Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @Matthee has pointed out, if the SVD fires but limits you to 15 Watts, then you may as well get the extra wraps and extra coil/wick surface area contact on a slightly higher resistance coil. Am I understanding this correctly?

As @Matthee has pointed out, if the SVD fires but limits you to 15 Watts, then you may as well get the extra wraps and extra coil/wick surface area contact on a slightly higher resistance coil. Am I understanding this correctly?

I understand, it makes sense. Thanks for this.

1st coil on my new Aqua. Dual coil, 28g at 0.8ohm
y6uqavuz.jpg

Sent via Pluto on my Rocket

Very very nice. Once the cotton got settled, the flavour was awesome. A little better than the Rocket, crap loads better than the evod.

Sent via Pluto on my Rocket

I was up late last night tinkering with my Kayfun. Here's my new chimney coil. 5/6 wraps with 28g. Cotton wrapped around the coil. 1.2 ohms on an SVD.

DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010.jpg DSC_0011.jpg

This is a vast improvement for me. The throat hit is massive, I had to lower the power from 12w to 8w. Flavour is also brilliant but vapour production a little less so.

This coil will stay a while :)

Is that a new way to do it? I would have threaded the wool through the coil and also the coil wouldn't have been in that position?

I was up late last night tinkering with my Kayfun. Here's my new chimney coil. 5/6 wraps with 28g. Cotton wrapped around the coil. 1.2 ohms on an SVD.

View attachment 2241View attachment 2242 View attachment 2243

This is a vast improvement for me. The throat hit is massive, I had to lower the power from 12w to 8w. Flavour is also brilliant but vapour production a little less so.

This coil will stay a while :)
dude that coil is glowing beautifully.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Your way would be right, this is just a different setup. I saw a video and like to experiment so...

Again excellent photography, let alone the great coiling @Reinvanhardt - what was the major one aspect change from horizontal to vertical coiling you experienced?

Again excellent photography, let alone the great coiling @Reinvanhardt - what was the major one aspect change from horizontal to vertical coiling you experienced?

Cheers Johan! Throat hit x 2 and flavour x 1.3. Because the middle of the coil is now right above the air hole the airflow is improved and by wrapping the cotton around the coil you still get maximum surface contact. So to answer you... throat hit, defnitely.

@Reinvanhardt That is a beautiful coil!

I also did a vertical chimney coil in kayfun clone a few times, gotta agree with the throat hit, it was insane, even with a regular coil i find kayfun has quite a throat hit compared to some other rba's. The vapour production was not quite up to scratch imho, even at the 15W max on my SVD (no mech).

Is that a new way to do it? I would have threaded the wool through the coil and also the coil wouldn't have been in that position?

When you place your coil vertically, your wick placement is on the outside and accordingly benefit a greater surface area.

Cheers Johan! Throat hit x 2 and flavour x 1.3. Because the middle of the coil is now right above the air hole the airflow is improved and by wrapping the cotton around the coil you still get maximum surface contact. So to answer you... throat hit, defnitely.
Awesome coiling! Throat hit is my thing, so on my urgent to do list now. Thanks for showing us.

Thanks - will definitely try before next refill.

Awesome coiling! Throat hit is my thing, so on my urgent to do list now. Thanks for showing us.

Ditto - as @Matthee said - I too am a throat hit chaser. So this is fascinating.

@Reinvanhardt - those photos are stunning. What camera are you using to take them if I may ask? Are you using a tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back