Evic VT Heads-up

After reading all these comments, "thinking twice" if I should purchase!

No thank you. I like the looks of the evic much more. It seems like the spikes only really affect the 1ohm up group and I don't vape that high. The temp control part seems to work good.

Very happy with my purchase as are many others. If I wanted an invader mini I would have bought one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissfull vaping cloud.
Everyone buys what they like, mine is the ipv4 which I also only use in temp.mode.The evic is a pretty mod(love the yellow ) Hope you all have luck with them.

Everyone buys what they like, mine is the ipv4 which I also only use in temp.mode.The evic is a pretty mod(love the yellow ) Hope you all have luck with them.

Exactly why I said "if I wanted an invader mini I would have bought one"

Iam a confirmed Reonaut and haven't used anything else for a long while.
I decided to get an Evic VT to see what all the fuss is about.
After an initial coughing fit as witnessed by @Rob Fisher in a Skype call,after which he told me how to set it (instruction book already in file 13) I must say I'm impressed.
The tank leaked when I left it on its side (pretty sure thats my fault) but other than that no problems.
The Ni coil bit the dust yesterday after about two weeks and now I'm trying the Ti coil.Seems the Ti coil must be set higher in the temp and wattage but its still OK.Initial preference would be for the Ni coil though.
I do have other tanks here,the Taifun and Lemo 2 but I don't know if I'll mess with them.
But for a pretty die hard mech (read Reo) man,its very good.Will it end up in the classies............Well its not a Reo so it might:)

Iam a confirmed Reonaut and haven't used anything else for a long while.
I decided to get an Evic VT to see what all the fuss is about.
After an initial coughing fit as witnessed by @Rob Fisher in a Skype call,after which he told me how to set it (instruction book already in file 13) I must say I'm impressed.
The tank leaked when I left it on its side (pretty sure thats my fault) but other than that no problems.
The Ni coil bit the dust yesterday after about two weeks and now I'm trying the Ti coil.Seems the Ti coil must be set higher in the temp and wattage but its still OK.Initial preference would be for the Ni coil though.
I do have other tanks here,the Taifun and Lemo 2 but I don't know if I'll mess with them.
But for a pretty die hard mech (read Reo) man,its very good.Will it end up in the classies............Well its not a Reo so it might:)
@Genosmate I LOVE my evic VT and the EGO tank is also a winner for mindless all day vaping. I even converted the wive now to TC and she is loving it.
Look it takes some fiddling and fidgeting to figure out how this works but in the end it pays off. I say bye bye Kathal....

All these complaints were definitely excessively hyped. The device is great!
It feels great in the hand and hasn't yet missed a beat.
TC is a dream FTW!!

Last edited:
I honestly think all these complaints were thrown waaaay out of proportion. The device is solid, feels great in the hand and hasn't yet missed a beat. Very happy with mine and loving TC at the moment.

Got this in my cart at the moment with Sir Vape, don't know if I should get this, would like to use this with my Billow V2, bad choice or any other recommendations?, have the usual iStick 30W and 50W, SMOK 80W, can't really count the subox mini 50W, just would like a reliable temp unit that can be used with nickel builds, main reason for wanting the EVIC.
Thanks

running ego one mega NI, lemo 2 nickel build, subtank mini with the OCC ni200.

lemo 2 nickel is the best. Dont have a billow v2 so cant say. I think @yazo has one. maybe he can comment for that specific setup.

I run a dripper with a nickel build as well. awesome vape.

I dont like that you cant update the software, but in this price range its awesome.

running ego one mega NI, lemo 2 nickel build, subtank mini with the OCC ni200.

lemo 2 nickel is the best. Dont have a billow v2 so cant say. I think @yazo has one. maybe he can comment for that specific setup.

I run a dripper with a nickel build as well. awesome vape.

I dont like that you cant update the software, but in this price range its awesome.

Thanks for the advice, getting there "knowledge wise" as I understood what you actually said....Just want to finalise my order with Sir Vape, the cart is just getting "fuller" and want to pay now before I have to sell the house!!!

@DarkSide I got a zephyrus and it works well with the evic. Deck is a bit small so building nickel coils is a bit if a challenge and that's true with most tanks, but definitely possible. The evic stock nickel coil is great as well and the temp control hasn't skipped a beat. Dry cotton tested it and all was good. The ego tank isn't bad either, better than I was expecting. You'll definitely enjoy the device. Haven't met anyone with an evic that wasn't happy.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

@yazo Thank You, purchased the Billows V2 because I now only want to build my own coils, I like the EVIC and temp function and just wanted confirmation that these two will be compatible, I do not have the zephyrus, but now, THANKS TO YOU, I am tempted, yes, I am weak and cannot help myself, to add this device to my cart as well.

If you're looking at Youde tanks, look out for the Goliath V2 that SirVape will soon be stocking. I have the V1, and cant wait for the V2 to come into my collection, if its better than the original, it's going to be a Winner!

If you're looking at Youde tanks, look out for the Goliath V2 that SirVape will soon be stocking. I have the V1, and cant wait for the V2 to come into my collection, if its better than the original, it's going to be a Winner!

OH NO, here we go again! Thanks for the advice, will the Goliath also be compatible with the EVIC battery? At this rate, the wife will open the garage and her car will "be gone", not mine, only hers, it will have been sold to support Sir Vape and this addiction I have to listening to forum members!!!

Not sure about compatibility, but having the option to run either dual coil, or plug one side up and run single coil, being able to adjust both air flow and juice flow, with a tank capacity of 5ml, ALL in one tank... Well, what more does one need?

mines using firmware 1.18 and so far i've not had any issues.

and that jumping outta temp control thing, is hardly a deal breaker. if it happens to you, just build below 0.15 ohms (not hard with nickel) and then it can't jump outta temp control. So far I've yet to hear about it jumping outta temp control on titanium (stuff just seems better).

Last edited:
Here is some stuff I can say about the VT after owning it a little over a week.

- It's really heavy, like really heavy, more than a Sigelei 100W with batteries in it.

- Paint looks awesome! (specially in the sun) kinda plain indoors.

- The job wheel and fire button feel cheap, like really cheap.

- I may be paranoid, but the possibility of juice getting under the jog wheel worries me (specially if you're using drippers)

- Menu isn't very intuitive, a common eVic trait.

- It gets hot (not, like scary hot) when you run it over about 45W and chain vape it in VW mode.

- 5000mAh really isn't enough, it actually feels like the battery doesn't last as long as my iStick 50W (this could be because the battery in the VT is still really new, and I haven't cycled it enough times, I don't know if thats even a thing with LiPo batteries). In any case if the device was 5-10% bigger, we could have been able to fit our own 18650 batteries (so theoretically 7000mAh, if you use 2 X LG MJ1's in parallel, granted a 20A limit is cutting it fine, so I guess you could use 2 X eFest 2800mAh's in parallel giving you a cool 5600mAh and a 70A pulse limit) and with that they could even chuck in a beefy mech mode option. (or if you have to be the biggest badass ever, you could use 2 smurfs in parallel which would give you 5000mAh and a 1s pulse limit of 190A) In any case being able to quickly swap out batteries would be a real winner.

- Temp control works pretty well, and it has ohm-lock (which you really should use, if you're doing temp control)

- The positive pin on the 510 doesn't drop down far enough, I've seen people complaining about a "No atomizer" error, I've noticed if i screw an atty with a well endowed positive pin, as soon as i screw it tight, it must create a short or something, because it'll kick a "no atomizer" error. Loosen it and the error goes away.

- eGo One MEGA, is a kak tank. Muted flavour, tiny wick holes... Just not my cup of tea. At this price point a short version of the Delta 2 or something of that nature would have gone down better IMHO, Paint looks awesome though.

All in all, I think its a pretty good device for the money. (I don't have any regrets having bought it) It's a really solid dose of temp control. That said, anyone thinking about buying one, might do well to wait for the iStick 40WTC, unless you really need 60W or the 5000mAh battery.

Last edited:
The Issues with the Evic VT have definately been hyped.

Running on week 3 now and it hasnt skipped a beat. No jumping out on TC or No atomiser error either.

Only annoying thing is the pitch and ticking noises but is admitted by Joyetech and you get used to it.

The Ego one mega can benefit from updated coils (better juice holes) in the future but on the overall it is not a bad tank.

Definately my favorite device since my reo and has taken over it's place as my ADV until I can get myself a cylcops...

The Issues with the Evic VT have definately been hyped.

Running on week 3 now and it hasnt skipped a beat. No jumping out on TC or No atomiser error either.

Only annoying thing is the pitch and ticking noises but is admitted by Joyetech and you get used to it.

The Ego one mega can benefit from updated coils (better juice holes) in the future but on the overall it is not a bad tank.

Definately my favorite device since my reo and has taken over it's place as my ADV until I can get myself a cylcops...

Thanks for the update
@Mklops needs a Cyclops!

Here is some stuff I can say about the VT after owning it a little over a week.

- It's really heavy, like really heavy, more than a Sigelei 100W with batteries in it.

- Paint looks awesome! (specially in the sun) kinda plain indoors.

- The job wheel and fire button feel cheap, like really cheap.

- I may be paranoid, but the possibility of juice getting under the jog wheel worries me (specially if you're using drippers)

- Menu isn't very intuitive, a common eVic trait.

- It gets hot (not, like scary hot) when you run it over about 45W and chain vape it in VW mode.

- 5000mAh really isn't enough, it actually feels like the battery doesn't last as long as my iStick 50W (this could be because the battery in the VT is still really new, and I haven't cycled it enough times, I don't know if thats even a thing with LiPo batteries). In any case if the device was 5-10% bigger, we could have been able to fit our own 18650 batteries (so theoretically 7000mAh, if you use 2 X LG MJ1's in parallel, granted a 20A limit is cutting it fine, so I guess you could use 2 X eFest 2800mAh's in parallel giving you a cool 5600mAh and a 70A pulse limit) and with that they could even chuck in a beefy mech mode option. (or if you have to be the biggest badass ever, you could use 2 smurfs in parallel which would give you 5000mAh and a 1s pulse limit of 190A) In any case being able to quickly swap out batteries would be a real winner.

- Temp control works pretty well, and it has ohm-lock (which you really should use, if you're doing temp control)

- The positive pin on the 510 doesn't drop down far enough, I've seen people complaining about a "No atomizer" error, I've noticed if i screw an atty with a well endowed positive pin, as soon as i screw it tight, it must create a short or something, because it'll kick a "no atomizer" error. Loosen it and the error goes away.

- eGo One MEGA, is a kak tank. Muted flavour, tiny wick holes... Just not my cup of tea. At this price point a short version of the Delta 2 or something of that nature would have gone down better IMHO, Paint looks awesome though.

All in all, I think its a pretty good device for the money. (I don't have any regrets having bought it) It's a really solid dose of temp control. That said, anyone thinking about buying one, might do well to wait for the iStick 40WTC, unless you really need 60W or the 5000mAh battery.

I truly have to agree with you here on the battery.... I have a M80 which is suppose to be 4000mah and running the same 26g Dual coil at 40w on a dripper pretty much lasts me from the morning till the evening. However the exact same setup on the exact same RDA lasts me half a day on the VT???? And it's suppose to be 5000mah? Truly believe joyetech lied on this one. Battery seems to last just as long as a 18650.

Other than that I love it. Just disappointed bout the battery life?

I truly have to agree with you here on the battery.... I have a M80 which is suppose to be 4000mah and running the same 26g Dual coil at 40w on a dripper pretty much lasts me from the morning till the evening. However the exact same setup on the exact same RDA lasts me half a day on the VT???? And it's suppose to be 5000mah? Truly believe joyetech lied on this one. Battery seems to last just as long as a 18650.

Other than that I love it. Just disappointed bout the battery life?
Interesting

Initially was very skeptical as well however have to say haven't been disappointed in the slightest . I did notice the battery runs down quickly to half way there after goes for a while. On average getting around 2 days battery running subtank mini normal kanthal mode at 30w .
Also have m80 and the battery life is competitive . Will have to do a head to head

Sent from my typewriter running windows 2020

Back