The Atomic Thread

6 wraps 2mm 26g single coil middle airhole should be around 0.6 ohms works for me. Nice balance of clouds and flavour
So far that's the best I have tried. Need to stock up on different kanthal to play around but for now I'm stuck with 26g. The 24g is a bit too thick for these small drippers

6 wraps 2mm 26g single coil middle airhole should be around 0.6 ohms works for me. Nice balance of clouds and flavour
So far that's the best I have tried. Need to stock up on different kanthal to play around but for now I'm stuck with 26g. The 24g is a bit too thick for these small drippers.

Thanks for the advice.

Can anybody suggest a good build on the atomic for a lung hitter using 26 or 24 gauge kanthal?

I have a single twisted 26g, seven wraps with 2mm ID and rayon wick.

With the medium airhole half closed off. Oh and you'll need a delrin drip tip, it gets hot! :p

I have a single twisted 26g, seven wraps with 2mm ID and rayon wick.

With the medium airhole half closed off. Oh and you'll need a delrin drip tip, it gets hot! :p
Going to build a coil now and test it out. Think I was greedy for airflow and went to the biggest so I didn't enjoy it much. Will post pics shortly

Going to build a coil now and test it out. Think I was greedy for airflow and went to the biggest so I didn't enjoy it much. Will post pics shortly

Yes the airhole makes the biggest difference for me, I alternate between the smallest airhole, and about half of the medium one, depending on the juice or just for a change.

Yes the airhole makes the biggest difference for me, I alternate between the smallest airhole, and about half of the medium one, depending on the juice or just for a change.
You are completely correct. The airflow made a huge difference with flavour and vapor. Middle hole fully open. Pulling lovely and tasting great.

26g Kanthal 2mm ID 7 wraps. Roughly 0.7ohms.
5dae44c00d2a20ecd7d4cc0ee66c2f5d.jpg

Glowing nicely...

dda0d95ad3486c7775e58572648634b2.jpg

5ebdc552cc2b30684e234e931104b37e.jpg

All wicked up. Cotton wick. Don't have Rayon ... Yet...

2464d78f94d46f546e75f649bba1b408.jpg

Vapor production and flavour is just lovely.

Can't seem to get a pic of the vapor production myself. Maybe next time.

Thanks guys for the advice.

Glad to see the nickname of my reotomic is getting recognized but next week I hope it does not transform to the reodin;)

Glad to see the nickname of my reotomic is getting recognized but next week I hope it does not transform to the reodin;)
Reoclops = reo with a cyclops. I was gonna say Reoclone but that just sounds wrong :p

I have gone back to my Reomizer for now.
Had a lot more leaking with the atomic and I couldnt get a nice tight draw for mouth to lung.
Guess i will play around again in the future.

So I decided to get a bit adventurous and give the reotomic a recoil for the kings crown claim your throne and Damn this thing really claims it's thrown. Parallel 0.5 flat ribbon with 26g 6wraps 2.4mm Id 0.5ohms. Flavor and vapor production is top notch nice warm vape

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414583010604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414583010604.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414583018513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414583018513.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 27
So got my atomic yesterday and have been coiling like crazy. So far dual twisted 32g at 2mm, 8 wraps 1ohm. Dual twisted 32 at 1,5mm, 10 wraps 1,2 ohm. Dual 30g at 2mm, 10 wraps, 1,3 ohm. And a few other lower ohms, they werent too great (too warm for me in a little atty) but the first three were amazing.
Cant belive the performance from this atty on the istick, it is equal to my hana and magma easily, if not actually a bit cleaner tasting. Im in love:giggle:

So got my atomic yesterday and have been coiling like crazy. So far dual twisted 32g at 2mm, 8 wraps 1ohm. Dual twisted 32 at 1,5mm, 10 wraps 1,2 ohm. Dual 30g at 2mm, 10 wraps, 1,3 ohm. And a few other lower ohms, they werent too great (too warm for me in a little atty) but the first three were amazing.
Cant belive the performance from this atty on the istick, it is equal to my hana and magma easily, if not actually a bit cleaner tasting. Im in love:giggle:
Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase @Danny

The atomic is a great little Atomiser and one of my favourite! Happy vaping!

Don't forget to share pics of your builds :rock:

I have found my perfect coil and wick setups for my Atomics.

Single coil
26g
9wraps
1.4mm diameter
+- 0.73 ohm
Long wick, with one side under the coil - and the other end going down and then between the posts to the other side.

15733755252_61cd83a1ba_c.jpg

I have found my perfect coil and wick setups for my Atomics.

Single coil
26g
9wraps
1.4mm diameter
Long wick, with one side under the coil - an the other going down and then between the posts to the other side.

15733755252_61cd83a1ba_c.jpg
Looks very nice, think I will try it out myself

Alright so its quite late now, but I wouldn't sleep until I gave this a try.

The Tricro coil. 26G Kanthal used. Came out to 1.1ohms.
20141110_000853.jpg 20141110_000911.jpg

Not very neat but I must say the vapour and flavour is just awesome.

Snapshot_20141110_9.JPG Snapshot_20141110_33.JPG

Sorry for the bad pics it was the best I could do for now.

Alright so its quite late now, but I wouldn't sleep until I gave this a try.

The Tricro coil. 26G Kanthal used. Came out to 1.1ohms.
View attachment 15004 View attachment 15005

Not very neat but I must say the vapour and flavour is just awesome.

View attachment 15006 View attachment 15007

Sorry for the bad pics it was the best I could do for now.

Wow, fascinating @Riddle
Great pics, what you apologising for? Very challenging to get cloud shots like that

Did you fire the coil before you wicked it? Where does it glow red first? Do all three "coils" heat up at the same time? Very interesting indeed.

Apologies @Marzuq and @Silver I got so excited I forgot to take more pictures. As soon as I'm settled in the office later I will rewick take pics of the glowing and rewick it.

@Silver all coils glow nicely together from the inside out.

20141110_081608.jpg
@Marzuq the wick goes through the 2 upper nano coils and around the the bottom micro coil for better airflow.

20141110_104614.jpg

Attachments

• 20141110_104614.jpg
    20141110_104614.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 11
I got this Coil build from Rip Trippers. It's called the tricro coil build. Was browsing for a different build on the atomic and found it

Thanks @Riddle - most interesting - maybe I will give that a try sometime.
Appreciate the photos -

Thanks @Riddle - most interesting - maybe I will give that a try sometime.
Appreciate the photos -

You are most welcome. You really should try it. It's awesome. The two top coils are supposed to be nano coils however the smallest bit I could find was 1.5mm so I improvised and used it and just made the bottom 1 slightly bigger. I would like to redo this build using 28G and proper nano setup soon.

You are most welcome. You really should try it. It's awesome. The two top coils are supposed to be nano coils however the smallest bit I could find was 1.5mm so I improvised and used it and just made the bottom 1 slightly bigger. I would like to redo this build using 28G and proper nano setup soon.

Thanks @Riddle
Just noticed we started vaping 4 days apart.
Happy 1 year Vape-aversary ;-) Can't remember if I wished you already.

Back