MMA & Boxing thread

MMA fans - After the rugby, at 7pm, South Africa's Garreth "Soldierboy" Mclellan fights in the opening bout at UFC Dublin. Hopefully it'll be a good day for us across the board!

12027762_1151869411507398_4413170743294368213_n.jpg
12045301_10153596151256276_7615243637892489984_o.jpg

Need to watch the fight been too busy with work to keep up

"Soldier Boy" in the UFC Dublin mma, gave bubba bush some couch lock with his left, left it to the bitter end though.. looked like 3 secs to go.

http://rgbculture.com/2015/10/25/vi...-an-epic-tko-finish-watch-the-full-fight-here
Yeah very exciting fight - thoroughly enjoyed it.
For me, Garreth showed great defence in the first round, considering he was underneath a BJJ blackbelt - he was never in danger or hurt, but he still probably lost the round based on Bush controlling position for most of the round - but as soon as he could, Garreth attacked the neck.
The second and third rounds though - very dominant and he was all set for the decision win imo. I love that he still pushed hard for a finish, and got it! Dana will have liked that too I'm sure ;)
Hopefully this was enough for Soldierboy to fight again soon, and maybe on the main card even.

Normally I dont watch, gets me too pumped to go sleep, but you commentary nudged me into the google "rabbit hole", and the rest, as they say, is history. :)

Normally I dont watch, gets me too pumped to go sleep, but you commentary nudged me into the google "rabbit hole", and the rest, as they say, is history. :)
lol - when I watch before bed, my better half complains that I start doing jiu jitsu and trying to arm-bar her in my sleep :p

Sad to see Ronda lose but she needed this to keep her hungry or she will never be ready for cyborg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

The only man to have fought both McGregor and Aldo offers his prediction (Video)

I totally disagree, Conor is in the best physical shape ever, and mentally he has already win, but that's just my opinion.

Twitter, The Notorious said: "It'll be a 'Beautiful Day' Saturday when I unify my belts for Ireland. Will my fellow countrymen U2 be watching UFC194?"#UFC194? #U2ieTour #U2onHBO
The band, who played four shows at the 3Arena last month, replied to their fellow Irish man in typical Irish fashion. They posted: "Beidh rírá agus ruaille buaille de satharn san Las Vegas! Éirí Conor Éirí!", meaning "The craic will be had in Las Vegas on Saturday. Rise Conor Rise!".

The only man to have fought both McGregor and Aldo offers his prediction (Video)

I totally disagree, Conor is in the best physical shape ever, and mentally he has already win, but that's just my opinion.

I like McGregor,he's a machine but Aldo is one tough SOB,should be good!

I like McGregor,he's a machine but Aldo is one tough SOB,should be good!

Its going to be epic - the best fight of the year along with the co-main event Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold. Obviously I am a Conor McGregor fan, but as you rightly said; its going to be tough, Jose Aldo is the longest reigning featherweight UFC champ after all, as well as the bookies favorite.

Its going to be epic - the best fight of the year along with the co-main event Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold. Obviously I am a Conor McGregor fan, but as you rightly said; its going to be tough, Jose Aldo is the longest reigning featherweight UFC champ after all, as well as the bookies favorite.
I'm primarily a boxing man but I like the way CM fights so with the big UK boxing bill tonight its a good weekend of sports for me.

With all that shit talk that mcgregor gave aldo "put you on my lap" etc he's pretty much painted himself into a corner, ie he'll have to win or get handed a lil kitty badge himself.
That said its probably also a mind game that they do, but I feel that if you're good enough you dont need to resort to underhanded tactics.

Weidman just lost his title by tko. Rockhold is the new champion

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

And the boy from the South of Dublin stood true to his word; defeating the 10 year reigning champ with a hit on the trip-switch within 13 seconds. Conor (Notorius) McGregor is the new UFC Featherweight champion.

KO.png

Back