Cotton vs Rayon vs Jap Cotton

I've used all the above wicks and for me rayon is my go to cloud blower. Jap cotton has the best taste it just makes it smoother and yummy in comparison. I don't bother with normal cotton any more it is just bleh, like the way it tastes of cotton for the first 10-15 hits.

Japanese cotton for the win for me. It's just so goddamn tasty and lasts for ages :)

In my own tests thus far, Japanese cotton is coming out ahead of all else. The Rayon and rayon/hybrid do perform very well too. But I find the KGD excels with regard to flavour, and wicking. An added benefit is the ease at getting almost identical wicks for dual coil applications.

Do you know if KGD is definitely better than the other Japanese Organic Cotton being sold here?

I'll also throw my hat in the Jap cotton ring for now (but I've yet to wrangle the Rayon)...only been vaping on it for a day and the improvement over organic cotton is remarkable...from the very first drag/puff/hit just full on flavour :rock:

I have a issue with rayon at the moment when i use it in a low build 0.2 or 0.35 i get a really bad taste. Coil is 3mm and dont have that issue with any of the different cottons. Its similar to a burnt taste. Has anyone experienced that with rayon?

I have a issue with rayon at the moment when i use it in a low build 0.2 or 0.35 i get a really bad taste. Coil is 3mm and dont have that issue with any of the different cottons. Its similar to a burnt taste. Has anyone experienced that with rayon?

I never ever vape that low but my guess is Rayon isn't happy at those levels and I guess a better option would be Native Wicks. But this is all just a big fat guess.

Hi Matt the Flying Dutchman. I agree with you that Rayon is dangerous at high watt vaping. The problem with Rayon is it does not indicate like cotton does when it becomes a bit roasted in flavour, Rayon straight out burns when it runs dry. Very effective wick but a poor choice for cloud chasing because of the risk of dry burns.

thanx for this just rewicked with jap cot and its a completely different vape to the rayon i had on there

Back