Aerotank Mega And Mini

I'm really not sure why Todd says the Mega has a tight airflow?

Like him I also was disappointed initially with the Mega but the day after setting it up the vapour production and flavour was excellent! I think it rates as good as the Nautilus. Not better... but as good.

What I don't like is the AFC... it's far too loose and it can change without you knowing and then you have to concentrate on getting it right again which I think is pretty doff.

EDIT: OK I have now seen the markings on the side so setting the airflow is a bit easier. Still have to concentrate but now I don't have to look into the hole while setting it.

The more I use the Mega the more I like it.

I wasn't gonna buy a mini but from what Todd says they are different so I may get one on my next order.

I would be interested to hear from everyone else on the two new Aerotanks!

Last edited:
Oh yes the filling of the new Aerotanks can be a pain with high VG juices. Don't know why they did that the way they did... silly.

OK finished watching Todd's review and he is raving... especially about the mini!

Thanks for all the feedback Rob, have yet to try these devices

Thanks for all the feedback Rob, have yet to try these devices

I can't wait to see a @Silver review on these! There is no question that the new coils make a HUGE difference and the quality of the vape is a massive improvement!

What power do you vape them at?

What power do you vape them at?

The Mega is on my MVP because I have been using the other devices for the juice test... it's set at 8 watts and the vapour production on pure VM Menthol Ice is pretty damn good and the flavour is outstanding.

There is something not 100% with the Mega however and I really don't know what it is.... when I first tried it the vapour production and flavour was not great... and I find I have to give it a few pulls before it really starts to perform? If I just grab it now and take a first drag it's useless... but if I take it and puff it a few times it shines!

Thanks Rob

Maybe 8 watts is too low, maybe you should try a bit higher and maybe then it will come to life sooner?

Maybe 8 watts is too low, maybe you should try a bit higher and maybe then it will come to life sooner?

Bingo! Hi Ho that seems to have solved the issue... now vaping it on 10,5 watts! I never use that much power on commercial tanks? That's solved the vapour production issue but I think the flavour is better at 8 watts... will play some more... OK so the coils need a bit more power to get operational it would seem?

been hitting the aero mega since i got it, im very happy with it, but its not the tank, its the coil, i slapped a new coil into my standard aero tank ans for me they vape the same.... maybe the mega has a slightly looser pull on max, but thats about it.....

Yes you need to press the fire button and hold it on while you take 3-4 puffs to get the full vapour production and flavour. The coils it seems need power.

Bingo! Hi Ho that seems to have solved the issue... now vaping it on 10,5 watts! I never use that much power on commercial tanks? That's solved the vapour production issue but I think the flavour is better at 8 watts... will play some more... OK so the coils need a bit more power to get operational it would seem?

I suspect that the dual coils may need a bit more energy to get going.

@Rob Fisher , The Mega has become my ADV, I am getting great VTF from my mega, I am finding I getting better VTF from the mega than my Nautilus. Had some concerns about the coils giving me burnt taste with some juices, but realized that if I turn the watts down for those juices then it is perfect. The capacity is perfect, I am getting more than a day of vaping out of my mega's. I love the look of the mega in both glass and SS tank.

I will say that I have become a fan boy of the Kanger Aero Tank Mega. IMO I don't find the filling any more of an issue than the original aero tank, so happy there. My only gripe about the Aero Tank Mega is the AFC can be bit lose and will lose it's setting, but a quick and easy adjustment and I am vaping happy.

As for firing and needing to give it a couple of primer pulls to get good vapor, can not say I have experienced that problem, and that may be down to my vapeing style, I double clutch my vape, first short drag and exhale through nose while then taking longer fuller drag which I then exhale through mouth.

Have not got a mini yet, but have got plans to get myself a mini or two to go with the spinner as as my back up device for the day or when I only need some thing smaller.

The mega looks awesome on most devices especially the SVD. :)

@Rob Fisher , The Mega has become my ADV, I am getting great VTF from my mega, I am finding I getting better VTF from the mega than my Nautilus. Had some concerns about the coils giving me burnt taste with some juices, but realized that if I turn the watts down for those juices then it is perfect. The capacity is perfect, I am getting more than a day of vaping out of my mega's. I love the look of the mega in both glass and SS tank.

I will say that I have become a fan boy of the Kanger Aero Tank Mega. IMO I don't find the filling any more of an issue than the original aero tank, so happy there. My only gripe about the Aero Tank Mega is the AFC can be bit lose and will lose it's setting, but a quick and easy adjustment and I am vaping happy.

As for firing and needing to give it a couple of primer pulls to get good vapor, can not say I have experienced that problem, and that may be down to my vapeing style, I double clutch my vape, first short drag and exhale through nose while then taking longer fuller drag which I then exhale through mouth.

Have not got a mini yet, but have got plans to get myself a mini or two to go with the spinner as as my back up device for the day or when I only need some thing smaller.

The mega looks awesome on most devices especially the SVD. :)

I guess the Double Clutch gets it going... and it does shine after giving it a kick start! I'm with you on the AFC being too loose!

I will have the Mini on Tuesday and will give it a whirl on the Spinner 2 when it arrives!

I have no hesitation in recommending the Aerotanks (and did just that for my mate in London because the Nautilus was out of stock)... I'm a bit of a juice hog so I prefer the Nautilus because it holds 5ml but the Aerotank looks so kewl... I would say it's a tie and down to personal preference. I do have some new coils that arrived yesterday and I need to see if they make a difference.

I would be more than happy with either device and am glad I have both. :rock:

I've tried most of the smaller tanks / evods / MPT 2's / Mpt 3's / Iclear 30's / CE4's /1453's .
I can safely with the new upgraded coils and the airflow amount from the mini , it's without a doubt the best tank I've used . Taste levels are great and very similar to the MPT3 , but the amount of vapour production with the increased airflow and new coil system are next level .

The build quality is excellent and the option of using the stainless or glass tank makes it a winning package.
The only down side is that with the new coils and the airflow , it's a very "loud" inhale and I seem to be going thru juice alot quicker .

One other minor thing I noticed was that the drip tip is one of the shortest I've used and when I was vaping at a higher voltage it did get a little warm .

Im on day 4 of using it as my ADV and it's still going strong with no noticeable degradation .

Thanks for the update @hyphen
Sounds like they made a great one.

I must just say that I'm really lucky with me Mini & Mega tanks in terms of the AFC's. On both of them I find the AFC very tight, so tight it feels like if I don't grip the actual AFC part properly, I will loosen the tank from the thread on my device.

Mini: I find that the flavour production is somewhat better then the Mega for some reason. I use the Mini for my special Juices as the tank capacity is minimal in comparison to other tanks. I have now learnt how to taste when the Juice is running low as the taste becomes a little burnt in a way. I find it has flavour & vapour production almost straight away with a new coil. I vape at a constant 10.0w and it seems to be sufficient. My overall verdict is its an awesome big hitter in all departments .

Mega: I find that you have to take a few pulls before it comes to life and agree with @Rob Fisher with that said it does also depend on the Juice I'm using. The vapour it produces is not at the same level as the Nautilus for me. For some strange reason I find that the Nautilus does not go through juice as quick as the Mega doeso_O I know there is a difference in tank size.

I must still use each tank(Mega & Nautilus) a day to get a full comparison but for me the Nautilus still seems better then the Mega so far.

Thanks for sharing your views @Darth_V@PER
Very interesting
The more people share their views the more others can get a feel for what's the general feeling about a new product.

Great stuff @Darth_V@PER
I think if you are comparing the Aerotank to the Nautilus, its not really hijacking this thread.
This thread is after all talking about the new Aerotanks - and how better to talk about it than to compare it to something that many people may already have and know well.

OK we have a Vision Spinner 2 and a little Aerotank Mini in front of a few very distinguished leaders in the vaping community behind it.

I have to say WOW! This is one very sweet setup! The Aerotank Mega was and is a bit of a disappointment to me and only really performs if you are double clutching it and firing it at higher power settings than you are used to...

For someone with less than perfect eyesight the set up is a little hard to read both for the Vision battery voltage setting and the air flow control on the Aerotank Mini... but the value for money is just outstanding! I'm vaping the set up at 4,8 volts and the Menthol Ice flavour in the Mini is really good!

The Aerotank Mini is a mighty fine tank! I nearly didn't even buy one after my disappointment of the Mega but in my humble opinion they are completely different tanks despite sharing the same name! The best flavour I have had from a little tank! 5 out of 5 for this little powerhouse!

VVVMail5.jpg

Bottom line is that there is no doubt that this is the best starter kit around!

Thanks Rob! Reading that gave me the guys to ramp up the voltage on my mPT3. I wonder if there's a current limit to the VS2? At 4.3V with the 1.5ohm coil, we're seeing almost 2.9A being pulled. I wonder if the VS2 is happy on 4.8V, cause it'd be pushing out almost 15W?

Back