Lemo 2 builds and wicking...

I had a chap come into the shop today. He'd built a coil on his Lemo 2 with 28g Kanthal and wicked it with cotton. He showed me photos of the build with what looked like a 3.5 or 4mm ID. Not sure how many wraps he had on there, looked like 4, maybe 5, the coil came out at 1.3 ohms. After wicking you could hardly see the coil. I laughed and told him that would never work. Then he hands me his IPV set to 27w and says, "try it".

He had it loaded with SkyBlue Ambrosia, I popped my drip tip on there and took a few long pulls, getting myself ready for a dry hit. I was quite surprised, Ambrosia never tasted to good, and the dry hit never came. Maybe this guy is just lucky, he's just started rebuilding :O
Sounds about right. Ambrosia is 50/50 :)

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

I need to get these tanks wicked right...
Nice story @BumbleBee

Tbh I've been getting flavour almost as good as a Magma / PV any other dripper I've tried in my one. I keep wondering how good the Taifun must be if it's better than this!!!

Thanks for all the replies on this @LandyMan, @free3dom ,@BumbleBee and @Mike

So it seems then that one also has to pick the right ID for your coil based on the device at hand and not just on what you prefer...

My original logic was that for lower power - say up to 20W, you can get away with 1.5mm ID for a crisp vape.
Then as you increase the power, you typically need a bigger ID to get more wick because it vaporises more and it will need more juice. But what you are saying is that if you go too big, it may not wick properly with heavy VG juice.

I suppose my logic was for drippers and not tanks.

These tanks are quite confusing... lol

PS - Getting dry hits again on my Lemo2 and I changed nothing. Just refilled. Sigh.... and Im using 50/50. Its a 2mm ID coil (1.1 ohms) using Native Wicks. Had a tank and a half of brilliant vaping. Now its going back to its old ways... So fickle.... or maybe I am too judgemental. Lol.

I don't really think tanks are that difficult to build for and there is room for variation in how you coil/wick all of them :D

It does seem that there is something a bit weird going on with the Lemo 2 in this regard though - it sounds like for some people it is being way more difficult than it should be. Personally I haven't run into any trouble with mine, but too many users are having issues for me to dismiss it as "they're doing it wrong". There might be some design problem that is making this device behave poorly o_O

I wonder if there are variations between batches... Might be worthwhile comparing a problem one and good one up close?

I don't have a Lemo 2 but I do have a first gen Lemo Drop. From what I have seen the build deck, juice channels and chimney is identical, the only real difference between the two is the top filling and air flow control. Can someone confirm this?

I don't have a Lemo 2 but I do have a first gen Lemo Drop. From what I have seen the build deck, juice channels and chimney is identical, the only real difference between the two is the top filling and air flow control. Can someone confirm this?

I have the Lemo1 (not the drop) and the Lemo2
I havent examined them very closely side by side but I think the chimney section on the Lemo2 is a bit wider. Ie a slightly wider vaporisation chamber. I may be wrong thats just how it looks to me

Maybe i can do some measurements tomorrow..... Lol

I don't really think tanks are that difficult to build for and there is room for variation in how you coil/wick all of them :D

It does seem that there is something a bit weird going on with the Lemo 2 in this regard though - it sounds like for some people it is being way more difficult than it should be. Personally I haven't run into any trouble with mine, but too many users are having issues for me to dismiss it as "they're doing it wrong". There might be some design problem that is making this device behave poorly o_O
Same here, I am amazed at how peeps really hate the Lemo2.

I have the Lemo1 (not the drop) and the Lemo2
I havent examined them very closely side by side but I think the chimney section on the Lemo2 is a bit wider. Ie a slightly wider vaporisation chamber. I may be wrong thats just how it looks to me

Maybe i can do some measurements tomorrow..... Lol
Ah yes, you have new measuring toys :D

Same here, I am amazed at how peeps really hate the Lemo2.

@Andre, what are the specs again of your coil in your Lemo2?
I know you are using Native Wicks
What power are you vaping on?
And what juices have you tried?

@Andre, what are the specs again of your coil in your Lemo2?
I know you are using Native Wicks
What power are you vaping on?
And what juices have you tried?
The coil according to the iStick 50W is 1.0 ohm. Do not remember the gauge of the Kanthal or how many wraps, but it is a 2.5 mm ID.
This is only a sideshow for me - been standing for a few days now, waiting to be rewicked. Have vaped Limelight at 20 to 25 W and Lemoberry at 15 W in there without any problems. Good flavour and no dry hits.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting wicking method for those interested..

If it wasn't for the airflow, I'd get one, but tested a friend's one and the airflow is too restricted for me, even wide open. Otherwise I think it's a great tank.

I went from 3.2 down to 2.4. Running 2.4, 26AWG on all my tanks and RDAs now. Gives the best flavour for me
This is the winner for me. Gone through about 8 tanks, only one of them 50/50, the rest Max VG, on Cloupor Mini at 25W, M65 at 25W and the M80 at 350F/25W, and not a single dry hit

I tried that diamond cut wick last night, got my first ever dry hit on my SubTank Mini, and this with 60vg juice o_O

Using that diamond wick now, but still ended up using too little wick. Can chain vape at 17.5W but some hesitation is needed at 20W.

using the Lemo 2 on a temperature control device 90vg... Clouds and flavour are insane and so is the dry hit protection :)

can run it on 50W 460F no issues. Haven't had a dry hit since I bought it a week ago but that would be thanks to TC

Just did my first build on the lemo. 26, 5 wraps, 0,6ohms with rayon at 25watts. Been smoking the whole night without problems. Will see how it continues. So far im very happy with the lemo. Top filling is bullshit tho. And the fact that you cant change anything while its filled is also a bit bullshit. Other than that, im happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did my first build on the lemo. 26, 5 wraps, 0,6ohms with rayon at 25watts. Been smoking the whole night without problems. Will see how it continues. So far im very happy with the lemo. Top filling is bullshit tho. And the fact that you cant change anything while its filled is also a bit bullshit. Other than that, im happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you been smoking without problems @Barak
I gave that up over 18 months ago
:D

Glad you been smoking without problems @Barak
I gave that up over 18 months ago
:D
Goddamn man. I am still use to the normal lingo. Vaping my dear friends. I meant vaping.

no problems with dry hits etc, but its leaking like a *****. might have used a little too much rayon. Currently my Subtank mini rba base is busted and only eciggies sells them, but the shipping costs just as much as the base, so now the lemo 2 is the only thing i can build on to start the building process.

my Lemo 2 is built as follows.
3mm dia.
28awg nickel 200
10 wraps
Koh gen do

clouds as good as my billow. The trick to no dry hits is don't use rayon lol.

I hate rayon with a passion.

Been using my Lemo 2 for almost a month on the same build that it came with (0.6ohm @ 12w) and +- a tank a day. I'm a bit worried when I have to build a new coil / wick as it will be my first build. The flavour is starting to feel a bit bland so I think I need to do it soon. My worry is that if it don't work I'll be left with my Twisp Clearo and REjuve Vape Pen which have nothing on the Lemo 2 / iStick 30. I may need to look at getting a Subtank Mini / Nano or an RDA unit.

Back