Who Else Is Excited For Windows 10

Very well Polished OS. Hope it is painless upgrade for you too @Alex

Thanks @Gizmo, it's been smooth sailing so far.

Edit: And I love it, just finished manually downloading the nvidia driver. Couldn't wait for the slow updates, which is understandable with millions of people hitting the update server. Overall it was a very easy upgrade experience, microsoft finally got it right.

Last edited:
Thanks @Gizmo, it's been smooth sailing so far.

Edit: And I love it, just finished manually downloading the nvidia driver. Couldn't wait for the slow updates, which is understandable with millions of people hitting the update server. Overall it was a very easy upgrade experience, microsoft finally got it right.

I agree, its smooth.

The Good:

The upgrade worked very well.
The new start menu is fantastic.
I like that the apps are now in windows.
I find the money app very useful to monitor R/$ exchange.
DIRECTX12.
Xbox Streaming to PC

The Bad.
I found that some of the apps crash.
I the new Edge browser is far from being polished. Stuttering scroll etc.

Other

I don't like upgrades, I prefer full installs. So I am busy creating the Flash Drive with that windows utility, however, its taken the whole day is only on 4%

Still no joy my side,waiting for that notification thats its my turn to download

I downloaded it to flash drive, want to do a clean install. Hopefully that happens tonight. Download just finished, took just over 4 hours...

I downloaded it to flash drive, want to do a clean install. Hopefully that happens tonight. Download just finished, took just over 4 hours...
mmm why so long? What line do you have?

Seems my download is flying (4meg line) started at 6:00ish

Attachments

• windowas.png
    windowas.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 30
@Necris did you try the work around?
I did indeed,but i also seem to have update issues,understandably the update site was crammed today,but NONE of my pending updates would install
will have a look again now,but will download tomorrow on a faster line,living out of town has its drawbacks

Mine downloaded fine. Kicks off the installer then reboots and goes into recovery mode. FML

Yeah i have no success on my side also :( Seems like i will have to re-install and try again FML.

got the iso at last,busy tidying up my virtual host to make some room.
Not going to risk my office laptop just yet,the pain of redoing outlook...eish

Installed from ISO on another partition on hard drive.

Rejecting my Win 7 product key though. Haven't found a solution yet

Installed from ISO on another partition on hard drive.

Rejecting my Win 7 product key though. Haven't found a solution yet

You have to do the windows upgrade first.. So it assigns a key to your hardware..

Lol @kimbo, i deletd the duplicate of your post at the same time as you
Except you deleted the 2nd one and i deleted the 1st one
So it was gone

I have just undeleted the first one

Geez am I glad I left windoze at version 3 - a Linux full upgrade takes me less than 20min.

Back