MMA & Boxing thread

2 fighters who also love to give the fans a show and aren't afraid to swing balls to the wall

Has anyone heard anything about Diaz not fighting tomorrow or pulling out or going awol? I saw a tweet from Cowboy Cerrone saying something like.. "in all honesty, if Diaz doesn't show I'll gladly fight Silva tomorrow night". (Gotta love Cerrone - the guy's fought twice in 3 weeks!). Nothing on UFC's site though except that Diaz missed a public training session or something

Anderson Silva beat Nick Diaz, unanimous decision after 5 rounds. Not a bad comeback for this almost 40 Brazilian.

Anderson Silva beat Nick Diaz, unanimous decision after 5 rounds. Not a bad comeback for this almost 40 Brazilian.
Entertaining main card and main event. Wonder what's next for Silva... Rockhold? Belfort? GSP? retire?

To be honest...I have no idea who would be a good match up for GSP. He is unstoppable at the moment

GSP is retired. He is a point fighter though I don't really enjoy his fights. The silva diaz fight was disappointing for me too as I expected more action. Stylistically it was a bad matchup

Did he retire? fook...haven't kept up with news, only watching ufc episodes...my bad

Did he retire? fook...haven't kept up with news, only watching ufc episodes...my bad
I think it was more of a break than retirement for GSP - he'll attempt to come back. A fight with Silva could bring anyone out of retirement as we saw. But who knows. I agree with @eviltoy - point fighter through and through and he became a little boring to watch. Great fight for Anderson though, ending a career beating another hall of famer (he would always have destroyed GSP imo). I think they will pit Silva against Belfort though, or possibly Bisping.

I like the unexpected, mixed weight division fights best. Why not see Anderson take on Fedor in a UFC cage! Going after Weidmans belt is not a good idea

How about Anderson1 vs Anderson2 (aka the most exciting fighter on the planet). Worth watching ALL of this guys fights if you haven't already, but here's a 4 minute highlight reel. His name is Michael Page and he's hasn't fought in the UFC (yet)

How about Anderson1 vs Anderson2 (aka the most exciting fighter on the planet). Worth watching ALL of this guys fights if you haven't already, but here's a 4 minute highlight reel. His name is Michael Page and he's hasn't fought in the UFC (yet)

Love his confidence and speed.

My money is on there will be a finish. Mcgreggor is a beast though

Just wish we didn't have to wait until July. How do you see it panning out @johan ?

Jose Aldo has a track record of note, but McGregor is very hungry and I will chance me money on the latter.

Thought I'd re-ignite this thread with a few good fights coming up..
Last night Luke Rockhold dominated Machida and submitted him in the second round. Rather upsetting as I was strongly routing for Machida. Rockhold is probably up next for a 185lb title shot, although it's a slight pity that Jacare isn't going to be next in line - he's the only person I see beating Weidman but thats just an opinion of course!

I agree @KB_314, I also initially thought Machida will do it. Weidman, who was sitting in the crowd, said on FOX’s post-event show that he first needs to focus on an upcoming title defense against Vitor Belfort, who two years ago handed Rockhold his first UFC loss. Weidman and Belfort meet on May 23 at UFC 187, but the winner of that bout could very well see Rockhold standing across from the cage.

A little bit off topic but 2 good boxing fights coming up soon:
  • 22 April 2015: Osaka, Japan, Juan Carlos Reveco v Kazuto Ioka (WBA 'regular' light-flyweight)
  • 24 April 2015: Chicago, USA, Anthony Dirrell v Badou Jack (WBC super-middleweight), Daniel Jacobs v Caleb Truax (WBA 'regular' middleweight)

A little bit off topic but 2 good boxing fights coming up soon:
  • 22 April 2015: Osaka, Japan, Juan Carlos Reveco v Kazuto Ioka (WBA 'regular' light-flyweight)
  • 24 April 2015: Chicago, USA, Anthony Dirrell v Badou Jack (WBC super-middleweight), Daniel Jacobs v Caleb Truax (WBA 'regular' middleweight)
Will watch out for those.
And of course, Mayweather vs Pacquaio on May 2nd

Will watch out for those.
And of course, Mayweather vs Pacquaio on May 2nd

They are going to make a killing:

"There are some on sale on the site right now for $19,000—per ticket. But there are no tickets. Buyers are bidding on “spec tickets” sold by people who don’t have them yet, but think they’ll get them. With two weeks to go before the fight, the venue still hasn’t put any actual tickets up for sale." (source: z.com/386604/tickets-to-mayweather-vs-pacquiao-dont-even-exist-but-theyre-selling-for-19000-each/)

Back