Cotton Bacon V2 ... three words...

Coil building starts out giving you the fear of life, then starts getting easier, then fun, and eventually like reflinting a lighter, second nature.
This Bacon looks very interesting, all I'm concerned about is availability and cost.
We know Dischem has an endless supply of cotton, but the Bacon is only imported by a few, and no guarantee that they will always have stock.
If a pack lasts long enough between orders from the vendors who stock it, and works out cheap enough per wick and the durability of that wick, might be a winner for me :rock:

Like native wicks, I love but no body stocks it anymore :(

Based on the fact that my daughter with the outstanding palette picked up the fact that the one tank out 5 has a cotton derivative and she could taste the difference and prefered it I decided to try Cotton Bacon again... this time I used one of my Bellus's. A desert flavour like Milky Way does taste pretty good with the Cotton Bacon... let's see how it goes over a day or so.
Cotton Bacon 001.JPG

I changed to cotton bacon early on and I am very happy with it. It lasts about 3 days if you don't change juices and it is super easy to judge size and then just roll it.

Compared to the Kanger base cotton, I much prefer the bacon. Haven't tried any of the other fancy stuff yet.

I stopped using cotton bacon because of the initial taste.
I use fibre freaks #2 exclusively.

I stopped using cotton bacon because of the initial taste.
I use fibre freaks #2 exclusively.

Fibre Freaks is great (as it's pretty much Rayon) for the fruits and menthol... but I'm starting to understand that the cottons seem to be better with desert and other profile juices... so far I'm pretty happy with a cotton derivative for the first time ever with Milky Way. I'm a Rayon man through and through but maybe there is something to be said with cottons with some juices... time will tell.

Since buying my first packet of cotton bacon v2, I have been unable to use any other wick.

I find it to be completely flavourless. No fussy tastes or anything.

In comparison to jap cotton and rayon, bacon v2 seems to handle heat better and is less prone to burning.

It wicks really well. I find i get more toots off the wick vs Jap cotton.

I have not had any crazy dry hits from it either. Just before going completely dry, I notice reduced flavour and vapor, without any bad taste and will drip more at that stage.

Think it's time someone with say 2 x of any rta, rda, etc does a side by side rayon vs cotton bacon comparison? :)
Have to say been using the cotton bacon exclusive for a while now, it's pretty darned good

Think it's time someone with say 2 x of any rta, rda, etc does a side by side rayon vs cotton bacon comparison? :)
Have to say been using the cotton bacon exclusive for a while now, it's pretty darned good

Doing that right now with my 2 x Bellus! Rayon wins with Menthol... but Cotton Bacon wins with Milky Way!

There is only one wick that I use now, after trying and then retrying everything. Jap cotton in a Scottish Roll is what works best for me by miles. This wick transformed my humble RM2 into a kick ass RDA.

I still need to try this Cotton Bacon V2

Can confirm as many of you above have said
Rayon seems to give me crisper flavour and i prefer it for the fruity menthols
But for my tobaccoes i still prefer cotton (either Dischem organic cotton balls or Koh Gen Doh)

However, (dont laugh) but for Berry Blaze menthol there is something so special about how the humble Evod1 renders its taste with its simple silica based stock 1.8 ohm coils.

Tried a lot; from the mediocre 'whatever' in the CE5's and Geni tanks to bamboo yarn (for those that can remember - @Andre got us all hyped on it), stainless steel mesh, stainless steel cable etc. And the only stuff I still use and trust are Ekowool and Ceramic (courtesy of @Andrest and sometime later @Rob Fisher - still got a couple of mm's left - worth more than gold today). Occasionally I will use Rayon in a quick ugly coil, but only for a muted desert juice.

Last edited:
Tried a lot; from the mediocre 'whatever' in the CE5's and Geni tanks to bamboo yarn (for those that can remember - @Andre got us all hyped on it), stainless steel mesh, stainless steel cable etc. And the only stuff I still use and trust are Ekowool and Ceramic (still got a couple of mm's left - worth more than gold). Occasionally I will use Rayon in a quick ugly coil, but only for a muted desert juice.

Lol @johan, i remember the bamboo yarn phase clearly. I still have a piece in my wick box.
Lol, apparently the lady at the company we bought it from couldnt believe all these people phoning to buy it

Back