Forum Status today

Hi all

On this thread ,

Please keep on posting glitches you notice or things that were good on the “old forum” that are not there now

Don’t expect answers or fixes immediately

I promise you I will take a very close look at every single comment when I have the time to do so

And will also examine things myself

Then we will do our best to get the forum humming nicely

But please , don’t hold back on anything you spot, no matter how small it is

It will help us a lot

I wonder if the order in which these icons appear could be changed?

Reply symbols.jpg
It would be better for the icons which are used most often, to be first in the row e.g. like, winner, agree, informative, funny and thanks.

The Search function on the home page no longer has an option to insert a "newer than" date. which the previous version had.

I tried the Advanced Search and it does not appear to be working at all! I searched for Lockdown Diaries (by title) under Everything and inserted the 18 Feb as the "newer than" date. A message flashed on the screen saying "No results found". How can this be, when the last post was on 19 Feb?

I tried the Advanced Search again, but clicked on Relevance and again "No results found".

I only had one rating on my stars from way back when from @johan , so I can't really say it bothers me that it's gone...

Last edited:
@Gizmo please look into this: every time I click on the members page shortcut I get login pop up. Then the same happens every time I click anywhere on the same page Thanks

It would be better if "Full Image" was first, followed by Thumbnail. After all, most of the time one would insert a full image.

Insert.jpg

@Gizmo is there a better way of highlighting the threads with unread posts? Maybe make the Font in bold like it used to be or use a different background colour than the very fade grey? Thanks

The only thing I have noticed is review threads when posted no longer appear on the feeds thingy on the main screen so many won't know a new review has been posted, probably most will think oh good but from my point of view too much time and effort is put in to post reviews that aren't going to be seen!

The only thing I have noticed is review threads when posted no longer appear on the feeds thingy on the main screen so many won't know a new review has been posted, probably most will think oh good but from my point of view too much time and effort is put in to post reviews that aren't going to be seen!
Thank you so much, it has now been addressed!:)

Glad to hear. I like checking reviews every now and then even if I'm not going to buy, always nice knowing
Yeah they are just for information purposes only, makes zero difference to me if people buy anything I review or not, it's just a hobby with no financial gain but a lot of outlay to customs!

Been playing around with the new layout today and i must say it really has a nice refreshed look and feel to it. Well done guys.
For those of you that want to play around with the width and style, right at the very bottom of the home page there are 2 x buttons- Style Chooser and Change Width.1645445531976.png

Been playing around with the new layout today and i must say it really has a nice refreshed look and feel to it. Well done guys.
For those of you that want to play around with the width and style, right at the very bottom of the home page there are 2 x buttons- Style Chooser and Change Width.View attachment 250810

Guess the "change width" is only for PC. Not appearing on my phone browser and I'm noticing that I have to scroll side to side at times, especially with some photos being wider than the "framework"

@Gizmo is there a better way of highlighting the threads with unread posts? Maybe make the Font in bold like it used to be or use a different background colour than the very fade grey? Thanks
This is my main pet peeve regarding the new format

This is my main pet peeve regarding the new format

That and the pics going beyond the screen format on phone. So you need to scroll right to see full pic. Bit of a pain. Especially when i want to see the greek salad on Rob's Forum

Being able to disable the chat makes a big difference to the aesthetic flow!

For those of you that want to play around with the width and style, right at the very bottom of the home page there are 2 x buttons- Style Chooser and Change Width.View attachment 250810
Thank you! I was getting major image overhang on Chrome mobile. Changed the style to "ECIGSSA" and it's much better now no more overhang

The more you play with things the better they become.... (I need to tell my wife that)

Sent from my vivo 2006 using Tapatalk

Back