on the tanks as well as the Native wicks like Andre does.

Also, eff loadshedding
Normal cotton (ball, rolls, organic, sterilized) has never worked for me - always get a horrible industrial taste. Japanese cotton is a little bit better, but have found that Native Wicks is the most neutral for me.

Guys, I feel for you. If I have coiled and wicked a tank according to what is generally accepted as good and I get dry hits or leaking or the flavour is not good, that is the end of that tank. You have much more patience.
The Lemo 2 is the first tank in a long time that I like. Wicked with Native Wicks. No dry hits, no leaking and good flavour so far on 60VG juice. Am on my second tank. Of course, never looking forward to the schlep of cleaning, drying and re-wicking.

Well guess what, I took a tip from @Andre - and so far its working like a champ!

I rewicked the Lemo2 with Native Wicks this afternoon. And so far its vaping extremiely well with no dry hits. The flavour is even crisper than with Rayon and I am getting a richer flavour.

Not sure if its the Native Wicks or just a lucky wicking but I will take it and am happy.

Thanks @Andre! Im getting a really good Strawberry Ice vape now!

I'm making progress too, seems like a vacuum issue with mine. If I close airflow, open fill hole, close fill hole, open air flow it wicks again. Have to do this about twice per tank of juice, but at least it's working. I've swapped out o rings so not sure what the issue is, but going to keep fiddling.

Hope you get it right @Gambit!

By the way, does anyone else get the Lemo2 not sitting flush on their Smok M50 (mini dragon)

I would say mine is about 1mm off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431279254.134709.jpg

Vapes fine though. Not sure if I should be concerned? About stripping threads or damaging anything?

Paging @free3dom ... And other mini dragon vapers

By the way, does anyone else get the Lemo2 not sitting flush on their Smok M50 (mini dragon)

View attachment 26987

Vapes fine though. Not sure if I should be concerned? About stripping threads or damaging anything?

mine is the same on the cloupor mini

View attachment 26987

I have that with my M50 as well, both the Lemo and the SubTank mini have about 1mm of clearance. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about and I have not run into any problems with any of these tanks on the device :)

I have that with my M50 as well, both the Lemo and the SubTank mini have about 1mm of clearance. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about and I have not run into any problems with any of these tanks on the device :)

Thanks @free3dom. Much appreciated.

Hey guys if my coild resistance starts jumping around what does that mean.

Like it starts at 1.3 ohm i fire it jumps to 3.2 and everything in between. changes every sec or 2. it just started doing this randomly

Like it starts at 1.3 ohm i fire it jumps to 3.2 and everything in between. changes every sec or 2. it just started doing this randomly

What atty and mod?

Either your coil is loose or your mods ohm reader has had too much to drink. Those would be my best guesses

I don't have a lemo 2 but I'm guessing your post screws are not tightened properly.

This usually gives fluctuations in ohm readings.

Or, you have a short some where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What atty and mod?

Either your coil is loose or your mods ohm reader has had too much to drink. Those would be my best guesses

lemo 2 running on a 30w istick...

suppose that would make sense i did change it from the top screws to the side. leads are a bit small does go all the way to the other side

2morrow is my 60 days cig free and vaping, Its my third coil, i'm still very much noob.

Last edited:

@Riaz is correct, check that the screws are nice and snug. After firing the coil for the first time the coil usually works itself loose.

Interesting thread, kept wondering why so many people complained about dry hits on the lemo 2 as I've been getting the awesome flavour hit after hit with just abit of leakage when refilling, only to find out this evening I somehow I misplaced the bottom o ring which explains the leaking and now after replacing the seal, I understand what the complaints are about. But loosening the tank abit solved this problem.

Interesting thread, kept wondering why so many people complained about dry hits on the lemo 2 as I've been getting the awesome flavour hit after hit with just abit of leakage when refilling, only to find out this evening I somehow I misplaced the bottom o ring which explains the leaking and now after replacing the seal, I understand what the complaints are about. But loosening the tank abit solved this problem.

That is most interesting @Richio
So when you put it together do you just not screw the top on tight?

@Silver I screw it on just till I can feel it starting to get tight. If I feel the flavour getting less or a dry hit coming along, just loosen the tank abit. The o ring actually works brilliantly in preventing leaking but at the same time it ruins the product, tightening it too too much blocks the juice channels.

Started getting dry hits on the Lemo 2 late last week, and wicked and re-wicked it multiple times with multiple different methods. I am on Max VG, which is like syrup in this cold whether. What I have noticed (compared to the Lemo 1):

I don't get the little air bubble going up after every two or three drags.
When turning the Lemo 2 on its side, I get one or two BBIIIGGG AASSS bubbles going up, and then obviously no dry hits ... but I constantly need to "prime the wick manually" using the above method, which is not ideal.

So for those that understand how the vacuum is supposed to work, does this mean there is too much or too little wick?

Thanks

Started getting dry hits on the Lemo 2 late last week, and wicked and re-wicked it multiple times with multiple different methods. I am on Max VG, which is like syrup in this cold whether. What I have noticed (compared to the Lemo 1):

I don't get the little air bubble going up after every two or three drags.
When turning the Lemo 2 on its side, I get one or two BBIIIGGG AASSS bubbles going up, and then obviously no dry hits ... but I constantly need to "prime the wick manually" using the above method, which is not ideal.

So for those that understand how the vacuum is supposed to work, does this mean there is too much or too little wick?

Thanks
i know everyone says the wick must just touch the base, i dont agree with this.

1 - cut your wick so that its even with the outside of the base.
2 - push the chimney over the wick and down
3 - screw chimney on, just snug, not tight, but not loose (just snug)
4 - you will see the wick has moved to the side, as the chimney moved it, just move it back to the center, dont push the wick away from the juice channel, leave it there.

lemo2.png

wicking just moved back to center.....
d49cc5da8d9c478fc5e3d4299110081c.jpg

4 - you will see the wick has moved to the side, as the chimney moved it, just move it back to the center, dont push the wick away from the juice channel, leave it there.View attachment 27004
I used this method before. And I think, if I remember correctly, I got the best results. Or actually it might have been the Kayfun Bunny ears method, which has the same end result in terms of amount of wicking and location of wick.
Tank is almost empty so will rewick using this method.
Thanks man!

the reason this is best, is if your air pressure somehow does not work, there is a bit of wick in the channel and it will pull the juice in, regardless of air pressure balance

4 - you will see the wick has moved to the side, as the chimney moved it, just move it back to the center, dont push the wick away from the juice channel, leave it there.

View attachment 27004

wicking just moved back to center.....
d49cc5da8d9c478fc5e3d4299110081c.jpg
This still gave me serious dry hits. Rewicked, again, but cut the wick just on the outside of the deck. Screwed on the bottom piece of the chimney, and left the wick as is. No dry hits so far

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

about four builds down this is working for me, Japanese cotton pretty thinly cut extending to the edge of the base taken down to the juice wells, vaping a 0.9 ohm at 15w no dry hits.

Attachments

• Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 29
Back