Liqua - Juice Reviews

Very interesting reviews, i was going to buy the 10 pack Liqua has at the end of the month but now im thinking i should either spend that money on other juice?

Very interesting reviews, i was going to buy the 10 pack Liqua has at the end of the month but now im thinking i should either spend that money on other juice?
I must say. My first juice was Liqua, and I gave away the whole bottle. Not for me. Maybe for other, but I would say get some Vapour mountain juice. You won't be disappointed.

I must say. My first juice was Liqua, and I gave away the whole bottle. Not for me. Maybe for other, but I would say get some Vapour mountain juice. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks for the advice! :) Im chatting to Oupa as we speak... So to say :D Lol

I don't like Liqua much either. I also found that apple had a strong chemical taste, so much so that I have virtually untouched 30ml bottles of apple and coffee sitting in the fridge for about 3 months now. Also with the higher PG content it would dry out my throat and lips. I did however find the vanilla tolerable.
Personally, Vapour Mountain is my go to juice supplier. Try him, you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
I agree. Liqua is one strange brand. They try to do a premium look but their juices are anything but generic China liquids. Probably all come from China

I was at the China Town in Durban the other day with a friend of mine and I happened across a whole batch of liqua bottles for sale at R20 each.

Two questions came to mind. Are their juices being knocked off and if not how many juices must be circling South Africa that have gone past expiration date. Then I got mad. Really fu%king mad when it dawned on me that our entire countries mindset is all fu%ked up.

Firstly, with the consumer. We'll shop left and right to find a service or a product at the cheapest price.
We'll buy something and wonder why it broke two weeks down the line. We'll call out the cheapest plumber we can find only to hear that the entire pipe needs to be replaced one month later. We don't want to spend money, and we'll happily get by with what we got expecting that it's the be all and end all.

Then with suppliers and service providers. They know our mentality. They'd have to, they watch the market every day. If the consumer doesn't want to pay, they'll start cutting on either quality of the product or service.

What does this do for repeat business? It's a fu%king disaster and it's huge part of why our snowball runs up the mountain. Repeat business doesn't exist and no one gives a crap about the consumer.

Example.
Timmy wants a pool built. Instead of finding a reliable company he chooses a slightly cheaper option. He pays half now and half when the jobs complete. At first everything runs smooth. Before he knew it his pool was done, paid for the services and that's that. Or is it. Two months down the line surface cracks show up. The pump dies and the pool tiles start peeling off.

Timmy calls up the guy who built it to come take a look. The guy agrees and promises to take a look but never shows.
Timmy is pissed and needs to get the real people in to come take a look and it ends up costing him more than it would have in the first place. Sound familiar. I bet we can all relate.

Unfortunately the same thing is happening in South Africa with the e-cig market.
There's waaaaaaaay to much rubbish being sold to people looking to get into the market.
These are the people that ought to be nurtured and welcomed into the world of vaping with a) A device that works fairly well at entry level and B) some juice that doesn't taste like a camel just.... well you get the idea.

Instead, with our "good deal" mentality we're still buying that junky china crap.
How many new potential vapors have not been frightened to hell? How many times have you not heard: "Oh a fake cigarette. I tried one of those. It was sh%t."

Well yeah, sure it was. It's the same experience your going to get with anything that is not the real deal.
Take a mech clone for example.

You buy a clone cause you don't want to spend money on the original.
What do you get. Well, something along the lines of what a Chinese knock-off e-cig would be in comparison to a Kanger Evod at entry level.

Case in point. An original mod will probably have contacts made either silver or copper. The purity of that alloy will be in the range 0f 99 - 100%

Sure a clone of it will have copper contacts too, some where around 2 - 5% of it actually being copper. Any idea what this does to voltage drop? Why would you want a car that looked like a Porche, until you popped the hood and found a lawnmower underneath. Any idea how much of the actual experience of vaping a mech you've just gone and thrown out the window. It might change your entire perspective of mechs and you might chose to never try them again, or tell your friends not to do it either and so start a chain link of people who might have bought mechs, but now never will due to your experience with junk.

What was I on about....
Damn, my coffee got cold.

Last edited:
Spiri, you're the second guy that refrigerates his e-liquids and has a problem, it should be stored in a cool dark place :) Liqua has a higher PG ratio, not higher VG.

With regards fake Liqua's, yes, they are everywhere. Even in Canal Walk, Century City, CT's biggest mall, specifically in both the Skywalk's, Egyptians selling Hookah products and fake Liqua. I agree with @Revn, it makes me really mad as you see people purchasing these products , and after the terrible experience they're about to encounter, they will never recommend an ecig, or want one again, and they will generalize, telling everyone that ecigs are crap, and will probably end up going back to analogues.

With regards to you guys knocking China, thats not fair. There are many companies in China that helped revolutionize the vaping industry. Heck, it was a Chinese pharmacist who brought vaping into the Mainstream, we should all be thankful. The original Liqua, Innokin, Kangertech, Vision, are all companies in China that i have huge respect for as they have made huge contributions in the world of ecigs.

NB : to check whether you have fake Liqua, check the nozzle, it should be a flexible silica tip, and not a hard plastic one. The smell of the fakes are also horrific, like medicine or chemically, but you will probably only know once you have smelt the real deal.

@RevnLucky7 I agree with most of your views and liked your post. Sorry your coffee got cold ;-) I do think that most often, you get what you pay for. There are some exceptions but they are few and far between. Loved your Porsche/lawnmower analogy ;-)

@Zodiac, I also appreciate your point of view and do agree that knocking China is not the answer to this at all. As you say, many Chinese companies have contributed greatly. Also, China is here to stay and will continue improving and getting stronger. It's not going away.

Also, thanks @Zodiac for the check on the fake Liqua juices. Glad to say my bottles all have the flexible silicon tip on the nozzle. Some of them still smell and taste quite "chemically" or like medicine - LOL.

@Zodiac. I only started keeping my juice in the fridge about a month ago, so for me the Liqua was bad even before refrigeration. My nozzle tips are flexible silica and I bought it from one of the vendors on this forum whom I trust.
I do get what you're saying though with it being the opposite to steaping, thanks for the tip.

also another way to check the fonts is a bit different there is also a hologram on the newer liqua bottles

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Hi all

After reviewing the Vapour Mountain Taurus (Energy Drink) juice I decided to vape the Liqua Energy Drink flavour to make for a direct comparison. I had ordered a 30ml bottle of this but it has been standing for over a month until now.

I am not sure what the PG/VG ratio is since it's not marked on the bottle, but its nicotine strength is 18mg/ml. I bought the 30ml bottle from eCiggies for R120. I will do the review of the juice first then touch on some of the differences against the VM Taurus.

Liqua ENERGY DRINK (18mg)

It's nice but not amazing.

The energy drink flavour is there immediately. Quite sweet but I appreciate the sour notes too. The flavour is of reasonable strength. It is quite "punchy" but not overpowering. It's a pleasant vape. Not artificial tasting. The aftertaste is mild and disappears quickly.

It's a reasonable version of Energy Drink but my taste buds are still asking for something a bit more vibrant - and maybe slightly more sour and less sweet. But that is my personal preference.

I found it produced good vapour but I was disappointed with the low throat hit. Multiple drags helped the throat hit a bit but not much.

Overall, it's quite nice but nothing amazing. I won't be re-ordering.

Equipment used: Protank 2 Mini, Standard 2.2 ohm coil (measuring 2.0 ohms on the Sigelei ohm meter), Vision Spinner VV battery set to 4.0 Volts (implying about 8.0 Watts).

Packaging
The Liqua bottle is quite well packaged in my opinion. The label is good and the spout works fine. It has a "child deterrent" cap. The bottle is in a cardboard box, which helps with storage.

In comparison with Vapour Mountain Taurus (18mg)
- I prefer the Liqua version slightly, but not by much
- The Liqua is a little bit sweeter than the VM Taurus but makes up for it with the added sour notes, which I like.
- The Liqua didn't have the artificial taste I picked up in the VM Taurus
- While both are not amazing for me, I found the Liqua slightly more punchy and vibrant.

I found my tastebuds get used to the Liqua juices very quickly , the first couple of hits are good , then the taste gets a lot more subtle as time wears on . I've had 2 bottles of coffee and vanilla sitting for about 2 months now , i found the vanilla almost too "creamy" . I love an Apple vape , and so far the Liqua apple is the best one I've tried (Vape Africa & Vape Mob being the other 2 I tried )
I go use alot of the Liqua Cola , Cola is my adv , but the Hangsen Cola is better IMO , but it's a very thin liquid and I seem to go thru alot of it very quickly .
I've found most of "berry" type Liqua's pretty flavourless ....

howsit guys

quick question, liqua traditional tobacco VS liqua turkish tobacco, whats the difference?

howsit guys

quick question, liqua traditional tobacco VS liqua turkish tobacco, whats the difference?
Traditional tobacco has a drier, more pipe tobacco taste, whereas Turkish tobacco has a sweet, exotic tobacco taste. I personally prefer Turkish Tobacco :)

I have been vaping mostly Liqua for the last 3 months. I cannot seem to find a real liking to a single flavour. However, I have found a combo that has been my ADV for this 3 months - 40% Turkish + 40% mixed berry + 20% Vanilla. I also like Turkish 80% mixed with 20% Vapemob mango as well as Liqua Mixed Berry 70% + Vapemob blueberry 30% or if I feel like a slight sour note I mix 70% Twisp strawberry + 30% Vapemob blueberry. Also these combo's are just OK in my protank2 mini (at 4.2-4.5V) but taste really really good in my maxi at 3.7V

im using up the last of my liqua at the moment.

time to get some of the real stuff (after vaping for 10 months and using Liqua exclusively)

time to get some of the real stuff (after vaping for 10 months and using Liqua exclusively)

ive only used liqua , cola menthol cherry grape were my fav

traditional tob was the worst

also used hangsen , will not be ordering again

vape juices - will not be ordering again

That is a lot of dedication to one brand :)

That is a lot of dedication to one brand :)

i know i know, ive finally decided to venture into a new level.

thing is, i started with it, and didnt really try anything else, if anything else at all.

it did the job and kept me off stinkies. now that i know im well off it i can start exploring.

now that i have a RBA, and flavor became important, i feel the need to get quality juices.

Be careful on your quest for new flavours and new juice... I have found that most of the Juices available are pretty KAK! I just emptied 4 x mPT2 tanks down the drain and cleaned them... was bored this morning so started testing some of the juices I have been getting...

Be careful on your quest for new flavours and new juice... I have found that most of the Juices available are pretty KAK! I just emptied 4 x mPT2 tanks down the drain and cleaned them... was bored this morning so started testing some of the juices I have been getting...

before you go dumping those 20/30mls down the drain , send them my way :D

I doubt ill drive 700kms to attend , im sukkeling to get a chance to attend the jhb one !

Back