Aerotank Mega And Mini

I wonder if the VS2 is happy on 4.8V, cause it'd be pushing out almost 15W?

This answer is too technical for me to answer Mike. But I figure it goes up to 4,8V and there is no doubt that plenty of mPT3 and Aerotank Mini's would be put on it so my guess is that should should handle it no problem. But let's hear from some of the electronics experts.

double-clutching, that's bad news, puts me off i really need a bigger tank. oh well, i've got an iClear X.I coming, maybe that'll satisfy.

Cool. Sorry man I'm just curious. After doing research and mech mods etc today, I wonder if maybe setting it up to 4.8V hits some sort of limiter or something.

Would be nice to know either way :)

double-clutching, that's bad news, puts me off i really need a bigger tank. oh well, i've got an iClear X.I coming, maybe that'll satisfy.

I'm the wrong person to ask about the X.1 because I hated the tank but think I got some really dud coils with mine and I gave it away real quick.

I still think the Aspire Nautilus is the best big tank! But let me give the Mega a fair shake and fit it onto my Sigelei 20W at 8 watts and see how she performs.... Yip same story... but once you take a few puffs on the Mega (and get it going) the flavour and vapour production is very good indeed...

Yip there is no doubt the mini is a winner and the Mega has a design fault or something... I really want the flavour from the first puff and the Mega doesn't do that and the mini certainly does!

OK we have a Vision Spinner 2 and a little Aerotank Mini in front of a few very distinguished leaders in the vaping community behind it.

I have to say WOW! This is one very sweet setup! The Aerotank Mega was and is a bit of a disappointment to me and only really performs if you are double clutching it and firing it at higher power settings than you are used to...

For someone with less than perfect eyesight the set up is a little hard to read both for the Vision battery voltage setting and the air flow control on the Aerotank Mini... but the value for money is just outstanding! I'm vaping the set up at 4,8 volts and the Menthol Ice flavour in the Mini is really good!

The Aerotank Mini is a mighty fine tank! I nearly didn't even buy one after my disappointment of the Mega but in my humble opinion they are completely different tanks despite sharing the same name! The best flavour I have had from a little tank! 5 out of 5 for this little powerhouse!

View attachment 6141

Bottom line is that there is no doubt that this is the best starter kit around!
Thanks Rob, mine is on the way. Did you use the 1.5 ohm coil in there? Agree, that is an awesome setup to start with and is my recommendation to all my potential converts. Either on the Spinner 2 (for the best look) or on the MVP for staying power.

Thanks Rob! Reading that gave me the guys to ramp up the voltage on my mPT3. I wonder if there's a current limit to the VS2? At 4.3V with the 1.5ohm coil, we're seeing almost 2.9A being pulled. I wonder if the VS2 is happy on 4.8V, cause it'd be pushing out almost 15W?
The manufacturer does not disclose the Amp limit. Some say 2.5, some say 3.0. My guess on the Spinner 2 would be 3.0A - maybe the tech wizards have a way to determine it? I have had no ill effect pushing 4.8 V on the Spinner 2 with the mPT3 with 1.5 ohm coil.

The manufacturer does not disclose the Amp limit. Some say 2.5, some say 3.0. My guess on the Spinner 2 would be 3.0A - maybe the tech wizards have a way to determine it? I have had no ill effect pushing 4.8 V on the Spinner 2 with the mPT3 with 1.5 ohm coil.

They all have current limiting build in to protect the battery against accidental short circuits, at what amps I don't know but can easily be measured with a multimeter.

They all have current limiting build in to protect the battery against accidental short circuits, at what amps I don't know but can easily be measured with a multimeter.
Great, thanks. Now we need someone with a multimeter to do this on the Spinner 2!

Thanks Rob, mine is on the way. Did you use the 1.5 ohm coil in there? Agree, that is an awesome setup to start with and is my recommendation to all my potential converts. Either on the Spinner 2 (for the best look) or on the MVP for staying power.

Yip Spinner 2 or MVP! Either would be just sweet. Both my coils that came with it are 1,5 Ohm... I see my replacement coils are 2 Ohm.

Got my Mini Aerotank, but cannot use it yet. Have to give classes to a convert tomorrow.

I like my aero mega. But must admit that with the same coil in my mPT3 I get a better VTF. I was using the mPT3 today as it was tank cleaning day today.

But I dont mind double clutching as I basically chain vape anyways. Lol

Just got my self a mini yesterday, but have not had a chance to fill it and vape on it, but will soon, so no comment on the mini yet.

As for the Mega, I am loving it, I have no problems with flavor and vapor, even throat hit is great, from the first drag.

Doing a side by side comparison of the mega and the nautilus, with the same juice in both tanks,

The mega has a stock 1.5ohm coil in and the nautilus has a stock 1.8ohm coil in.

For flavor the mega is giving me way better flavor than the nautilus, for throat hit here again the mega is hitting harder than the nautilus. For vapor, here I will give them equal scoreing.

The only function where I prefer the nautilus is with AFC, nautilus AFC is better more secure dial, the air flow on the mega is loser than the nautilus at full open, so the mega at full open is to loose for me, here I prefer the nautilus air flow.

As for capacity, yes the nautilus is bigger, so get more vape time from the nautilus, the mega still gives me a full days vape time, e.g. my work day vaping, I go through about 1/2 a tank in a work day.

Glass vs SS tank, well here I love both in either config, as I have both options for both tanks, so no compare on this point.

My verdict, I prefer the mega, to me I am getting better flavor and throat hit form it than the nautilus. Both are in my rotation, but my ADV at this time is the Mega.

Just a brief summerised compare of the big tanks.

My verdict, I prefer the mega, to me I am getting better flavor and throat hit form it than the nautilus. Both are in my rotation, but my ADV at this time is the Mega.

Nice review there @Wayne! Do you not have an issue with the Mega taking a puff or two to get going? I really have to give it horns to get it operational... and I mean press the fire button and hold it in while taking 3-4 big puffs? When it get going it great.

I'm really going to try another coil (from the new stock I got) because I have had the same issue with the stock 2 coils it came with.

I thought I would like the metal tanks (Mega, Mini and Nautilus) but I have to admit I prefer seeing the liquid... but if I was going out with them I would put the full metal tank on.

I really do not have any issues with getting it going, I get full flavor and fapor from first draw.

I did change to the lower 1.5 ohm stock coil, and I noticed a big difference in the performance.

I really do not have any issues with getting it going, I get full flavor and fapor from first draw.

I did change to the lower 1.5 ohm stock coil, and I noticed a big difference in the performance.

Yip those are the ones I'm using. :(

Just got my self a mini yesterday, but have not had a chance to fill it and vape on it, but will soon, so no comment on the mini yet.

As for the Mega, I am loving it, I have no problems with flavor and vapor, even throat hit is great, from the first drag.

Doing a side by side comparison of the mega and the nautilus, with the same juice in both tanks,

The mega has a stock 1.5ohm coil in and the nautilus has a stock 1.8ohm coil in.

For flavor the mega is giving me way better flavor than the nautilus, for throat hit here again the mega is hitting harder than the nautilus. For vapor, here I will give them equal scoreing.

The only function where I prefer the nautilus is with AFC, nautilus AFC is better more secure dial, the air flow on the mega is loser than the nautilus at full open, so the mega at full open is to loose for me, here I prefer the nautilus air flow.

As for capacity, yes the nautilus is bigger, so get more vape time from the nautilus, the mega still gives me a full days vape time, e.g. my work day vaping, I go through about 1/2 a tank in a work day.

Glass vs SS tank, well here I love both in either config, as I have both options for both tanks, so no compare on this point.

Just a brief summerised compare of the big tanks.

Great informative comparison @Wayne
Thanks

Just a question, were you vaping the two tanks at the same power?

I have 2 of the Mini aerotanks and they are great! Would love to try a 1.2ohm coil in there.
As for setup, I had it on a Spinner but it did not look right. I'm ashamed to say I now have it mounted on my Twisp batteries. Nice and compact and it fits inside any pocket while I'm at work. The Reo stays at home during the day.

uhu8ybyh.jpg

Back