All Things Reo

Hi @Gert_Koen
I was an exclusive mouth to lung vaper for a long time until i started dabbling with lung hits and was persuaded by my fellow vaper and Reonaut @Alex to go with lung hits

I am now about 50/50 mouth to lung versus lung hit. I enjoy them both for different reasons and both satisfy me depending on what i need.

In the mornings, i need a mild MTL - i use the Evod1, dont laugh
For a strong tobacco hit, its the RM2 with a good tobacco (eg Blackbird or HHV juices)
For mindless vaping at the computer, i like the restrictive low power lung hit on the Lemo1 (not very juice hungry)
For more volume and satisfaction its the Nuppins on the Reos in full lung hit mode. But you are right this goes through juice quickly.

I share your frustration that lung hits typically use way more juice and one usually needs much lower nic. My juice consumption has more than doubled since i started including lung hits.

I always have two mouth to lung devices at hand with strong 18mg juice in them. My "tobacco Reo" has the RM2 and mostly Blackbird or another hard hitting tobacco in there.

My Nuppins usually have a mentholated fruit. And at lower nic, around 9 or 12mg.

So every now and then I need a strong hit and I take a few mouth to lung hits on the Blackbird and that limits the amount of lung hits I need. So its a balance. Interestingly, i dont like the lung hit with the tobaccoes when I feel the need for a strong concentrated hit.

If i was just lung hitting low nic i would be using WAY more juice.

What I also do with the lung hit juice is buy local 18mg and dilute it down to about 9mg. This makes it cheaper and with the right juice there is not too much flavour loss. I also occasionally do some basic DIY which helps too.

Hopefully this can help you.
Thank you for the advice @Silver

Sent using a telegraph

@Gert_Koen from my personal experience, I got into DIY because of the changes in my vape style.

With the easy vaping that is the REO, I vape 10ml a day without trying to vape a lot.

Also low milligrams nic. But I can't go to mouth-to-lung on higher mlg because dual mouth to lung is exactly the way I like it now.

So, either get a few DIY juices going for your all day vaping juices, or wait till the juice makers catch a wake up.

They are starting to get that we consume high amounts of liquid on our current setups - look at Muffin Man for example, but I think it will take a while longer before they realise 30ml at $22 is not quenching the thirst.

So until then, seriously, try get a few DIY juices going... and vape the way you want.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Gert_Koen from my personal experience, I got into DIY because of the changes in my vape style.

With the easy vaping that is the REO, I vape 10ml a day without trying to vape a lot.

Also low milligrams nic. But I can't go to mouth-to-lung on higher mlg because dual mouth to lung is exactly the way I like it now.

So, either get a few DIY juices going for your all day vaping juices, or wait till the juice makers catch a wake up.

They are starting to get that we consume high amounts of liquid on our current setups - look at Muffin Man for example, but I think it will take a while longer before they realise 30ml at $22 is not quenching the thirst.

So until then, seriously, try get a few DIY juices going... and vape the way you want.

I have a friend wich has quite the touch for juice making and I actually suggested I would pay for half the Diy stuff that he needs to makes us lekker juice..Im on my 3rd or 4th Grand Reo bottle fill for the day!

Sent using a telegraph

I have a friend wich has quite the touch for juice making and I actually suggested I would pay for half the Diy stuff that he needs to makes us lekker juice..Im on my 3rd or 4th Grand Reo bottle fill for the day!

Sent using a telegraph

Thats it man. Get some lekker DIY stuff going to fill the gap. And save the "good stuff" for when you relaxing.

At this point, my all day vape is a cheap but nice Banana/ Pear Coconut Mint/Menthol mix that costs me around R1 per mil. Its nice, not the best, but it keeps my nic levels happy :)

Last edited:
Thats it man. Get some lekker DIY stuff going to fill the gap. And save the "good stuff" for when you relaxing.

At this point, my all day vape is a cheap but nice Banana/ Pear Coconut Mint/Menthol mix that costs me around R1 per mil. Its nice, not the best, but it keeps my nic level happy :)
Thats my aim R1 a ml and not feel guilty!Shaw quite a interesting mix up you got going there

Sent using a telegraph

My :2c: on the matter.
I was going through about 40ml a day on tanks 6mg.

When I moved to a reo 6mg makes me buzz like a fridge.
I'm down to 3mg but I'm going through 2 6ml reo bottles a day. I can't explain the drop in consumption except I exclusively use reos now.

I do occasionally feel I need a big buzz and use a a non bf dripper on a 150w mod with 6mg to give me a kick.

Also I rarely buy pre made juice these days for the following reasons.
1. It's crap expensive.
2. It tastes horrible and it was crap expensive for a cuboard space jogger.

I diy all my juice at about R1 a ml and I get to have flavours that I like and enjoy.

Also weird and strong flavours usually onset cluster migrane headaches for me.

If you look at diy please look into getting a sweeter for dessert style flavours and a sour for fruit style flavours.

Thats my aim R1 a ml and not feel guilty!Shaw quite a interesting mix up you got going there

Sent using a telegraph

Ya its fairly simple getting a "pleasant" mix going by sticking with flavours you like. Its the reaaallly good juices that are difficult to get right. But like you say, I don't need to feel guilty about my own personal habit.

I could easily spend R2000 a month on juice - NO THANK YOU.

Reo dual cell Box mod!
5100mah and 45 amps at my disposal.
Running Dual 0.3 ohm build in Goliath v2.
All part used authentic Reo..
Reo has not been altered as in holes drilled etc.
You either going to love or hate it!And me for putting a Tank on a Reo..
1a457c3d3a6ec25d424786b85ab29dd8.jpg

Sent using a telegraph

:HERPDERPY:

Some 3wks ago, after a pit stop, a magnet fell out of my Reo door, with out cleaning the hole properly I went ahead and QBond the magnet back in the hole only to have it sticking out a tad :hit:

Now this magnet will not budge, no matter how much heat or acetone I throw at it. :OMGRAGE:

:SHUTUPIKILLYOU: So now my last resort is to drill the ***** out lol

So if you're going to replace a magnet, be sure to clean the old adhesive from the hole beforehand.

Some 3wks ago, after a pit stop, a magnet fell out of my Reo door, with out cleaning the hole properly I went ahead and QBond the magnet back in the hole only to have it sticking out a tad :hit:

Now this magnet will not budge, no matter how much heat or acetone I throw at it. :OMGRAGE:

So if you're going to replace a magnet, be sure to clean the old adhesive from the hole beforehand.
Can one not file the magnet down?

I've tried that in the past with no real success. Heating it with a blowtorch above 900°C to 1000°C will cause it to permanently lose its magnetism this is called it's Curie Temperature.

Oh crap I lost a magnet too.

I actually heard something drop, at the mall parking lot. Had the Reo in hand, and thought, well it can't be from the Reo lol

I've tried that in the past with no real success. Heating it with a blowtorch above 900°C to 1000°C will cause it to permanently lose its magnetism this is called it's Curie Temperature.

I tried filing it down tonight but stopped because the magnet has already lost 95% of its magnetism from heating it up with a soldering iron.

I tried filing it down tonight but stopped because the magnet has already lost 95% of its magnetism from heating it up with a soldering iron.
I think I read somewhere that it actually is very easy drilling it out as it will quickly crumble once you have gotten past the outer part. Then you can just scrape it out.

Oh no @DoubleD
That is terrible news about your magnet
Sorry man

I had to replace two magnets about 4 months ago. I did clean the hole first, but there wasnt much adhesive in there at all. Maybe thats why it fell out.

Your situation would make me really upset

Maybe there is some way else that can work. I just dont know myself

Been through that. You have to be super carefull drilling the magnet on the door. The material under the magnet is the thickness off a ballhair. Just a bit to far down and you punch a proud point out on the front of the door. Use a drillpress with an accurate stop. You need to get all the way through the magnet to get it to crumble.

@DoubleD, when you do get it out you should rather try using a 5 minute epoxy instead of superglue.

edit. One thing that eventually worked for me... holding the bottom of the door - swing it down flat like a hammer onto the edge of the kitchen sink a few times.

Thanks guys, as soon as I get to a drill press I'm sure it will come out easily, @Gazzacpt thank you for the heads up, I eye balled the door to be 1.5mm where as we know the magnet is 1mm o_O so ya not much room for error.
I hope the drilling action will twist the magnet loose before I even get through it, maybe a drop or 2 of acetone while drilling will help things along.
Wish I had a Dremel press, that would've been perfect for the job:nod:

@Alex I think I might just go the epoxy route this time, that way I still have time to get it into position, that Qbond is awesome but you need to be snappy when working with it.

Thanks guys, as soon as I get to a drill press I'm sure it will come out easily, @Gazzacpt thank you for the heads up, I eye balled the door to be 1.5mm where as we know the magnet is 1mm o_O so ya not much room for error.
I hope the drilling action will twist the magnet loose before I even get through it, maybe a drop or 2 of acetone while drilling will help things along.

@Alex I think I might just go the epoxy route this time, that way I still have time to get it into position, that Qbond is awesome but you need to be snappy when working with it.

The Q-bond stuff is a nightmare to work with in this situation, also got the T-shirt :D

The Q-bond stuff is a nightmare to work with in this situation, also got the T-shirt :D
I've glued myself to so many things with Q-bond. Its still an integral part of my toolbox though. Fixes just about anything from dropped fridge magnets to motorcycle fairings and broken radiators in a pinch.

I've glued myself to so many things with Q-bond. Its still an integral part of my toolbox though. Fixes just about anything from dropped fridge magnets to motorcycle fairings and broken radiators in a pinch.

It's really good for paper cuts

Drilling neo magnets with a small HSS bit isn't easy,if you can,try and centre drill it first.I had to get one out and used a slot drill.
I use super glue to bond magnets in the mods I make.The only really successful glue I've tried has been the gel,I've tried four brands of the runny stuff and none worked well.

A tip for anyone who gets fingers stuck together (like me) when gluing the tiny magnets.Lay a piece of masking tape (sticky side up) over the magnets in the Reo body place the new magnet over the one which will oppose it when fitted in the door,the magnet will stick to the tape.Lift up the tape and then glue the magnet in the door before removing the tape.Also helps in making sure you get the magnet fitted the right way.Before I did this I put one in the wrong way and thats why I know its a pain to get out!

A tip for anyone who gets fingers stuck together (like me) when gluing the tiny magnets.Lay a piece of masking tape (sticky side up) over the magnets in the Reo body place the new magnet over the one which will oppose it when fitted in the door,the magnet will stick to the tape.Lift up the tape and then glue the magnet in the door before removing the tape.Also helps in making sure you get the magnet fitted the right way.Before I did this I put one in the wrong way and thats why I know its a pain to get out!
Morning @Genosmate i did the magnet the wrong side up thing and it was a mission to get out. A wile back @Silver was about to do his magnet and i gave him this advice: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/reo-mail.t1536/page-84#post-197491

Just did my coil build on my Radius atty.
28 Kanthal, 6wraps, 2.5mm 0.54 ohm. It rocks. Awsome wape. Exatly what I want. The best Ashy Bac by far. Thanks for your support and guidance Andre. Reo's RockDSC_0237.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0236.JPG
    DSC_0236.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 24
Back