Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

I gave up and eventually just sold my Zeus..

funny enough I got mine last year before the hype because the "no leaking" hooked me and needed an RTA which wouldn't leak on me especially in my active job, so gave it a bash and have never looked back since, guess it just suits my style of vaping right now perfectly.

sorry you didnt enjoy it and congrats again on the medal, great stuff !!

funny enough I got mine last year before the hype because the "no leaking" hooked me and needed an RTA which wouldn't leak on me especially in my active job, so gave it a bash and have never looked back since, guess it just suits my style of vaping right now perfectly.

sorry you didnt enjoy it and congrats again on the medal, great stuff !!
I just could not get enough flavour out of it man and i was super dissappointed to sell-but it wasnt serving any purpose apart from looking good for me.

Nevertheless-I will invest in ANOTHER Asmodus Voluna with the money I got for it !!!!:D

PS.Thanks again bud

@Room Fogger and @vicTor thanks for all the assistance guys I did manage to take it apart last night, just did a quick rewick, will be doing a new build later tonight and will give some feedback

I just could not get enough flavour out of it man and i was super dissappointed to sell-but it wasnt serving any purpose apart from looking good for me.

Nevertheless-I will invest in ANOTHER Asmodus Voluna with the money I got for it !!!!:D

PS.Thanks again bud
Same here! Also gave up and sold mine. The flavour was nowhere near my Ammit 25 no matter how I built it.

The guy who bought it likes it. I don't get the hype besides it being leak free. Flavour to me was a 3 maybe 4 out of 10 at best.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

I finally got a black Zeus today, then spent a good hour or so checking out build tips for this bad boy.

I get awesome Flavour from this RTA, only con so far is the juice consumption

Edit:
Specs are as follows, drill twisted 26g Ni80
2,5mm coil, mounted as high as possible, Flavour is almost too intense.

Last edited:
I finally got a black Zeus today, then spent a good hour or so checking out build tips for this bad boy.

@Alex , it's one of the best flavour tanks around imho, but it's a thirsty tank. But that's the compromise you have to make is the V8 consumption,

@Room Fogger, building this deck reminds me of my “Nuppin” Rda. I like it alot.

@Room Fogger, building this deck reminds me of my “Nuppin” Rda. I like it alot.
It is a winner definately, and with the right build gives you flavour for days. I will miss mine in the long run for sure, but I have moved more to MTL tanks, cannot do the huge airflow with a lip that does not function properly. Many happy clouds to you, enjoy it.

Edit:
As @Room Fogger said all flavour RTA's are very thirsty and in my opinion the Zeus is the most flavoursome single coil RTA.

I suck at getting the zeus to perform eaven after some awesome tips i still strugle:(

It is a winner definately, and with the right build gives you flavour for days. I will miss mine in the long run for sure, but I have moved more to MTL tanks, cannot do the huge airflow with a lip that does not function properly. Many happy clouds to you, enjoy it.

now you make me feel bad :(

now you make me feel bad :(
She is in good hands, I wasn't enjoying it any more, and couldn't get it to perform for me. Right decision taken to let someone who can enjoy it get it, it's in the right hands and the right House, no sellers envy from me.:D

Flavour; airflow; dry hits eaven when i open the tank and the cotton is soaked name it and ime haveing problems;(
@Cor, have a look at this, it may help. I did this to show some guys how to wick it. Sounds like your tails are too thick, hence no flavour, and the dry hits. By the time you have opened the tank it would have wicked again. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference. :)
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/if-you-were-going-to-buy-an-rta.t46608/page-2#post-631458

@Cor, have a look at this, it may help. I did this to show some guys how to wick it. Sounds like your tails are too thick, hence no flavour, and the dry hits. By the time you have opened the tank it would have wicked again. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference. :)
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/if-you-were-going-to-buy-an-rta.t46608/page-2#post-631458
Exactly the way i wick it @Room Fogger .But today ime going to insert a flatclapton aka failian and see if it works ile als go step by step with your tutorial thank you so much :)

Edit:

Agree, the coil position is extremely important. if its directly in the center you will get spit back on refill. needs to be maybe just in line with the top row of air wholes in my opinion. its my ADV. nothing comes close to this for a single coil

my current build is 24g 7 or 8 wrap 3mm

Exactly the way i wick it @Room Fogger .But today ime going to insert a flatclapton aka failian and see if it works ile als go step by step with your tutorial thank you so much :)
Great news, once you get the right build in there, you are going to love it. It is a great tank. Please let us know how it is with the flatclapton, sounds interesting.

If it weren’t so thirsty I’d get another 2. Flavour is awesome and no leaking is a big win for me. I don’t think I’ll buy another bottom airflow tank again.

I have been through a lot of tanks the past few months. I loved my Ammit so the Zeus was the obvious choice. Never looked back. There are cool ideas for the wicking. I am using the coils that came with. With cotton bacon. Thin wick. No long wicking. Set on a 30 Watt. Perfect flavor. Has become my everyday tank.

Colleague got a Zeus before Easter, and I want to try the successful experiment I did yesterday on my SMM on it. 7 wrap parallel 26 ga SS316 coil wrapped around a T25 Torx key, which should give a 4.43mm internal diameter. Wicked in the recent Morten Oen style of wicking - very tight, no fluffing, no peeling layers, no rolling beyond getting the wick through the coil. Great flavour and superb ramp up. Guzzles like a drunk, but I don't think you can seperate consumption and flavour...

I'm going to throw my 2c spanner in the works here. I too had an issue with the Zeus when i first got it. The dry hits were so bad I was considering just getting rid of it all together. Nothing I tried solved the issue until I decided to change from streaky cotton back to cotton bacon v2. Suddenly it became one of the best tanks in my arsenal. I loved it so much I bought a second one. From what I have seen it likes an easy wicking cotton, the more saturated the better. As far as coils my sweet spot is around a 2.5mm 0.4 ni80 clapton at 30-35w. Makes the juice last a touch longer without compromising flavour.

Ok the black tank was a problem for me, I like to see the juice levels :p So I made a plan..

and Voila!
41165720052_4850d95d28.jpg

All fixed now :)

Back