The Atomic Thread

I understand this point but the point im trying to understand and maby i need to explain better is"

using 2 brand new atomics
using 2 Reos grands

The 1 Attomic does not fit on both Reos and does not vape well at all.
The 2nd Atomic fits perfectly on both Reos and vapes like a beast.

After playing with these the other night i am 100% sure the problem is with the atty.
At least on of those atomics has a problem. If both are from the same source, that source has a problem.

Did you notice @Michael had a custom job done on his? His asked for the drain hole to be located a bit higher so more juice stays on the deck for wicking.

Did you notice @Michael had a custom job done on his? His asked for the drain hole to be located a bit higher so more juice stays on the deck for wicking.

Nope i didnt notice that. i just know that that atty does not vape well at all and doesnt screw down on the reos i tried.

Thanks for the help everyone. And thanks @JakesSA slight gap but vapes brilliantly.

Very happy to hear it!

To all you Atomic fans out there who got them via me, I hope you enjoy vaping them as much as I enjoyed modding them! (The odd broken drill bit aside that is ..)

Very happy to hear it!

To all you Atomic fans out there who got them via me, I hope you enjoy vaping them as much as I enjoyed modding them! (The odd broken drill bit aside that is ..)
I absolutely love mine. Screws onto my grand perfectly. My mini not so much. But I prefer it on the grand. Thank you @JakesSA

LOL! Ok seems there might be just a bit of a problem with the threading on my Reo.
The first Reomizer didnt fit and look at this with the Atomic

WP_20141008_004[1].jpg

I will test to see how it fits on another device when i get home.

LOL! Ok seems there might be just a bit of a problem with the threading on my Reo.

View attachment 12799

I know this is random and not a proper solution but i once had a plumeveil that would sometimes screw in halfway and other times it would screw in just fine.

I found that when the threads (on the reo and atty) were dry, it would only screw in halfway and when they both had a bit of e-juice on them, they were fine. Perhaps try this?

Oh no. That is a bummer.

Yep, i can only give it about two full rotations before it becomes stuck.
You would think by now that the 510 threading would be standard on all connectors and attys but it seems each connector and each atty is different. Frustrating....not sure where to go to from here as i certainly dont have the know how to fix this.

I know this is random and not a proper solution but i once had a plumeveil that would sometimes screw in halfway and other times it would screw in just fine.

I found that when the threads (on the reo and atty) were dry, it would only screw in halfway and when they both had a bit of e-juice on them, they were fine. Perhaps try this?

There is so much juice i could take a swim in there :)

There is so much juice i could take a swim in there :)

Ah i see, sorry to hear man

I know @JakesSA would have a solution on how to fix it, but i see you're in durbs so it would mean you have to courier it and be without a for a while :(

Unless we clone him and send one version of him to durbs!

Ah i see, sorry to hear man

I know @JakesSA would have a solution on how to fix it, but i see you're in durbs so it would mean you have to courier it and be without a for a while :(

Unless we clone him and send one version of him to durbs!

I assume the fix needs to be done on the Reo itself? Wonder how it will affect the Reomizre that currently fits on it.
I dont think i could handle too long without it...i do have a mech though that could get me through a week perhaps.

View attachment 12799

That's how mine went on initially. With a little force I got it to go slightly further. I now have the reomiser back on and it still threads fine

I assume the fix needs to be done on the Reo itself? Wonder how it will affect the Reomizre that currently fits on it.
I dont think i could handle too long without it...i do have a mech though that could get me through a week perhaps.
From my understanding it shouldn't. I know @Alex had it done and still uses his rm2. But maybe just double check with @JakesSA on this.

Well it seems the problem is the Reo 510 threading.
The atomic fits perfectly on the iTaste VV, Nemesis and ohm meter.
On the Reo it can only do one rotation before getting stuck....;(

I'm afraid it's gonna be visiting the Reo Spa in Benoni
girl_hospital2.gif

Darn it!! We just signed up with a new courier so I can arrange collection, do the thread repair and return for about R90 and if pickup is on day one you should have it back by day three.

I applied only a little force with mine and it went all the way. I agree with @Alex
It's not the atomic, but rather the Reos

Read a thread on ECF about an atty of which the screw in connector is too long on some batches. This could damage the gasket in a Reo if screwed in fully. Probably not the case with the Atomic, but something to bear in mind for the future.

Sigh, what a mission!
Darn it!! We just signed up with a new courier so I can arrange collection, do the thread repair and return for about R90 and if pickup is on day one you should have it back by day three.

Wow I would really appreciate that!
Once again just blown away by the helpfulness of our local vendors, thanks @JakesSA.

Put on the atomic and now I am really enjoying my reo. Just the right draw for me and I can take lung hits once again
uploadfromtaptalk1412944977230.jpg

Back