Builds for Coil Master Medal

Here goes my first submission of many to come.

5 loop slentre braid.
28ga x 2 5 loop braid with 34ga all kidney puncher ni80 2.5mm+- 0.2 ohms:
Built only the one as my 34ga is finished.
The braid:
IMG_20180427_234621.jpg
The coil:
IMG-20180428-WA0002.jpg
Placed in dead rabit 24mm:IMG-20180428-WA0014.jpg
Wicked:IMG-20180428-WA0005.jpg

5 loop slentre braid.
The braid:
View attachment 130442
The coil:
View attachment 130443
Placed in dead rabit 24mm:View attachment 130444
Wicked:View attachment 130445
And here I was so chuffed with my build today. Lol. That's a stunning coil. 2am, still coiling....this place seems to be surrounded by rabbit holes.

5 loop slentre braid.
The braid:
View attachment 130442
The coil:
View attachment 130443
Placed in dead rabit 24mm:View attachment 130444
Wicked:View attachment 130445
And here I was so chuffed with my build today. Lol. That's a stunning coil. 2am, still coiling....this place seems to be surrounded by rabbit holes.

Here we go again:
They might be ugly but they took me 3hours to make so I am proud:
4 x 0.4mm x 0.1mm ribbon bordered with 28ga 5 loop braid 38ga 2.5mm+- 0.1ohms
Vape is great but unsure if it's worth the effort.
Pre burn:
IMG_20180505_025417.jpg
Wire shots:IMG_20180505_023948.jpg IMG_20180504_234835.jpg
Coils:
IMG_20180505_024310.jpg
Wicked:IMG_20180505_031254.jpg
Post burn:
IMG_20180505_030632.jpg
Another wire shot:
IMG_20180504_234720.jpg

As former smokers, one of the added benefits of vaping is the ability to diy. Whether it's making your own flavours, or modding your devices. Coil building is more than just creating a coil to vape on, the process is instrumental in helping to keep the hands occupied. This certainly played a huge roll in my life during the first months of vaping. I for one believe you have demonstrated this perfectly. Well done @Friep.

As former smokers, one of the added benefits of vaping is the ability to diy. Whether it's making your own flavours, or modding your devices. Coil building is more than just creating a coil to vape on, the process is instrumental in helping to keep the hands occupied. This certainly played a huge roll in my life during the first months of vaping. I for one believe you have demonstrated this perfectly. Well done @Friep.
Thank you really appreciate it.
I agree with you fully on this if it wasn't for the diy aspect and all the changes they bring about with your vaping experience I don't think I would have continued for so long. Tested the build with a juice I know well and I am getting different notes than usual so I am impressed.

Here is my cup of tee [USERGROUP=4]@Moderating[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=12]@Moderator[/USERGROUP]

This is my cup of tea.

Not only does @Friep put some massive hours into his coil makeing and he also does only diy juices some ive tasted killz eaven the most vape shop juices ive tasted he never boasts brags or anything his one of those guys who does his own thing without wanting to show off or make a fuss at all, he deserves this medal!!!!!

Last edited:
Here is my cup of tee g0g g1g

This is my cup of tea.

Not only does @Friep put some massive hours into his coil makeing and he also does only diy juices some ive tasted killz eaven the most vape shop juices ive tasted he never boasts brags or anything his one of those guys who does his own thing without wanting to ahow off or male a fuss if all he deserves this medal!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words @Cor really appreciate it.

I am not in a hurry this is a process and a learning experience for me. Eventually I will get there for now I am sharing what I am doing and if I can get more people braiding that would be great...

My last attempt was a few firsts for me first framed staple first braid with 38ga it's not the best I have some gaps in the braids and a few kinks just thought they belonged here because of the effort that went into them as kind of building a profile....

Here is my cup of tee g0g g1g

This is my cup of tea.

Not only does @Friep put some massive hours into his coil makeing and he also does only diy juices some ive tasted killz eaven the most vape shop juices ive tasted he never boasts brags or anything his one of those guys who does his own thing without wanting to ahow off or male a fuss if all he deserves this medal!!!!!

this is a medal for Coil Master. it wasn’t easy for me to get mine, and it shouldn’t be that easy for @Friep.

i’m all for building and i help pretty readily when tagged. these builds all need work before being submitted in this thread. and then there is the matter of making a variety of coil types.

[USERGROUP=12]@Moderator[/USERGROUP] can we look at making a checklist to qualify for this medal?

In a way i agree @smilelykumeenit but you being a seasoned builder and a vendor it should be a bit harder to earn.

But for a member like @Friep who only got into building more advance coilz a few months ago and allreaddy shows huge ammounts of tallent who controbutes to the forum who allways helps members where he can and allways willing to teach anyone anything to give them a edge i think he also deserves it he built aliens in a matter of weeks where i could not eaven do it in months he does braided coilz that i could not eaven master in all the years ive been trying my best to do it.

I also think the coilbuilder medal is not just about your skill in building coilz but so much more.

Thats my cup of tea and opinion. I also tried for the medal but i really suck hehehe

Guys, please dont turn this medal award thing into a fight about who deserves it and who doesnt.

Its a fun thing which we started off with many moons ago to try recognise those with talent who display it on the forum and take part in the spirit here.

Emphasis on the word "fun". Its not a certification of any sort, neither is it something definitive with checklists or anything like that.

Please see the medals for what they are. To help with the community spirit here on the forum.

@Silver @Alex for the other medals, i would agree. but the premise of this medal is that the winners are up to a level of skill where they can be “go-to” individuals for coil building.

@Cor, i agree with your jab that it should be harder for me to earn as vendor. however, i must challenge you and @Alex to look back to the second page of this thread and see my posts dated back to 2016 - quite some time before becoming a vendor.

the issue here for me is quality control which, when overlooked on a person-by-person basis, becomes a matter of fairness. @Dreadside @Smoke_A_Llama

Guys, please keep in mind that building a single clapton or other exotic coil won't get you a medal. We need some variety from the builders before we can make a decision. Also, please try to take clear, well focused and close-up pictures so we can see your work well. Impress the team, and you'll get your medal :)

@Silver @Alex for the other medals, i would agree. but the premise of this medal is that the winners are up to a level of skill where they can be “go-to” individuals for coil building.

@Cor, i agree with your jab that it should be harder for me to earn as vendor. however, i must challenge you and @Alex to look back to the second page of this thread and see my posts dated back to 2016 - quite some time before becoming a vendor.

the issue here for me is quality control which, when overlooked on a person-by-person basis, becomes a matter of fairness. @Dreadside @Smoke_A_Llama

Hi @smilelykumeenit , this thread was started by @Andre to make it easier for us as Admins and Mods to spot talent for coil building.

This is not a quality control thing. Its a fun thing. Please see it that way and in the spirit of the forum.

If you would like to take it up further, please feel free to PM us.

I am not one to get involved in these tipes of conversations the admin team's decision to award me the medal came as a surprise to me aswell I am extremely grateful for the award.

I am far from being a master but in a way I understand there decision: content wise: I contribute a lot to the dem builds thread every build I make goes in there from when I started building normal coils all the way to the atrocities I build now. I also have a thread about coils built by hand basically without the need for a drill. I also try and assist new builders eaven if it is just with a word of encouragement or by sharing a build that went wrong with them and just trying to motivate someone to keep on trying even when the going gets tough. A word of encouragement goes a long way and to know there are expert builders that also run into problems helps alot with motivation.

I understand that you feel offended and I am sorry for that last thing I wanted when trying for this was to get into a situation of who desirves it more. I started submitting here because my first braided coil around a core was the first build I felt might give me a shot. The last few I submitted because of reference sake.

I really hope that we can get over this and get back to the essence of the community helping other's and keeping people off the stinkies.

Last edited:

125446-ac5289a17b61109ad3187fe9cdcf76fb.jpg t125446-ac5289a17b61109ad3187fe9cdcf76fb.jpg 126930-ceea59db63caba274824d882aab4d929.jpg 126930-ceea59db63caba274824d882aab4d929.jpg

This took me all of 2 minutes to find. All done and submitted by @Friep
For interest sake, because maybe 1 day I'll try for a medal as well, do you have a specific number of different coils in mind before 1 can be considered? @smilelykumeenit

Attachments

• 126920-3d87ca63783cc11d8f0022cca355f569.jpg
    126920-3d87ca63783cc11d8f0022cca355f569.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 14
@Friep really got no problem with your medal! you should have a dedicated member medal too!

[USERGROUP=12]@Moderator[/USERGROUP] please give the other ppl who have posted here a medal. they also want to have fun.

@smilelykumeenit I'm not too sure about the reason for the tag (sinusitis has got my upper faculties on the ropes) :confused:

Yes many moons ago it was my dream to get the medal, after getting a clean and perfect clapton right after my first try followed by a fused clapton an hour later I did get a bit ahead of myself optimism wise hence my applications in this thread :)

Obviously I was disappointed when they didn't qualify but i couldn't disagree with the statement made by @Alex because well it makes sense and life ain't fair :-D

So decided to just make coils for fun because at the time I was unemployed and bored hence I just posted pictures ( various fused clapton's, fused clapton's with staging, tiger and maybe one or two others) in the "Dem Builds" thread and actually forgot about this thread (otherwise kippie over here would not of forgotten to take pictures of the framed staple I made for a buddy a month or two ago) and gave advice on one or two things I picked up along the way in other threads :) but due to working 12 hours a day, lack of wire, 2 atties and other interests coil making has fallen out of my schedule... c'est la vie

Some individuals might not know this but Mr @Friep will often sit late at night (10 - 2) practicing and making coils and no one can say that that alone is not commendable..

As a vaping community we shouldn't scoff at others achievements and rather build each other up :)

Back