NB!!! Cape Town Vape meet location

Marzuq

Goofy Guru
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
ok guys. the vape meet date is coming to a close.
so its time to get sorted on a location.
please submit any ideas you may have here.
the members who previously helped with the vape meet. your input here will be greatly appreciated.
just some guidance as to what should be considered and so forth.

Really guys? No suggestions? If we can't come up with any venue ideas, we might just have to go Capetonian and organize a braai in Oudekraal or something lol

I'll get the ball rolling though, how's the Hellenic Soccer Club in Green Point? It's a really nice venue, and if you wanna bring your kidz along, there's a little play park and some action soccer courts. There's also a bar right next to the function venue for those interested

Hows about a braai at Oudekrall :p Just kidding lol the hellenic soccer club is a great venue

Really guys? No suggestions? If we can't come up with any venue ideas, we might just have to go Capetonian and organize a braai in Oudekraal or something lol

@Natheer Mallick i get the feeling most of the guys arent keen on a vape meet in cape town. this thread is alive since friday morning and no feedback until now. im keen to get things going but support is seriously lacking. would hate to arrange a date and venue and we have all of 10 people show up

@Natheer Mallick i get the feeling most of the guys arent keen on a vape meet in cape town. this thread is alive since friday morning and no feedback until now. im keen to get things going but support is seriously lacking. would hate to arrange a date and venue and we have all of 10 people show up
Well then maybe something informal is the way to go then. Depending on how many people actually show interest, maybe we should just take a drive out to like Newlands Forest or something and just enjoy the day, instead of putting too much effort into having something structured. Or even just go to a coffee shop or something like the EC guys did. There's some nice places in the Rondebosch East area. Just a plan b...

This is how capetown works. Setup the meet and they will come.
Try find a venue that doesn't charge or charges very little get the vendors on board and you set.
Unfortunately I'm getting into my busy season so I can't set aside time to help organise this time round.

This is how capetown works. Setup the meet and they will come.
Try find a venue that doesn't charge or charges very little get the vendors on board and you set.
Unfortunately I'm getting into my busy season so I can't set aside time to help organise this time round.

@Gazzacpt ive been putting in the time to try and get feedback from members and vendors but i cant take it on my self to choose a date and a venue as that wouldnt be fair to members or vendors.

im gna change my vote to a informal vape breakfast soon

So if we consider the Nsuburbs, Legends in Edward street would be an option, seeing that the feedback is lacking.
I can go have a chat with the owner.
No use getting a big venue if we're only going to be a small group. @Metal Liz had some suggestions as well.
Where are the vendors?

Interested Capetonian here. Worrying whether the vendors will pitch if it's just an informal breakfast among ten people. The soccer club in Green Point is awesome..but NSuburbs would be good too.

Northern Suburbs is cool, but why be so far from the sea? The weather is good that time of the year. Just saying. Plus, where are the vendors? If they want to be able to have a meet where they can showcase and advertise their merchandise, then surely they need to play a role in the organizing of the event? Or how did you guys do it last time? Or, if it is as informal as suggested, they can still pitch up, they just will obviously not be able to showcase their merchandise as originally planned.

My vote would also be the venue in green point.

I see majority of you guys are from the north, sure there are a few of us in the south. Venue should be central.

Out vape meet is around the same time as many year end and staff functions so I reckon we should be booking real soon or we will lose out

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Location... My place!

If you would all please bring a household item along, it will be fully furnished in a day and then I wouldn't have to do squat.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in CT!

greenpoint sounds cool but wherever it is ill be there

greenpoint sounds cool but wherever it is ill be there
Me as well

Hellenic club would be perfect

Maybe a quick round of footie while we there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokai Forest is family Friendly... We can have a bring and braai and vendors can set up tables.. Hassle free and dirt cheap.

Tokai Forest is family Friendly... We can have a bring and braai and vendors can set up tables.. Hassle free and dirt cheap.
Baboons come visit there bru. Might not be a bad idea for a social gathering but for a vape meet we need an indoor area for vendors and cloud blowing comp. If its windy it won't be great and the South Easter howls that time of year.

Back