What Watt?

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
My Twisp Mini Vega has variable wattage up to 40W. However, if I try and vape on anything above 20W it burns my throat. I'm considering upgrading next year, but when I look at the "better" mods (i.e. not starter kits) they have pretty high wattage. What would be the point of buying a mod that goes up to, say, 80W or more, when I can't handle anything above 20W? Yet all of you experienced vapers can and do vape at a high watt. Why can't I? (In case it's relevant, the coil that is supplied with the Mini Vega is 0.6)

High watts are usually, but not limited, to RDA's (dual coils normally) with big ass (or small ass) exotic coils, with that being said, there are stock standard tanks that have a recommended wattage of xx-xx that's very high. Need the power otherwise it just does not produce flavor, clouds, or the type of vape that you need. and some prefer a warmer vape. Need the power to heat up them coils lol

Very much depends on the resistance, airflow and tank you use. Might be an old coil or something? had my buddy's vega the other day at full 40W and I did not had any issues of a few puffs with the standard tank

MTL or very tight airflow you don't need that high watts, coz the slower air thats being draw have longer time in the tank to vaporize or get to the limit that's needed .

Only a noob, so for now just take this info to the back of your mind lol

My Twisp Mini Vega has variable wattage up to 40W. However, if I try and vape on anything above 20W it burns my throat. I'm considering upgrading next year, but when I look at the "better" mods (i.e. not starter kits) they have pretty high wattage. What would be the point of buying a mod that goes up to, say, 80W or more, when I can't handle anything above 20W? Yet all of you experienced vapers can and do vape at a high watt. Why can't I? (In case it's relevant, the coil that is supplied with the Mini Vega is 0.6)

Battery life is an advantage when it comes to duel bat high wattage mods. Second advantage is having the capability to do high wattage. Never know if your vaping style will change in the future. I started with mtl and never thought I would ever enjoy derect lung hits and I did not see the point of creating big clouds but today I only do direct lung hits and like the big clouds as long as they are flavour full.

Higher watts does not mean its better. It 100% relates to your style of vaping. Basic is MTL or very tight airflow tanks = lower watts, otherwise it will cook the juice and you would ten to one get a dry hit, which is very lovely.... For a real life example, a buddy of mine have a Twisp Vega kit that he used since he bought it a few months ago, vaping at a MASSIVE 16 watts, whenever he takes a toot from my vape at a meager 50watts he coughs and ***** and moans and continue to say i'm killing myself with that high wattage lol/ Current tank have 2 coils, lower wattage and a wide very wide open airflow

@Hooked at the end of the day it comes down to, do you really want to vape at plus 50Watts.
If you are happy vaping below 20Watts ........... no need to change.
I vape (MTL) 12 - 15 Watts.
:)
Dave

What nicotine are you on ?

Generally MTL doesn’t need high watts because it clashes with the whole um style.. your mouth can only handle so much vapor before it needs to go somewhere

Same with DTL, low watts means less vapour.... kind of like shooting BB pellets out of a cannon

Also take into account each type of coil build has its wattage range (more wire requires more time to warm up so by increasing wattage you decrease time taken) fused Clapton’s on let’s say 15 Watts will just waste your time and battery where as simple round wire will get very hot very fast at higher wattages so if your wicking is subpar your throats going to be in for a k@k time

Commercial coils don’t like high wattages judging by my past experience, just don’t seem to wick quick enough which leads to dry hits and throat punch city

@Hooked I have more than a few mods capable of high wattages and I very rarely ever go over 28 watts... my happy place is with coils between 0.4Ω and 0.6Ω and I drive them between 24 and 29 watts. It really depends on the tanks, builds and the juice you vape. The only thing that is important is are you happy with the vape you are getting.

The cloud blowers will want low resistance and high wattages... the flavour chasers will be more like my builds...

There is no right or wrong resistance or wattage... the only thing is if you are enjoying the vape.

If you want to upgrade then first concentrate on getting the atty that suits you best. Then for a mod try get a DNA75C.

High watts are usually, but not limited, to RDA's (dual coils normally) with big ass (or small ass) exotic coils, with that being said, there are stock standard tanks that have a recommended wattage of xx-xx that's very high. Need the power otherwise it just does not produce flavor, clouds, or the type of vape that you need. and some prefer a warmer vape. Need the power to heat up them coils lol

Very much depends on the resistance, airflow and tank you use. Might be an old coil or something? had my buddy's vega the other day at full 40W and I did not had any issues of a few puffs with the standard tank

MTL or very tight airflow you don't need that high watts, coz the slower air thats being draw have longer time in the tank to vaporize or get to the limit that's needed .

Only a noob, so for now just take this info to the back of your mind lol

@Shatter When I first got the device, I could vape at 30W with some juices, but I was more comfortable at 20W. Now I can't vape higher than that at all, although I've tried to increase it by just 5W from time to time. Put a new coil in today and still comfortable only at 20W

Battery life is an advantage when it comes to duel bat high wattage mods. Second advantage is having the capability to do high wattage. Never know if your vaping style will change in the future. I started with mtl and never thought I would ever enjoy derect lung hits and I did not see the point of creating big clouds but today I only do direct lung hits and like the big clouds as long as they are flavour full.

@Friep My question is, if I can't vape now at higher than 20W, is there any point in getting a device that has a much higher capability, but which I wouldn't use? For example, my washing machine has many different kinds of washes, but I use only 2 of them!

play around and see where you prefer your vapours, to each their own. im looking at getting down low again lol, had my time at the higher watts club, not to much of a fan for my style of vaping

@Friep My question is, if I can't vape now at higher than 20W, is there any point in getting a device that has a much higher capability, but which I wouldn't use? For example, my washing machine has many different kinds of washes, but I use only 2 of them!
You are using a MTL tank, they are designed for lower watts. If you want to up you watts get a new tank or rda that can handle it or design for higher watts (With airy airflow)

Higher watts does not mean its better. It 100% relates to your style of vaping. Basic is MTL or very tight airflow tanks = lower watts, otherwise it will cook the juice and you would ten to one get a dry hit, which is very lovely.... For a real life example, a buddy of mine have a Twisp Vega kit that he used since he bought it a few months ago, vaping at a MASSIVE 16 watts, whenever he takes a toot from my vape at a meager 50watts he coughs and ***** and moans and continue to say i'm killing myself with that high wattage lol/ Current tank have 2 coils, lower wattage and a wide very wide open airflow

@Shatter Airflow: I don't see where / how to adjust the airflow on the Mini Vega. The instruction manual says it can be done, but...?
On Sunday I'm going to the shop from where I bought and I'll ask the guy there. Also, the kit came with a packet of O rings and quite frankly I have no idea what O rings are for!

@Hooked at the end of the day it comes down to, do you really want to vape at plus 50Watts.
If you are happy vaping below 20Watts ........... no need to change.
I vape (MTL) 12 - 15 Watts.
:)
Dave

@DaveH Ohhhhhh! That's interesting! I thought that because the more advanced mods are capable of going up to a high wattage, I should also, so that I too can be advanced!

@Shatter Airflow: I don't see where / how to adjust the airflow on the Mini Vega. The instruction manual says it can be done, but...?
On Sunday I'm going to the shop from where I bought and I'll ask the guy there. Also, the kit came with a packet of O rings and quite frankly I have no idea what O rings are for!
Should be at the bottem if I remember correctly? O-rings are spares for if one gets damage of tear, otherwise no need to swap them out. The Vega kit is def for mtl users, the airflow on max is still a lose mtl, no where close to the open airflow for most RDA's or some RTA's. Some of these buggers you can breathe though comfortably.

If your current setup works for you then there is no need to upgrade to high wattage device. And I use to vape a rx200s at 15 watts mtl. The device uses three batteries and is capable of 250 watts battery life was awsome. Only reason why I would say you could upgrade to higher wattage devices is for better battery life. And aesthetics could play a role as well those dna 75c devices are beautiful. Different atomizers might change your vaping style and they might need a bit more wattage. So for instance on your current atomizer (tank) anything above 20watts is unpleasant but on a different one like an duel coil rda with a bigg build in it 20 watts will hardly produce any vapour and then you need the power for that.

Ps I still hope to convert you to building your own coils...

What nicotine are you on ?

Generally MTL doesn’t need high watts because it clashes with the whole um style.. your mouth can only handle so much vapor before it needs to go somewhere

Same with DTL, low watts means less vapour.... kind of like shooting BB pellets out of a cannon

Also take into account each type of coil build has its wattage range (more wire requires more time to warm up so by increasing wattage you decrease time taken) fused Clapton’s on let’s say 15 Watts will just waste your time and battery where as simple round wire will get very hot very fast at higher wattages so if your wicking is subpar your throats going to be in for a k@k time

Commercial coils don’t like high wattages judging by my past experience, just don’t seem to wick quick enough which leads to dry hits and throat punch city

@Smoke_A_Llama Nic varies from zero to 3mg to 6mg.
Vapour - I don't get much vapour from this device at all - which suits me.
Coil - Commercial Twisp coils 0.6. Ah! I've just seen that the coil states 15W - 28W. But then why can the device go up to 40W?? Perhaps one gets different coils for it? I'll find out, for interest's sake

@DaveH Ohhhhhh! That's interesting! I thought that because the more advanced mods are capable of going up to a high wattage, I should also, so that I too can be advanced!
My honest opion is that you dont need a 200+ mod, heck not even 100 watts. I don't know anyone vaping at 200watts? If there are any, I tip my hat lol

@Hooked I have more than a few mods capable of high wattages and I very rarely ever go over 28 watts... my happy place is with coils between 0.4Ω and 0.6Ω and I drive them between 24 and 29 watts. It really depends on the tanks, builds and the juice you vape. The only thing that is important is are you happy with the vape you are getting.

The cloud blowers will want low resistance and high wattages... the flavour chasers will be more like my builds...

There is no right or wrong resistance or wattage... the only thing is if you are enjoying the vape.

If you want to upgrade then first concentrate on getting the atty that suits you best. Then for a mod try get a DNA75C.

@Rob Fisher At the moment I'm not enjoying it at all - even at 20W I can take only a very light inhale. Don't know what's the problem. And it's also not giving much flavour and I've tried a few different juices - and it's the flavour that I'm after, not clouds. Didn't have this problem before. Replaced the coil today - maybe a dud? Will buy more on Sunday.

So... you and a few others also vape at a low wattage and here I am thinking it's time for me to grow up and vape at a high wattage lol

Back