The Atomic Thread

I finally sat down and built a dual coil for my new Atomic... 28g microcoils 0,7Ω. Broke the first leg tightening the screws... started over and second time around managed... put some awesome Rayon wicks into the coils and popped the cap on... then the epic fail... it won't screw all the way into the REO LP/SL. :-@

View attachment 10789
Checked my bottom fed Magma and Plume Veil and they both fit fine... so I guess the threads on this Atomic are not that lekker.

i had the same issue with my reo mini. with @CVS help we jst turned it right down and worked perfectly. put my reomizer on after just to make sure no issues and its all in order

Re-wicked and recoiled today to 0.6 ohm dual coil. Wow, kinda overwhelming.. think 0.8 is better for me on this Atomic.. also, I don't think this Elvis's breakfast is doing for me at this low ohm. Peanut butter is a bit to over powering now. Should invest in other juices as I am officially done buying vape gear.. where to start lol.. What is a good juice to vape in this atty do you reckon?

Re-wicked and recoiled today to 0.6 ohm dual coil. Wow, kinda overwhelming.. think 0.8 is better for me on this Atomic.. also, I don't think this Elvis's breakfast is doing for me at this low ohm. Peanut butter is a bit to over powering now. Should invest in other juices as I am officially done buying vape gear.. where to start lol.. What is a good juice to vape in this atty do you reckon?
Try Bowden's Mate or The Virus or Rocket Sheep Enterprise.

im vaping on purple alien at .38ohms its freaking beautiful

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

good desert flavors work well with lower ohms and higher watts methinks :think:

For me personally its just the other way round, tobacco flavors at < 0.7 Ω and desert flavors at 0.9+ Ω

Thanks to CVS, got some Blue Magic and Devils milk.. rewicked and recoiled to dual twisted 28g coils (0.4-0.5 ohms)on 2nd biggest hole. All I can say is wow. The taste, the vapour is outstanding. It's not to hectic at all. Thanks again bru!

IMG_20140904_163802.jpg IMG_20140904_163744.jpg

Guys just putting it out there, i have a new Atomic bf modded by from Vape Club thanks btw @Jakesa to swop for Plume veil bf if you have. I bought 2 for my mods

Guys just putting it out there, i have a new Atomic bf modded by from Vape Club thanks btw @Jakesa to swop for Plume veil bf if you have. I bought 2 for my mods
I have one if you wanna swop

Sorry to hear about the threading issue there @Rob Fisher , I don't quite understand why this is as this only seems to happen on some Reos and also no other mod that I am aware of. @TylerD has some dies coming of which I hope to buy a few. If the tolerance on the die is tight enough this might solve the issue on these atties once and for all. :confused:
Failing that I'll order specified tolerance dies from the States.

Sorry to hear about the threading issue there @Rob Fisher , I don't quite understand why this is as this only seems to happen on some Reos and also no other mod that I am aware of. @TylerD has some dies coming of which I hope to buy a few. If the tolerance on the die is tight enough this might solve the issue on these atties once and for all. :confused:
Failing that I'll order specified tolerance dies from the States.

Don't sweat it one bit @JakesSA! It's a know issue and I am completely relaxed.

@JakesSA is there any way of adjusting the positive pin it seems to be sitting a little far out so my atty does not screw in far enuff

This seems to be common amongst most of the rda's we have, I'm not sure if they supposed to be like that. I saw that the Cyclones I've looked at are practically level. It occurs to me that it may be safer to have the positive pin protrude a bit to avoid a short .. maybe. The Cyclones will definitely not be suitable for a direct hybrid type connection where the positive pin is actually direct onto the battery.

You can try put it in a vice with two small blocks of aluminium on either side of the posts and then close the vice .. carefully. The blocks must obviously be wide enough to allow the pin to move between them. Not sure if it will move much though since the plastic insulator around that centre post 'seats' into place.

Are your posts level with each other at the top @The Golf?

Ok, so those of you who met me at the meet prob know that I like airy draws. Very airy. I love the atomic, but even full open, it just wasn't airy enough for me. So I removed the afc ring completely and BAM!! Perfect airy draw and the flavor isn't influenced that much. I still get really great flavor!! I love this!!
BTW the whistling it made is now also gone. No need to drill. I'm really pleased with this. ;)

No the positive pin is prob about 1.5mm lower I think ill try ur suggestion. Thank you sir. Once again thanks for the mods

No the positive pin is prob about 1.5mm lower I think ill try ur suggestion. Thank you sir. Once again thanks for the mods

Ahh, I must not have seated it properly, those posts should be very close to equal height. Use a ruler or some flat edge to confirm. The vice should fix it chop-chop just close it slowly, you will actually feel it 'slip into place'. If you don't come right give me a shout?

Back