The Atomic Thread

I used to prefer single coils too, but once you get a nice dual coil going. It's not easy going back. I agree with all you guys.

Not so much clouds. Maybe a little. Flavor has always been better for me with dual coils. I guess it differs from person to person. With sub ohm dual coils in my Plume Veil I get both. Great flavor and big clouds. Even if I had small clouds, I wouldn't mind, but it's still better for me with dual coils and less than 1 ohm. Maybe it's just me....lol (you did say I need help....hahahaha)

You do need help and you are a lunatic... :rock: but there are a few experienced vapers around using dual coils so there has to be something to this dual coiling! I pay attention when some of these old dogs (well old at vaping) talk... ;)

I used to prefer single coils too, but once you get a nice dual coil going. It's not easy going back. I agree with all you guys.

I'll get there... I was slow to adopt the REO and then saw the light... I guess it will be the same with the dual coils... :)

I'll get there... I was slow to adopt the REO and then saw the light... I guess it will be the same with the dual coils... :)

With the Reomizer size atty, the single coil is awesome Rob. I was just talking about dual coils with reference to the Atomic above.

edit: although, I can just imagine how amazing a dual coil on the cyclone would be.. that small volume must produce one helluva dense vape.

Wondering how 32 g built to around 0.9/1.0 ohms would work for you in the Atomic or Cyclone with AFC?

I guess is the clouds you are after? Is is there a flavour issue with dual coils? I haven't played with dual coils much and I guess the last two times I built a dual coil the vape was too intense for me so I gave up... but I will persevere!
I found that you need to go much lower in ohms on dual to get a better vape than a well setup single in a small chamber.

You do need help and you are a lunatic... :rock: but there are a few experienced vapers around using dual coils so there has to be something to this dual coiling! I pay attention when some of these old dogs (well old at vaping) talk... ;)

I guess it will all depend on whether you like airy draws or if you go mouth to lungs directly. I like airy draws and I do mouth to lung, and that's where the dual coils shine for me. If you do mouth to throat (smoking style) then I guess single coil and small air holes will suit you well, because you need a tight airflow to do mouth to throat draws.

I don't use RM2's anymore and actually only have one left... all my REO's have cyclones but I now have a few Cyclops's and also bottom fed Plume Veil, Atomic, Magma and the new BF Odin (on it's way) so I now have to give the dual coils a go... based on your comment above @Andre I need some 32g wire?

Did a 8wrap 2mm id 26g single coil came out .76ohms. so now this is what im faced with flavor is muted because I've been vaping between .35 and .4ohms for at least 2 weeks straigh. clouds isnt a issue as there is still plenty using a 1.5mm airhole on the atomic with mouth to lung hits. Now to keep strong and vape this coil for at least a day or 2 while my taste buds readjust itself.
abyjamag.jpg
a3yba3y5.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

I don't use RM2's anymore and actually only have one left... all my REO's have cyclones but I now have a few Cyclops's and also bottom fed Plume Veil, Atomic, Magma and the new BF Odin (on it's way) so I now have to give the dual coils a go... based on your comment above @Andre I need some 32g wire?

Difficult to work with, maybe 30 g will also do the job (but try the 32 g first) - just a hunch from my side - could be totally wrong. My thinking is that low ohms is too hectic for you (especially with Menthol), but duals at higher ohms with 28 g and the likes takes just too much real estate (wire) - making for an unbalanced and not too good vape. Maybe using thinner wire (of which less is needed to get to higher ohms) would give a better balance without being too hectic for you.

Would have tried it for you before making the suggestion if I were at home. Purely speculative at this stage.

Difficult to work with, maybe 30 g will also do the job (but try the 32 g first) - just a hunch from my side - could be totally wrong. My thinking is that low ohms is too hectic for you (especially with Menthol), but duals at higher ohms with 28 g and the likes takes just too much real estate (wire) - making for an unbalanced and not too good vape. Maybe using thinner wire (of which less is needed to get to higher ohms) would give a better balance without being too hectic for you.

Would have tried it for you before making the suggestion if I were at home. Purely speculative at this stage.

Thanks @Andre! I will get both because I'm sure I will find a use for both 30g and 32g over time!

I have my eye on a certain red one in the pic ;) lol

I'm sure you have... and when my gold one arrives you will want that one too! :giggle: The red one is earmarked for the new Lily coming this week (hopefully)... it would look stunning on the White Grand SL/LP! :rock:

The Magma, Pumeveil and Veritas are all incredible for flavour, if only they were 3mm smaller in diameter. :(

The Magma, Pumeveil and Veritas are all incredible for flavour, if only they were 3mm smaller in diameter. :(

Yip I think that's gonna be a killer for me... my OCD will never handle the overhang... ;(

I'm sure you have... and when my gold one arrives you will want that one too! :giggle: The red one is earmarked for the new Lily coming this week (hopefully)... it would look stunning on the White Grand SL/LP! :rock:
Looking forward to seeing that :D along with the new ladies! :rock:

So like the RM2 I find coil position is also really important to flavour and TH. Id like to hear what you guys are doing re. Positioning

So like the RM2 I find coil position is also really important to flavour and TH. Id like to hear what you guys are doing re. Positioning

Well I keep em at the same height as the post holes, which lines up with the air holes.

Back