The Atomic Thread

I drilled the large air holes of my atomic out to 3mm each and now it's perfect for me.

I drilled the large air holes of my atomic out to 3mm each and now it's perfect for me.

Hey @zadiac, the atomic has Manufacturer airhole sizes include 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm for single or dual airholes

The largest air hole on the one I have, was 2.5mm. I checked it. Drilled it out with a 3mm yesterday.

So like the RM2 I find coil position is also really important to flavour and TH. Id like to hear what you guys are doing re. Positioning

I'm full on for flavor thus my coil is almost right down on the deck.

When I started out my coils were very high up for that throat hit at around 0.9 ohms and higher. Nowadays at between 0.4 to 0.7 my coils are much closer to the deck - giving me both good throat hit and good flavour - I surmise.

Just caught up with these posts from the last few days and have some comments, despite me not having an atomic

@Cape vaping supplies , your photies of your coils are always excellent and your coils are so neat! What camera did you use for that single coil you posted?

@Rob Fisher , i dont have much experience with dual coils, but in the RM2 i have tried a bit with paracoils. 28g is too thick in my view so one needs too many wraps. Also i found the coil spits and crackles and is noisy. 30g para is whats in my one Reo now, been there for about two weeks. About 0.7 ohms. 1.5mm iD. 6 wraps of double wire so its a manageable size. The vape is better. Crisper and less to no spitting and not too noisy. I use it on the tobaccoes and it works very well for me. Good flavour and good throat hit.

But there are so many variables here. Different atty, different juice, different preferences. I think you hav to just try several combinations till you hit something you really like.

I don't use RM2's anymore and actually only have one left... all my REO's have cyclones but I now have a few Cyclops's and also bottom fed Plume Veil, Atomic, Magma and the new BF Odin (on it's way) so I now have to give the dual coils a go... based on your comment above @Andre I need some 32g wire?

Please think of me if you want to recycle your Atomic at some stage @Rob Fisher

So iv been playing with my Atomic coil position, heights, wicking and it seems it reacts almost exactly the same as my RM2.
2mm up from air hole more TH 2mm down more flavor. Wicking material should just touch the deck so you get fresh juice every 2-3 puffs, not overly boiled juice.

i think my only problem now is how loud this freaking coil is, parallel 0.4ohm, also after i release it hisses for about 2secs. Checked the coils dry burned and checked that there are no hot spots but still this happens. Not sure if its normal for such a low ohm coil, understanding that it heats up a lot quicker and cools slower because of the excess heat.

So iv been playing with my Atomic coil position, heights, wicking and it seems it reacts almost exactly the same as my RM2.
2mm up from air hole more TH 2mm down more flavor. Wicking material should just touch the deck so you get fresh juice every 2-3 puffs, not overly boiled juice.

i think my only problem now is how loud this freaking coil is, parallel 0.4ohm, also after i release it hisses for about 2secs. Checked the coils dry burned and checked that there are no hot spots but still this happens. Not sure if its normal for such a low ohm coil, understanding that it heats up a lot quicker and cools slower because of the excess heat.
yeah its normal for a coil like that to retain quite a bit of heat especially if its a well wrapped micro.

Just caught up with these posts from the last few days and have some comments, despite me not having an atomic

@Cape vaping supplies , your photies of your coils are always excellent and your coils are so neat! What camera did you use for that single coil you posted?

@Rob Fisher , i dont have much experience with dual coils, but in the RM2 i have tried a bit with paracoils. 28g is too thick in my view so one needs too many wraps. Also i found the coil spits and crackles and is noisy. 30g para is whats in my one Reo now, been there for about two weeks. About 0.7 ohms. 1.5mm iD. 6 wraps of double wire so its a manageable size. The vape is better. Crisper and less to no spitting and not too noisy. I use it on the tobaccoes and it works very well for me. Good flavour and good throat hit.

But there are so many variables here. Different atty, different juice, different preferences. I think you hav to just try several combinations till you hit something you really like.
Just a plain old samsung S4

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

The problem may be that your wicks are burned through inside the coil, try pulling one out and see if it has split inside the coil. I noticed this two days ago when I tried using very short wicks that just touch the base.

With my dual coils running at .4 ohms the wicks get sucked dry real fast. I noticed the performance was different after a few hours and decided to investigate, only to find that although the wick looked okay, it had come apart in the coil. And the hissing sound after releasing the firing was likely due to this wicking problem.

I have reverted to using a longer wick that coils around underneath the coil, and it works much better.

This works for me with 1.4mm coil ID
33d8bf25-2006-4b60-8d33-f9b7f692c40cCapture.JPG

Love the diagram @Alex - he he
Brilliant ;-)

had ti rip out the single coil.

Dual coil is the only way I get a satisfying vape with tons of flavor!
uge3azym.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

CVS have you tried twisted ribbon or twisted kanthol single coil? Ok its not strictly single but it uses a damn site less juice, and the flavour is awesome as well

016d20066af208570c56a4ca815ba88d.jpg
Guys all you flavour chases out there this is the craziest coil iv ever built flavour wise, my DIY juice tastes insanely sweet, iv never tasted so many different flavours b4 warm sweet, with the tobacco on the exhale. I definitely need to tone the sweetness down. 26 gauge twisted with 24 gauge parallel coil wrapped around 2mm screw driver.

Guys all you flavour chases out there this is the craziest coil iv ever built flavour wise, my DIY juice tastes insanely sweet, iv never tasted so many different flavours b4 warm sweet, with the tobacco on the exhale. I definitely need to tone the sweetness down. 26 gauge twisted with 24 gauge parallel coil wrapped around 2mm screw driver.
Awesome coiling. Enjoy.

Decided to try one of the Atomics, after running with the RM2's for about two weeks..

Wow, I forgot how awesome this Atomic is, currently running on a single parallel coil @ 0.45ohms, and the flavour and density is amazing.

I have to agree with you. Decided to try out your coil build and it's true. The flavour just explodes. It's awesome! Thanks for this.
Mine comes out at .25 ohms. Also using a 2mm drill bit. One of our ohm meters is wrong....lol. Will try it on the vw box mod and see what the ohms read there.

Back