Forum Status today

I understand its a bit of a shock to some of you.

Unfortunately the previous Posts feed extensions had no update to the latest software. So we have had to make do with this one.

Please note these updates are critical as the software for the forum was not updated since 2018. There is massive security risks and performance issues that happen when software is not upgraded.

Any suggestions please be sure to leave them here and I will gladly take a look.

Unfortunately the previous Posts feed extensions had no update to the latest software. So we have had to make do with this one.

Please note these updates are critical as the software for the forum was not updated since 2018. There is massive security risks and performance issues that happen when software is not upgraded.

Any suggestions please be sure to leave them here and I will gladly take a look.
Understood @Gizmo and thanks for all the work you're putting in. :campeon:

I'll still suggest a dark theme :--P

Sir, please move the Like and Dislike buttons apart

I'm sure to gooi a few dislikes with my fat fingers

thank you in advance

Last edited:
:b1: the smileys and emoticons are still there, just click on the smiley up top when you add a new post, it comes in a dropdown to select. To add a reaction to the post just hover over the thumbs-up on the bottom of a post, the rest pops up to select. Gonna take some time to adjust and I am sure it will still be fine tuned. Good thing we know vape gear does not get shipped from China in a day... will check in later again to see what is plotting. A lot of redundant info has been removed from the screen, which is a good thing. Clutter just takes up space for something useful rather. Glad to see that ECIGSSA and all of you are still here though, we got this far, we'll make it through this.
Yup, I know - I actually used one. My point was modernising/updating them. Everytime I see them I can hear a US Robotics 33.3k modem doing it's dial-in tune.

Last edited:
Yup, I know - I actually used one. My point was modernising/updating them. Everytime I see them I can hear a US Robotics 33.3k modern does it's dial-in tune.

USRobotics for the win! Here is my USRobitcs Courier bank of modems when I was an ISP!
Neptune - 03.jpg

USRobotics for the win! Here is my USRobitcs Courier bank of modems when I was an ISP!
View attachment 250593
Ahhh.. I remember them well. Also remember coming with my then CEO to meet with you at your home.
I was working for a niche London-based bank that just landed in the country.
Also later met with Wayne Ovenstone up in PMB who had an equally impressive setup at the time

Imagine if this site could be ported to a standard-alone Android & IOS app.... (Please don't say "like Tapatalk")
About 5 years ago I was a member of a Linux forum run out of Estonia that had a similar app - it was awesome.
They just disappeared COMPLETELY.

Im in two minds about the change probably due to me being a bit OCD, so its expected. But yes it looks nice. Im sure the more i use it the more i will like it

How do I stop email notifications? I've clicked off notifications in my preferences yet still getting emails

Thank you for all the hard work, coming from IT I understand the security risks associated with not updating to the latest CU's and SP's. Great job guys and we will all be fully familiarised in no time with the amount of hours we spend here haha

Not sure if it is still being updated, but youtube videos are not being shown.

Ummm this is so weird:wondering: It feels like I just joined a new forum.This new fresh look is messing with my head.

Ummm this is so weird:wondering: It feels like I just joined a new forum.This new fresh look is messing with my head.
Yeah, I can even figure out how to get to the old "off topic" "classifieds" "recent" and the general list. I hate change in general, but this is just weird.

Seems the classifications of posts is a little broken, if I click on classifieds I'm seeing other unrelated things there but perhaps we have to start fresh from here and things will align again over time?

Back