Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ivermectin has been legal all along!” – AfriForum’s bombshell discovery
https://www.all4women.co.za/2204925...egal-all-along-afriforums-bombshell-discovery
26 Feb. 2021

"... The organisation [AfrForum] had gone to court to challenge the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) to allow doctors to prescribe Ivermectin to treat patients with COVID-19.

Bombshell discovery
However, the organisation and its legal team concluded that this medicine had actually been legal all along!

Why?

Because SAPHRA had failed to publish a notice in the Government Gazette (as the Medicines and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965 requires) that requires registration of Ivermectin as medicine.

Moreover, SAPHRA has so far kept this fact from the public.

“AfriForum will now amend its court application to provide for these new facts and to obtain a declaratory order that ivermectin is a legal Schedule 3 medicine and therefor does not require registration by SAPHRA.” ...

Healthcare workers rejoice over vaccinations
https://www.capetownetc.com/news/local-healthcare-workers-vaccination-joy-1
27 Feb. 2021

"Premier Alan Winde confirmed that the first tranche of vaccine rollout is almost complete.

The Western Cape had by 5pm on Friday administered around 67% of the 13 000 vaccines allocated for healthcare workers in the first tranche of the Johnson and Johnson/Sisonke implementation study.

The vaccine doses available for the public sector in this first batch have all been administered. Two vaccination sites, at Groote Schuur and at Tygerberg will be operational this weekend, where just over 2000 remaining doses will be administered to healthcare workers from the private sector.

Over the past week, we have put measures in place to streamline our systems to make them more efficient.

On Saturday, vaccinations will be administered to private hospital staff, and eligible GPs will be vaccinated on Sunday. Anyone coming for their vaccination this weekend must be on the approved list of names, and will need to bring their ID, proof of professional registration and their vaccination voucher.

We have been informed that the doses for the second tranche will arrive in the country on Saturday and we hope to start rolling out the second tranche of doses in the Western Cape next week. In this phase, we will also increase the number of vaccination sites from four currently, to seven and will include sites outside of the metro, as well as a dedicated private sector site..."

Lucky, dying to get my jab, I want to be a 5G powered alligator humanoid with my microsoft chip up my butt.

Totally agree.

I'm so tired of Covid. Cannot wait to get my jab. And then for my family to get the jab. If they tell me to go I'm going to be in front of that queue like its vapecon.

Totally agree.

I'm so tired of Covid. Cannot wait to get my jab. And then for my family to get the jab. If they tell me to go I'm going to be in front of that queue like its vapecon.

I have a comorbidity so I'm near the front just after prisoners.

For the most part from what I am seeing people are now just operating very much like normal. I must admit I am now over all of this and the way the vaccine seems to be going we won't see that very soon either.

These are the Western Cape’s seven vaccination sites
https://www.capetownetc.com/news/these-are-the-western-capes-seven-vaccination-sites
1 March 2021

"The Western Cape Health Department said the province will have a total of seven COVID-19 vaccination sites by the end of this week.

The department’s Saadiq Kariem said: “So, we hope to have these additional sites online from the second to possibly between 2 and 3 March,” reports EWN.

Karl Bremer Hospital launched its vaccination site on Tuesday, February 23 and the Tygerberg Hospital, Groote Schuur Hospital and Khayelitsha District Hospital were already up and running.

Hospitals in Paarl, George, Worcester, and Gatesville will also be offering the jab soon..."

Travelling under Level 1: New rules for domestic flights gazetted
https://www.capetownetc.com/news/travelling-under-level-1-new-rules-for-domestic-flights-gazetted
1 March 2021

"On Monday [March 1], Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula has gazetted changes to domestic air travel under Level 1, which stipulate that passengers aboard domestic flights may not eat while onboard.

The gazette reads: “An Operator conducting a domestic flight is not allowed to provide catering onboard the aircraft except bottled water. A passenger on a domestic flight is not allowed to eat onboard the aircraft.”

The gazette adds that an operator may make available self-service complimentary magazines which passengers may pick up as they enter the aircraft, although such magazine must not be shared amongst the passengers and if left behind by passengers after each use, must be safely disposed of.

International flights will continue at the following airports only:

– OR Tambo International Airport;

– King Shaka International Airport;

– Cape Town International Airport.

Long-haul flight departures and landings at the airports listed are permitted during the hours of curfew. Passengers affected by flights are required to present evidence of a flight ticket when stopped by law enforcement officers during curfew hours.

An Operator conducting an international flight is allowed to provide catering onboard the aircraft, provided that they take all risk mitigation, health and safety measures to contain the spread of COVID -19 including the provision of pre-packed meals."

High court grants Dlamini-Zuma leave to appeal adverse ruling on tobacco ban
https://mg.co.za/news/2021-03-01-hi...leave-to-appeal-adverse-ruling-on-tobacco-ban
1 March 2021

"The high court in Cape Town on Monday granted Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma leave to appeal its December ruling that found the five-month ban on tobacco sales the state imposed last year unconstitutional and invalid.

The decision came as little surprise after Judge Tandazwa Ndita two weeks ago told legal counsel for the minister and British American Tobacco SA (Batsa), which mounted the successful but eventually moot challenge, that there was prima facie reason to allow the matter to proceed to the supreme court of appeal..."

9e1a8d8026a1d719c0ebf1e4daee529d.jpg

Back