Battle Of The Box Mods(with Attys)!

@VapeSnow I am at my dayjob in Foreshore CTN during business hours and you are welcome to arrange a time with me and come through to test my Reo. Remember to bring along any questions about the Reo you might have and I will be happy to answer ;-)

I would like to reiterate everything @Andre, @Alex and Hi Ho @Silver said!

Especially the part about loving gadgets and never thinking a "dumb" device would end up being my device of choice! :eek:

Great!:mad: Thanks to @Silver for that last post, I now need a Reo i my life:-D I haven't even finished my order yet and you guys 'sell' me another device! Watkine?! At least now my first order of vape gear is going to be an epic arsenal muhahaha8--)

Last edited:
Great post this, and thanks to @Alex , @Andre and @Silver for your points on the Reo. It has raised more questions about Mechs in general and Reo's in particular for me though. A Reo (and other expensive Mech's) to me is currently a bit like a Harley - difficult to relate the value of what you get to the asking price :p I'll have to compose a post of relevant questions in the correct place when I have the time.

Great post this, and thanks to @Alex , @Andre and @Silver for your points on the Reo. It has raised more questions about Mechs in general and Reo's in particular for me though. A Reo (and other expensive Mech's) to me is currently a bit like a Harley - difficult to relate the value of what you get to the asking price :p I'll have to compose a post of relevant questions in the correct place when I have the time.

Hi @360twin , thanks for the feedback

I hear yon on the Harley comparison, LoL

But in the REO's defence, its actually not very expensive for original equipment.
Say you get a Nautilus Mini and a SVD and 5 spare coils, youre looking at around R1300 or so
A REO is about R2,300 for the basic setup.

If one compared to an original Kayfun and say an original mech, the pricing is similar, the REO may even be cheaper ;-)

Chesterton is the best,
No Camel,
Are you crazy? Real men smoke Winston!
I don't care, I smoke BB and roll my own.

A REO is about R2,300 for the basic setup.

Yes, I was a bit surprised at this. When I first looked they were coming in at around R3 500, but that was getting one direct from the USA or even Europe. When I saw the Woodvil Rob was selling I was really tempted, particularly at the price (oooh, pretty!). Trouble is, I've never dripped (that doesn't sound right!) or used a Mech, so it would've been a really uninformed decision.

It might be a good idea if the local retailer could arrange a 'demo' unit that could travel around to potential buyers, in order to have a day or two's first-hand experience. I wouldn't mind paying say R200 or so to cover rental, courier services and insurance for the privilege - have you considered something like this @Chop007 ?

Yes, I was a bit surprised at this. When I first looked they were coming in at around R3 500, but that was getting one direct from the USA or even Europe. When I saw the Woodvil Rob was selling I was really tempted, particularly at the price (oooh, pretty!). Trouble is, I've never dripped (that doesn't sound right!) or used a Mech, so it would've been a really uninformed decision.

It might be a good idea if the local retailer could arrange a 'demo' unit that could travel around to potential buyers, in order to have a day or two's first-hand experience. I wouldn't mind paying say R200 or so to cover rental, courier services and insurance for the privilege - have you considered something like this @Chop007 ?
Awesome idea, unfortunately it is a no ways, from the boss. You can however pop around anytime to our store and we have one here that is always on hand to demonstrate the awesomeness.

... You can however pop around anytime to our store ...
That unfortunately would cost me more than the device :p Pity you don't have a branch up here in GP, but thanks for the reply. Did he/she perhaps mention why - it seems to be a sure-fire way to increase sales? Too much hassle?

That unfortunately would cost me more than the device :p Pity you don't have a branch up here in GP, but thanks for the reply. Did he/she perhaps mention why - it seems to be a sure-fire way to increase sales? Too much hassle?
No, not too much hassle, we would rather prefer to get folks in store. A branch in GP is an excellent idea and we are on it. I wish I could do that and I would gladly, but the Reo is an expensive device. I would not trust anyone with my girlfriend, even if she was just accompanying a friend to his matric dance. It is like that with Reo as well. Your idea is excellent however and given some time I am sure we will implement something along those lines. But at this very moment in time, all I got was a 'No-Ways'. I will keep working on it and get back to you should we eventually get a thing like that going. Maybe we should have something similar to the 'Taste-Box', except with devices?

Each company could place various devices in a box and then send it around the country. Wonder if any other vendors may be interested? Maybe if we all took the risk to benifit you legend vapers, it would be more pulpable to the bosses? I don't yet know, excellent idea, lets see where this goes.

No, not too much hassle, we would rather prefer to get folks in store. A branch in GP is an excellent idea and we are on it. I wish I could do that and I would gladly, but the Reo is an expensive device. I would not trust anyone with my girlfriend, even if she was just accompanying a friend to his matric dance. It is like that with Reo as well. Your idea is excellent however and given some time I am sure we will implement something along those lines. But at this very moment in time, all I got was a 'No-Ways'. I will keep working on it and get back to you should we eventually get a thing like that going. Maybe we should have something similar to the 'Taste-Box', except with devices?

Each company could place various devices in a box and then send it around the country. Wonder if any other vendors may be interested? Maybe if we all took the risk to benifit you legend vapers, it would be more pulpable to the bosses? I don't yet know, excellent idea, lets see where this goes.
This was discussed a few times, but too many risks. I also agree with your boss re the Reo.

Hi @360twin

Come to the next JHB Vape Meet on the 30th - you are bound to find many a REO there - and you will no doubt be able to take a test drive ;-)

Pending if I'm actually here or not. I'll have Kazumi with me. You'll be welcome to give it a try. Just be sure to bring a drip tip along to test her with. ;)

Back