Rayon Cellucotton Wicking Tutorial And Review

Now to settle down... make some coffee... and rewick ALL my REO's with Rayon...just as well @ET came around yesterday because I may have never tried it again...

How many days do you guys get out of a Rayon wick? Interested because it's now 24 hours and the wick seems perfect still? I would normally have made 2 cotton wicks by now!

Rob, just reading this thread was so entertaining. Sorry for all the trouble you went through to get the right stuff but at least you got it in the end and can relax.

I was going to say if you were not able to cancel the initial cotton , you could have given us a full review on Grahams cotton versus organic Dischem ;-)

You must be the most freuent cotton changer on the forum! I change cotton in the Reos about every 5ml. Approx each tank on the grand and 2 tanks on the mini. But i dont notice a falloff in flavour at 5ml. Only if i push it to about 9 or 10ml.

Havent tried Rayon yet

Rob, just reading this thread was so entertaining. Sorry for all the trouble you went through to get the right stuff but at least you got it in the end and can relax.

I was going to say if you were not able to cancel the initial cotton , you could have given us a full review on Grahams cotton versus organic Dischem ;-)

You must be the most freuent cotton changer on the forum! I change cotton in the Reos about every 5ml. Approx each tank on the grand and 2 tanks on the mini. But i dont notice a falloff in flavour at 5ml. Only if i push it to about 9 or 10ml.

Havent tried Rayon yet

I just love those first 20 or so toots on a new cotton wick and now I have it all day with Rayon... I did try Rayon a few days ago but made the mistake of not using Menthol Ice.... yes I know... what a silly goose... and then when ET was here yesterday he was pretty insistent that he wick the new REO with Rayon so while it was out and he was playing with his new toy I gave Erica a Rayon wick.... and I have gone through 12ml's on it and it still tastes as good as new! That's why I went bananas today looking for a box of the stuff!

In a nutshell... try Rayon! :rock:

Roger that @Rob Fisher
I hear you loud and clear.
Will report back when i have tried it

Glad you found something that makes things easier for you!!

I am following the original forum about using Rayon. And it seems this stuff is producing flavour that no one before experienced with cotton, mesh, cotton mesh combo. Ideal for drippers who like to move between flavours. it seems the biggest issue is that you need to tweak your power output to maximize on the superior wicking of the Rayon. But with Rayon it seems you are getting a wider gamut of flavour tones.

I know I'm raving a little too much but I have to thanks @HPBotha so much for the sample he sent me and for @Alex for starting this thread... my initial feeling (now that I have tried it with my Menthol Ice) was Mmmmm same as cotton not bad... but having had it in my Cyclone for close on 30 hours and 18ml of juice it is still producing the most perfect flavour for me!

Good news for @Oupa is that I'm now going through Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice and Coconut concentrate at a rate of knots! But man is it worth it! :rock:

Massive shout out to @HPBotha for introducing this stuff to the vaping masses! I got my sample in the post box this morning and tried a piece in the Kayfun straight away, definitely a massive step up from cotton!

I know I'm raving a little too much but I have to thanks @HPBotha so much for the sample he sent me and for @Alex for starting this thread... my initial feeling (now that I have tried it with my Menthol Ice) was Mmmmm same as cotton not bad... but having had it in my Cyclone for close on 30 hours and 18ml of juice it is still producing the most perfect flavour for me!

Good news for @Oupa is that I'm now going through Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice and Coconut concentrate at a rate of knots! But man is it worth it! :rock:

Wow @Rob Fisher
18ml of juice in 30 hours!
That is a ton of juice you are going through. Are you chain vaping the whole day?

Nevertheless, am glad to hear the Rayon is holding up after some stress testing ;-)

Wow @Rob Fisher
18ml of juice in 30 hours!
That is a ton of juice you are going through. Are you chain vaping the whole day?

Yes I am pretty much... my wife is away in JHB at a wedding and I'm getting ready for the coming week of fishing in the Nationals competition so it's just me, my PC, my tackle and Erica!

There is no doubt the Rayon consumes more juice and that's probably where the better flavour is coming from and now I'm getting a really perfect toot each time... I will be hunting the little green fish for the whole week so my juice intake will drop dramatically so I'm stocking up now! ;-)

Anyone have some rayon to spare?
Don't you know any hairdressers? Pop in to a few near you and ask if they use it for their perms. Just ask to see the box as there are a few variations.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Don't you know any hairdressers? Pop in to a few near you and ask if they use it for their perms. Just ask to see the box as there are a few variations.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My sister owns a hairdresser. Thanks for the heads up!!

It looks like I can get some Rayon form my sis, she is a hairdresser as well and confirmed they use it :party:

Back