Builds for Coil Master Medal

View attachment 77790

Can I pleeeease have a medal?

Hi @smilelykumeenit

I am not the sole decision maker on the medal. There are other guys in the team who are far more experienced at building coils than I am.

As i said to you at the vape meet, we are a team and we have been extremely busy with various initiatives so we havent gotten round to evaluating this (and many other things).

So as some of you lovely gentleman and ladies will know I fabricated my own clappie coil last Friday for the first time , so being bored i attempted a fused one on Saturday and installed it on Sunday morning

1) Before wicking, pulsing and obviously fixing that Grand Canyon gap
1DEC8350-C06D-4A4C-8540-98D77E6E09A6.png
2) Pulsed, Grand Canyon filled and wicked
DF157D2E-D03A-41E1-9C27-9CD8CAD6F7AE.png
3) Additional photos covering pulsing, coil before installation and wire before it got the wrapping treatment
B4E9B5D4-D104-4012-B701-9B75C278381A.png
C2DD737F-E1B9-433A-8BFC-620757C4E03A.png
A00B8F56-C5AD-4BBA-B03A-D30427BB7B68.png

4) I solemnly swear I made this wire myself and may I be plagued by one billion dry hits if I am not telling the truth

5) Material: 28g SS316L wire x2
36g NI80

ID: 3mm
Wrap count: 6 (aiming for high R)

Resistance: 0.45 post firing

Vape experience: Good flavour and clouds but damn this built is thirsty

Last edited:
Hellloooooo allll ive been building for a while now after i was inspired. By oom @KZOR

So today i think i made the perfect set of fuzed claptons for mech squonker's(for me that is)

I was trying and trying to get this right for many a day and many a night with blood sweat and tears and @ last i think i have it to perfection.

Ime not a big fan of exotic coilz as i dont like high wattage vapeing.

And hopefully these may get me this coil master medal.

So after useing 5x32 Ni 80 (core) and wraped it with 40ga Ni 80 the ohms came out to high for my likes on a mech squonker so i played around with diffrent cores for many many weeks but to no avail.

So today i saw my 40Ga was allmost finished and i had a full spool of the 32Ga Ni80.So i said lets give it a go.

So i took 4x32ga Ni80 and Claptonaited it with......get ready.......32Ga Ni80 lol and oh my what came to be will be my adv wire for years to come.......

Number of coils:2 (DUAL)
Inner Diameter :2.5mm
Ohms:0.25
Cotton used: cotton bacon v2(it was on special lol)
Airomizer used: Goon 1.5
Mod used: PHANTOHM squonker

I also swear and promise the wire was made by me and not bought or comes from any other sorce but my own 2 hands.

Attachments

• 20171125_122023.jpg
    20171125_122023.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20171125_122039.jpg
    20171125_122039.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20171125_173633.jpg
    20171125_173633.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 56
  • 20171125_173710.jpg
    20171125_173710.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Sounds great and looks awesome! Congrats, will have to try something like this as well, wire for tasting me thinks, as I also do not do high wattage.:campeon:

Hellloooooo allll ive been building for a while now after i was inspired. By oom @KZOR

So today i think i made the perfect set of fuzed claptons for mech squonker's(for me that is)

I was trying and trying to get this right for many a day and many a night with blood sweat and tears and @ last i think i have it to perfection.

So after useing 5x32 Ni 80 (core) and wraped it with 40ga Ni 80 the ohms came out to high for my likes on a mech squonker so i played around with diffrent cores for many many weeks but to no avail.

So today i saw my 40Ga was allmost finished and i had a full spool of the 32Ga Ni80.So i said lets give it a go.

So i took 4x32ga Ni80 and Claptonaited it with......get ready.......32Ga Ni80 lol and oh my what came to be will be my adv wire for years to come.......

I also swear and promise the wire was made by me and not bought or comes from any other sorce but my own 2 hands.
Looks great @Cor. Well done.

You got my vote. The only fancy coils i can make is by stopping at Vape King and buying the premade one

Sunday build day:
Still experimenting with the serpent but getting close to the flavour people rave about

1) After pulsing and hotspot termination
75FCA68D-A2AE-4B68-802F-1B668517BE68.jpeg

2) Post wicking
CBEC43D6-9D46-4812-A95F-E44F8EABC2D4.jpeg
BCC67AF0-5196-413A-B60D-EEBD891850E8.jpeg
3) Installed with leads on top (experimenting with gap between coil and air outlet .. can maybe park an atom between the two) 7E64C97A-454C-4DE0-B6A9-FABDC28EFD02.jpeg
Wrapping, coiling, winding... pick your term 53DA5149-A591-40D7-8A9D-AC69E26A5DBA.jpeg
Close up before clamping this sucker down6D2C9934-9AAB-4F4D-AC5B-02E71B074D38.png
Pulse baby pulse 296A8E7B-7298-4025-888B-CA9E45D949EF.jpeg

4) Once again may a billion dry hits strike me if I did not fabricate this wire myself

5) 26g Nichrome core with 36g Nichrome sleeve

3mm ID

0,55 Resistance

Vape experience.... not too shabby decently warm and very dense vape, flavour is good but I feel with some tweaking it’ll shine

Guys, please keep in mind that building a single clapton or other exotic coil won't get you a medal. We need some variety from the builders before we can make a decision. Also, please try to take clear, well focused and close-up pictures so we can see your work well. Impress the team, and you'll get your medal :)

based on the last comment by @zadiac,
and in compliance with forum rules (@Silver these are not for sale),
here is a build for the admins' consideration!
a medal will look really good on my profile page :tiburon:

it is a 7 loop vertebraid in 40g, all Lightning Vapes N80.
the cores are made up of 2 30g frames and 4 ply 0.4mm ribbon.

IMG_8701-Edit.jpg

the pattern is made by moving the "active" loop through ALL the loops, and then OVER the cores, with 4 loops on one hand and 3 on the other.
think "index to pinky, all the way through, over, move fingers down, repeat" :SOOSICK:

this build takes a real long time to make, nearly 4 hours of steady work for roughly 20cm.
22mm OG Goon - 5 wraps on 3mm ID and it has settled on 0.13Ω in this dual configuration.
i am using it on my Petri Lite and it is delicious, dripping Kilo Birthday Cake, which i have had a bit of a love-hate relationship with, as the icing is very prominent and not ENYAWREKLAW Funfetti. i feel that this braided build tones the sweetness down and almost separates the flavours to allow the cake note to be enjoyed. so more love than hate : )

the vape is both airy and yet very dense. i can only liken this phenomenon to Italian hot chocolate or that San Benedetto ice tea. :zlumi:

i would like to recommend braiding to anyone wanting to make solid coils without the need to have finesse, like a tight alien.
the flavour is excellent, they are beautiful and they require only a clamp and some wire. i have attached a photo of the clamp i use for braiding. it was around R250 at Builder's Express and is good because it has the swivel-head so you can get your cores at a slight upward tilt, and the rubber cover on the jaws are easy on your wire. i will be making a how-to sometime soon, likely motivated by comments here :drive:

thanks for your time! enjoy the photos : )

Attachments

• IMG_8731-Edit.jpg
    IMG_8731-Edit.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8755-Edit.jpg
    IMG_8755-Edit.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8868.JPG
    IMG_8868.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 67

View attachment 129057

the pattern is made by moving the "active" loop through ALL the loops, and then OVER the cores, with 4 loops on one hand and 3 on the other.
think "index to pinky, all the way through, over, move fingers down, repeat" :SOOSICK:

this build takes a real long time to make, nearly 4 hours of steady work for roughly 20cm.
22mm OG Goon - 5 wraps on 3mm ID and it has settled on 0.13Ω in this dual configuration.
i am using it on my Petri Lite and it is delicious, dripping Kilo Birthday Cake, which i have had a bit of a love-hate relationship with, as the icing is very prominent and not ENYAWREKLAW Funfetti. i feel that this braided build tones the sweetness down and almost separates the flavours to allow the cake note to be enjoyed. so more love than hate : )

the vape is both airy and yet very dense. i can only liken this phenomenon to Italian hot chocolate or that San Benedetto ice tea. :zlumi:

i would like to recommend braiding to anyone wanting to make solid coils without the need to have finesse, like a tight alien.
the flavour is excellent, they are beautiful and they require only a clamp and some wire. i have attached a photo of the clamp i use for braiding. it was around R250 at Builder's Express and is good because it has the swivel-head so you can get your cores at a slight upward tilt, and the rubber cover on the jaws are easy on your wire. i will be making a how-to sometime soon, likely motivated by comments here :drive:

Give that man a medal oh my that lookz amazing:eek:

View attachment 129057

damn !

please give this man the medal he deserves

This coil I built with some Nikrothal wire, 4*26g alien with 36g.
5 wraps 3mm ID .19ohms
20180411_140630.jpg 20180411_141241.jpg

View attachment 129057

Jeeeeez that is some time spent!
Holy $h!t that is nice!

This is 4*29g alien with 36g Nikrothal 3mm ID 5 wraps .30ohms
20180415_202705.jpg 20180415_203058.jpg
This is 3*26g alien with 36g Nikrothal 3mm ID 5 wraps .19 ohms
20180415_203531.jpg 20180415_204132.jpg

Last edited:
Frame Staple Alien 6*.1x.4 ribbon kanthal a1 28g nicr 80 frames and alien with some 36g nicr 80
2018-04-22 18.31.17.jpg

View attachment 129057

Holy crap on a cracker!! Well done @smilelykumeenit this is a perfect example of the difference between a hobby and passion.

Back