Out And About With Your Reo!

At Cape Town Fish Market with HRH for lunch
c86694371114115736d56ef8e08b0f7b.jpg
Welcome to our valley.

Nothing like a late Sunday morning in a farm kitchen enjoying the aroma of lunch being prepared (with a Reo):

SM.jpg

Afters (after total over indulgence) on a farm stoep enjoying the vista during a "boepens skof"

SA.jpg

Awesome @johan
Where is that?

Thanks Johan
As long as the baths are warm, the weather is good and the food plentiful, then all is well!

Thanks Johan
As long as the baths are warm, the weather is good and the food plentiful, then all is well!

You so much better in being politically correct than I can ever dream of ;).

Apologies for this post, skip if you ...... (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bela-Bela)

I really don't see the connection and/or relevance to "boiling pot" and/or "boiling boiling") with reference to the history of this town - must admit I am intelligently impaired, and might sound like an old hat.

When the Tswana tribes first moved into the region in about the 1800s, they discovered hot springs in the area.[5]

The Voortrekker Carl Van Heerden established the first farm in what is now Bela-Bela and called it Het Bad. In 1873, President Burger's Transvaal government bought the land and established a resort called Hartingsburg after the prominent Dutch biologist Pieter Harting.[3] The British occupied the town during the Anglo Boer War, and renamed the post office Warm Baths in 1903, and proclaimed the boundaries of Warmbaths to be the entire farm of Het Bad.[2]

In 1920 Warmbaths was proclaimed a township (in the legal, not racial sense) and the township was designed by architect John Abraham Moffat[6] in that year. In 1950, it became a magisterial district. In 1932 Warmbaths became a village town and got a town council in 1960.[2]

On 14 June 2002[7] the South African government officially renamed the town to Bela-Bela (meaning "boiling boiling").[8]

Incorrect variations on this spelling can also be sometimes found, such as "Bella Bella"[9][10] and "Bela Bela".[4]

Anthena out and about for the first time ever!
fd9bb23df3f2f10e99dfa70b80e747bd.jpg

Sent from Avril the REO filled with VM Tropical Ice!

Hotdamnnn... that there is beautiful!

Out and about with Athena again... down to the beachfront for a meal and cocktails at California Dreaming... best Chicken and Prawn Curry in a long long long time! Awesome!

OutandAbout 006.JPG

A shot of the 200 metre drop hole (Par 3) at Cotswold Down Golf Course! I shot par and just missed a Birdie! If you zoom in you will see 2 balls near the hole... one is mine and the other is my God Son's!

OutandAbout 008.JPG

@Rob Fisher
I am trying to spot the Reo in the golf picture :D

Time for some breakfast at Figo. Whoops let's call it lunch.

281aa818a5cb538dcb2f0b52609264cd.jpg

Sent from Avril the REO filled with VM Tropical Ice!

My first out and about with my REO and I haven’t even named her as yet. I am the first to admit that I am useless at taking pictures hence the quality and probably the lack of quantity going forward. I’ve been to so many places courtesy of work but the most photos that I’ve returned from any trip with is 10, with none of ugly mug in any of them:giggle:

Looking over the menu at Tribes African Grill and Steakhouse @ Emperors Palace

REO_Ordering.jpg

Starter of Cape Bobotie spring rolls

REO_Starter.jpg

Mains grilled Kudu steak

REO_Main.jpg

My first out and about with my REO and I haven’t even named her as yet. I am the first to admit that I am useless at taking pictures hence the quality and probably the lack of quantity going forward. I’ve been to so many places courtesy of work but the most photos that I’ve returned from any trip with is 10, with none of ugly mug in any of them:giggle:

Looking over the menu at Tribes African Grill and Steakhouse @ Emperors Palace

View attachment 27996

Starter of Cape Bobotie spring rolls

View attachment 27997

Mains grilled Kudu steak

View attachment 27999
The Reo looks right at home and the food look delectable.

Back