Fresh Juice After 2 Hours In A Ultrasonic Cleaner With Hot Water.

i have about 5 or 8 links saved on ebay,...ranging from the R400 ones (2 models, i think) and around R800. if you want, i'll give you the link to the Collection. including the one Alex posted a pic of.

PS: http://www.ebay.com/cln/bjp_cat/VAPE/98425173013

Last edited:
@Cat go for the highest Wattage unit you can afford. I personally think anything below 60W would require great imagination to steep any ejuice.

Well,...there're enough people on the forums saying it works, but that is not...i mean it's really just hearsay. :) However, i am stopping myself from buying even a R400 one because i have lots of stuff to dispose of before i can get myself out of here...so i'm at a point where i think twice and then again, particularly with appliances. The other logic is that if that you get the juice-making right, mix some every week or two, there'd be no need for it. Also, what is the rule? (There isn't one?) Like how many minutes is equivalent to one week steeping time.

Well,...there're enough people on the forums saying it works, but that is not...i mean it's really just hearsay. :) However, i am stopping myself from buying even a R400 one because i have lots of stuff to dispose of before i can get myself out of here...so i'm at a point where i think twice and then again, particularly with appliances. The other logic is that if that you get the juice-making right, mix some every week or two, there'd be no need for it. Also, what is the rule? (There isn't one?) Like how many minutes is equivalent to one week steeping time.

Apologies, thought you were looking for advice. A couple of guys on this forum do use it to inter alia steep ejuice and confirmed on various threads (including myself) a rule of thumb: 1 hour in ultrasonic bath/cleaner equals 1 week of steeping.

i have not tested any of the ultrasonics shown here but from experience the cheap ultrasonics are relay c..p[bad]. i would recommend phoning up one of our local jewellery tool suppliers if you want a descent ultrasonic. if there pricing is to high get the model and look it up online. here is a South African company that manufacture and import ultrasonics. http://www.zeusautomation.co.za/ultrasonic_cleaning.html i run my ultrasonic for many hours each day for a few years and it has not failed me. i use the UC-2D2

Gerry's i am sure will ship to you .

I'm sure he will, but I want it tomorrow :p

Well Gerry's is an epic fail... sent them a request at the beginning of the week and I guess they have enough business because nothing from them... :-@

I will call the guy I dealt with at gerry's and see what's what.

Ok , Called Grant at Gerry Optics , he has not had an email from anybody asking for a quote on a USC in the last 2 weeks -

So here is the correct email to use : grant@goptics.co.za

There are two CD-4820 left in stock and the price on them will be R1695.00

Ok , Called Grant at Gerry Optics , he has not had an email from anybody asking for a quote on a USC in the last 2 weeks -

So here is the correct email to use : grant@goptics.co.za

There are two CD-4820 left in stock and the price on them will be R1695.00

Thanks @Rowan Francis! Just sent him an email now.

Cool beanz. Just booked into my room and had a bite to eat out of the back of the kitchen cos I was soo late getting here. Where is here. Small lodge in madikwe safari park. Wot fun

OK got the tool box out and changed the Swiss plus to a SA version!
UltraSonic 013.JPG

A few bottom fed atties going in for cleaning... now let's hope I can rember which bit goes with what!
UltraSonic 018.JPG

How long does one leave the goodies in for? I see the standard time is 2 minutes... I have given them 3 cycles...

Oh WOW! Most stuff was pretty clean anyway so couldn't really see any difference... then I found a Astro Mech Mod that looked shabby... and WOW it's sparkling! This thing actually works!

Clean 004.JPG

Dammit, now this is another one of those, "want to need it" things :D

Very interesting this post hmm. I might give this a bash

Back