What Did You Vape Today?

Finally powered through the bottle of bubblegum milk I made and loaded up the new strawberry remix, which is fantastic. Not quite there yet (I'm thinking 2% VBIC will do the trick), but super tasty nonetheless on my Pulse 80W - Recurve setup

Heya,
I was asked by a member to write a review or post on this segment, so strap in..
The following is only an opinion, and is based solely on personal experience, not preference or brand promoting, even bias. I'd prefer normally for someone else to give me street-cred / intro, to estbl why I qualify to say what I have found, but that's why Google is there.. (my credentials and exp)

That said; Tasting might be thought of as: Stick it in the hole, chew, swallow and criticise. But a good taster should try and invision what the maker / producer wanted to achieve, and share w the recipient. There's a few parameters which cannot be measured: Quality, value, balance etc. These a based on preference and very controversial; yet Good remains Good, even flawless beyond preference.
Do not discard personal ability or talent (olfactory sharpness - some ppl better than others) & vocabulary to express what you perceive and clearly translate it into distinct descriptive categories.
What I'm trying to say is: How deep you wanna go is totally upto you! But don't be the one to slander Vape juice brands because you are ignorant towards what was intended, or which market it was intended for. Or perhaps you have a blind nose, or deaf palate. Tasting is fun, and you will never like everything. But you'll learn something everytime you experience a new thing..

Now for some examples:
Nasty Juice - I've tried most of the flavours. It's a 7/10 for me. Why you might ask? It's rated tops! Yes, but if you taste 1000 over a wknd, fresh, light and fruity tends to seduce.. It is a great smoke when you smoke alot, and those menthol-eucalyp picks you up and does not saturate your nose n palate. It does not have long follow-through, but distinct robust, upfront fruit for the beginner to identify, but not really depth when you're the experienced taster looking for complexity and no overt flavour that makes you feel like avoiding that flav for the nxt decade.
A good experience leaves you to want more, rather than you saying: "I've had enough." If something is in balance, no one thing stands out above the other. Plus, there's no off-odors or bitter, rancid, oxidative (when left open for extended periods, or eg. Rust or browning of an apple & that half btl wine in ur fridge) or fowl mousy, ammonia etc.
Purity and clarity of your flavours makes most smile, and off odors brings "the face".
The Germans say - "you feast w the eyes"; the Bible says: "The ears tastes words, like the palate taste food". Make sure you have standards because unlike USA having an FDA, I think Vaping SA should have a VDA to ensure certain prod does not hit the market.

Hope this brightened ur Cloud ;) Loads of info, Yes, but nxt time i can keep it fresher, because not all are calibrated to connoisseur -status like a sommelier.. Next time I'll break down my nectar lying infront of me w some wacky-backy comparisons. (Was an avid giggle twig enthusiast in my youth, where it remained..)
Taste the Rainbow!

Honestly the wisest words I have heard regarding E-juice in a while...
You da MAN

Taruto - Yami Vapor and some Amazing Mango from Naked100

Not at all what I expected from either of the flavor notes

Heya,
I was asked by a member to write a review or post on this segment, so strap in..
The following is only an opinion, and is based solely on personal experience, not preference or brand promoting, even bias. I'd prefer normally for someone else to give me street-cred / intro, to estbl why I qualify to say what I have found, but that's why Google is there.. (my credentials and exp)

That said; Tasting might be thought of as: Stick it in the hole, chew, swallow and criticise. But a good taster should try and invision what the maker / producer wanted to achieve, and share w the recipient. There's a few parameters which cannot be measured: Quality, value, balance etc. These a based on preference and very controversial; yet Good remains Good, even flawless beyond preference.
Do not discard personal ability or talent (olfactory sharpness - some ppl better than others) & vocabulary to express what you perceive and clearly translate it into distinct descriptive categories.
What I'm trying to say is: How deep you wanna go is totally upto you! But don't be the one to slander Vape juice brands because you are ignorant towards what was intended, or which market it was intended for. Or perhaps you have a blind nose, or deaf palate. Tasting is fun, and you will never like everything. But you'll learn something everytime you experience a new thing..

Now for some examples:
Nasty Juice - I've tried most of the flavours. It's a 7/10 for me. Why you might ask? It's rated tops! Yes, but if you taste 1000 over a wknd, fresh, light and fruity tends to seduce.. It is a great smoke when you smoke alot, and those menthol-eucalyp picks you up and does not saturate your nose n palate. It does not have long follow-through, but distinct robust, upfront fruit for the beginner to identify, but not really depth when you're the experienced taster looking for complexity and no overt flavour that makes you feel like avoiding that flav for the nxt decade.
A good experience leaves you to want more, rather than you saying: "I've had enough." If something is in balance, no one thing stands out above the other. Plus, there's no off-odors or bitter, rancid, oxidative (when left open for extended periods, or eg. Rust or browning of an apple & that half btl wine in ur fridge) or fowl mousy, ammonia etc.
Purity and clarity of your flavours makes most smile, and off odors brings "the face".
The Germans say - "you feast w the eyes"; the Bible says: "The ears tastes words, like the palate taste food". Make sure you have standards because unlike USA having an FDA, I think Vaping SA should have a VDA to ensure certain prod does not hit the market.

Hope this brightened ur Cloud ;) Loads of info, Yes, but nxt time i can keep it fresher, because not all are calibrated to connoisseur -status like a sommelier.. Next time I'll break down my nectar lying infront of me w some wacky-backy comparisons. (Was an avid giggle twig enthusiast in my youth, where it remained..)
Taste the Rainbow!

Oh my vape! I'll be too scared to write another of my amateur coffee reviews after this! I battle to find the vocab!

Give us a Google link to your experience @Howard? I'm not doubting you - I'm just curious!

Oh my vape! I'll be too scared to write another of my amateur coffee reviews after this! I battle to find the vocab!

Give us a Google link to your experience @Howard? I'm not doubting you - I'm just curious!

Baa-haa..! That's really funny :D
Just Giggle my name n surname.. Something will pop up (I've bn around the proverbial block for a 35yr young..) Did my hobby during day, and work at night, and spare time stuffs.. Figured life's short. Now i rest

Just Giggle my name n surname.. Something will pop up (I've bn around the proverbial block for a 35yr young..) Did my hobby during day, and work at night, and spare time stuffs.. Figured life's short. Now i rest

Um, had to Goog myself to see what pop's up.. Perhaps add in 'wine judge' in search as well to narrow the field a bietjie..

Next tankful of VK Prime PomCool in the Dvarw

'Thumper' and the Evod looking on in the background not too impressed with the situation. Lol.

ffa65668b3810592d3f79cf91c37e81b.jpg

Enjoying this juice more and more. It's subtle yet very tasty. It's strange. I don't normally like anything that has a candyish slant but this is different. Very well balanced and sophisticated in a sense. It's definitely morish. And refreshing.

At 6mg I am also probably reaching for it more often to get more ;-)

Dvarw is still purring like a champ. Getting great flavour.

Nice @Silver but don't neglect Thumper and Evod to much :worried: :). Chose this for my juice on the Vape King giveaway.

Thanks @Bulldog
I appreciate that. But I wont be neglecting Thumper or Evod at all.
I also just refilled Thumper with a nice strong Blackbird Blend - about 20-24mg.
Thumper gives me the best MTL tobacco vape and she is rock solid.

Evod accompanied me today out and about on a walk with the fam.

The Dvarw has a loooooong way to go to get the level of respect I have for Thumper and the Evod. It's behind the other two by a few years! But so far so good.

PS - @Bulldog - good choice on the Pomcool for the giveaway - I think you will like it...

What's your surname? Noob Vaper? That is a Giggle!

Booysen..
Built my very first proper setup today. Got a wismec Inde duo monster today. I think I've bn fooling around upto this point!!

Attachments

• 15334827572361625262770.jpg
    15334827572361625262770.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 38
Booysen..
Built my very first proper setup today. Got a wismec Inde duo monster today. I think I've bn fooling around upto this point!!

Congrats @Howard - that's great
Wishing you well with it!!

Booysen..

@Howard we usually mention the juice which we vaped on this thread - do tell!

Phillip Rocke (Int) – Crème de la Crème
Superb! Finishing off the last drops in the bottle…
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/phillip-rocke-international.t47749/

eCiggies (Local) – Vapor Dragon (another of eCiggies’ coffees)
Review to follow shortly …

Freeman – Cococaine (Int) : A very crunchy, delicious cookie topped with toasted coconut.
Can certainly taste the coconut – and smell it too in the mod. Very nice.
Amusing sales pitch – I have yet to experience crunchiness in juice lol

Bumblebee(Local) – Milk Tart @BumbleBee
I couldn’t taste this juice when I vaped it in the Pico, but in the iJust 3 it’s absolutely delicious!

Killer (Int) – Passion Fruit
Wow! An explosion of flavour!!

It’s cold, wet and windy here in CT, so this evening I think a chocolate biscuit or two would go down well - and what better than Majestic Vapour (Local) – Majestic Crème? Pure yumminess! @Sash

High Nic:
Vape King (Local) – Vanilla Swirl 18mg
I just love this juice! It brings out the subtlety of vanilla without killing it with sweetness. Perfect! @Stroodlepuff
I always have a puff or two of vanilla when I change flavours and sometimes even while vaping the same flavour To me, it refreshes the palate.

IMG_20180806_212228.jpg

Very underrated juice this.

The profile describe it as Lemon cream or Fruit Loops.

Definitely Lemon Cream with lots of icing. And surprisingly not a lot of sweetner.

Vaping Tempestus Ice by Emissary - "A simple yet refreshing glass of tropical fruit punch, with notes of creamy guava, tart grapefruit, litchi and vibrant pineapple - cooled off with a nice hit of ice!"

It's an awesome juice!

Killer (Int) – Passion Fruit
Wow! An explosion of flavour!!

I might try this juice sometime! :) And seeing as you really like it, if I end up not enjoying it I'll just send you the bottle lol.

Back