Forum Status today

Not a fan of change and this just weird but it is what it is.

How do we see more threads like on the version where we could choose 20/30/40/50 threads to see?

I must say this new version works brilliantly in a browser on my phone. I don’t need that awful Tapatalk anymore.

I personally don't mind the update. Understandably the update was necessary due to the security risks involved with outdated software. Thanks for all the hard work @Gizmo

click on your avatar in the right upper corner then on preferences

Thanks Grand Guru! I turned off those settings but was still getting emails. Unsubscribed from the email link and all good now :)

Ahhh.. I remember them well. Also remember coming with my then CEO to meet with you at your home.
I was working for a niche London-based bank that just landed in the country.
Also later met with Wayne Ovenstone up in PMB who had an equally impressive setup at the time

Oh WOW call back the past!

Nee, fok change, hierdie is sommer net plain kak! There I said it. You were all thinking it. Please put my cheese back where I left it.

Thank you,

Best regards.

I would prefer it if the unread posts on the main screen were highlighted more. On my phone browser I only see a slight variation of grey and white?

We just need time to get used to it, that's all. Change is never easy.

All Human Beings are hardwired to resist change. Part of our brains, (the amygdala), interpret change as a threat and release neuro hormones to trigger fear, (fight or flight) ... Your body is perversely protecting you from change ... the very thing required for your progression! :oops:

We've even defined a formula for it; D x V x F > R
Dissatisfaction x Vision x First Concrete Steps > Resistance

In other words, if you're resisting change, you are choosing to to accept the loss of old and familiar as greater than the power of new and gains ... and once you accept that it's a CHOICE, and that you have to power to change the negative viewpoint you hold, then you can step out of fear and into excitement and begin enjoying all the new benefits :headbang:

All Human Beings are hardwired to resist change. Part of our brains, (the amygdala), interpret change as a threat and release neuro hormones to trigger fear, (fight or flight) ... Your body is perversely protecting you from change ... the very thing required for your progression! :oops:

In other words, if you're resisting change, you are choosing to to accept the loss of old and familiar as greater than the power of new and gains ... and once you accept that it's a CHOICE, and that you have to power to change the negative viewpoint you hold, then you can step out of fear and into excitement and begin enjoying all the new benefits :headbang:
Me: trying to punch forum
I guess I can't fight it
:THETROLL:

Just a joke I don't mind the new layout I think it looks quite modern and different from the other forums

Thankfully i don't use the forum much anymore because this new format would have frustrated the living shyte out of me. Looks like a Grade8 webdesign project. Navigation is worse, layout has gone backward, hard earned medals stripped ,xp/status level has been nerfed by half and the classifieds section is confusing.
I don't resist change but definitely reverse evolution. :)
I do like the improvement in speed and the formatting bar above.

Just for those snivelling about the looks... this is just step one... new software and security systems along with massive speed improvement. The beautifying of the site and addition of other features is on the way!
beautify_logo_fin.png

Now this is a huge improvement:

I've just been to the News & Media sub-forum to submit a new post. I had to type in the heading of my post and underneath that I saw tthis:

Screenshot 2022-02-19 110511.jpg

Brilliant!! I'm sure this will help to prevent duplicate posts.

I wanted to check if it works and indeed it does! After posting a thread, I again typed in the heading as if I were going to submit a new post, and my previous post appeared in the list:

Screenshot 2 - Copy.jpg

Getting more used to it. Just want to see more posts on the main screen, or have an option to select an amount and have better differentiation between read and unread.

Thankfully i don't use the forum much anymore because this new format would have frustrated the living shyte out of me. Looks like a Grade8 webdesign project. Navigation is worse, layout has gone backward, hard earned medals stripped ,xp/status level has been nerfed by half and the classifieds section is confusing.
I don't resist change but definitely reverse evolution. :)
I do like the improvement in speed and the formatting bar above.
You like it then!:rofl:

I'm finding the new format a bit hard to navigate like this morning I wanted to undo a response but only figured out after 10min I needed to tap the icon again:facepalm: another factor which I see is not available is the link from Google to the forum like older stuff unless it must still be linked or connected . I am sure I should be able to manage with time it's probably like switching from Android device to apple

Not going to lie. Halfway through that post I was wondering if you ever change your underwear.

Looks fine to me. Only problem is I suddenly getting spammed with email notifications on every thread I every posted something and watched threads. I would like to get notifications here but not email. Cant seem to disable them.

Looks fine to me. Only problem is I suddenly getting spammed with email notifications on every thread I every posted something and watched threads. I would like to get notifications here but not email. Cant seem to disable them.
Click name at top, click preferences and on the next screen uncheck email notification boxes!

The resolution/dimensions on attached pics and photos seem way off.... Just saw a hand check of a 21700 mod that looked like an 18350 mod

The resolution/dimensions on attached pics and photos seem way off.... Just saw a hand check of a 21700 mod that looked like an 18350 mod
Just trying to find a way to stop images taking over the whole post. People can click to see the full picture. Its quite jarring if its just massive picture.

I have limited the width 400px until clicked. Should look better now.

Back