Jhb And Surrounds Vape Meet Round 3 : 5 April 2014 At Alibi

What date should the Vape Meet be

• Total voters
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be there as well :D

We were at Alibi over the weekend to try it out and told the guy that you were thinking of having the meet there and he said that we are more than welcome :D

Looking forward to it.

Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be there as well :D

We were at Alibi over the weekend to try it out and told the guy that you were thinking of having the meet there and he said that we are more than welcome :D

Looking forward to it.

Added to the list :)

We have had it there before :) who did you speak to? What did you think of it as a venue??

Last edited:
Yah 90% sure I will be there

Hey guys, On the facebook page it says "Tickets available", what is that about? :p

Looking forward to it

@Stroodlepuff , please can you ask the owner of the venue to prepare a comfortable couch and a bed for those that end up doing a Silver, myself included ;-)

Hiya guys, newbie here just joined the forum yesterday wnd pleased to meet everyone. I'd love to join the meeting but to confirm, is it the 5th or the 12th?

Hi @Stroodlepuff , may be a good idea to add the date and time to the thread title, like the cape guys did for their vape meet

It's the 5th Zee

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's the 5th Zee

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Thanks alot :( unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make the 5th, I would have loved to meet everyone. Maybe next time.

Looking forward to it

@Stroodlepuff , please can you ask the owner of the venue to prepare a comfortable couch and a bed for those that end up doing a Silver, myself included ;-)

Now I'm getting scared! Please explain to me what is "... doing a Silver" ?

Now I'm getting scared! Please explain to me what is "... doing a Silver" ?

Ha ha @johanct
Apologies, yes, I forgot that some people don't know what "doing a Silver is"

Basically, at the last JHB Vape Meet - I got my IGO-L and Kayfun Mech both set up for the first time by expert coil builder @TylerD and the other folk who helped to get them rocking. I loaded in my 18mg VM Litchi juice and vaped away happily on both devices for about 10 minutes - comparing them and the taste etc.

I started sweating and feeling nauseous. I had to go to the bathroom and wet my face. I was sweating so much, my legs were even sweating. It was a major nic overdose. I then had to lie down on this couch they had near the tables where we were sitting. I felt terrible. Nausea like you can't believe and my head was spinning. It was extremely unpleasant.

About half an hour later I felt a lot better and was back in action - but I was very scared of my new devices ;-)

So from then on, people have referred to lying down from a nic overdose as "doing a Silver" ;-)

I will never forget that experience. Since then, I have not done another Silver yet but have come close on a few occasions.

Back