NB!!! Cape Town Vape meet location

If you guys want me to, I will chat to Barry, but he said last time that we are welcome to do it there anytime again :) So the chances are very good :rock:
We were around 65 peeps at that venue at the last meeting. Imo it was a bit crowded.

There are a few threads in this forum on the 2nd Cape Meet. Maybe a good idea to read up on them, e.g. competitions, draw, etc.

i was at the last meet. and it was in kromboom road at the lounge if im not mistaken.
wasnt the best venue and with the numbers over 40 already i think that might be a very tight fit

i was at the last meet. and it was in kromboom road at the lounge if im not mistaken.
wasnt the best venue and with the numbers over 40 already i think that might be a very tight fit
That was the first one second one was at the place in milnerton lizzy arranged.
Nice venue but got cramped because we growing in numbers

If you guys want me to, I will chat to Barry, but he said last time that we are welcome to do it there anytime again :) So the chances are very good :rock:

i think you should speak to Barry and get some details.
possibly max capacity and so on.
thanks @Metal Liz

i think you should speak to Barry and get some details.
possibly max capacity and so on.
thanks @Metal Liz
From out last experience, I would say 45 max in this location. All of those details (with photos of the location) is in the threads I referred to above.

From out last experience, I would say 45 max in this location. All of those details (with photos of the location) is in the threads I referred to above.
will have a look now thanks

i also vote braai. Or maybe on a nice wine farm like Diemersdal farm. We can do some vape and wine pairing:D

It's gonna need to be indoors for cloud competitions and I'm sure as vapers we're all gonna hate the wind.

Ok to move this along I suggest anyone that has a venue in mind call them find out if we can book it for a vape meet, lots of places won't allow you to vape inside and some won't book out most of the venue for an afternoon.

We need it to:
accommodate 80ppl
Section for vendors table I think 8 at the last meet.
And we need to be able to vape inside.

Post your findings here with regards to cost and availability. Remember its coming up to season and we need to get this nailed down asap.

It might be a cool idea to have it @ tokai forest maybe then we can convert more "people" (ie baboons) to vaping LOL J.K

Ok to move this along I suggest anyone that has a venue in mind call them find out if we can book it for a vape meet, lots of places won't allow you to vape inside and some won't book out most of the venue for an afternoon.

We need it to:
accommodate 80ppl
Section for vendors table I think 8 at the last meet.
And we need to be able to vape inside.

Post your findings here with regards to cost and availability. Remember its coming up to season and we need to get this nailed down asap.

I did try the Milnerton Cricket club, but they were already fully booked. But I do think that sports clubs are the way to go. They normally all have open spaces , plus an inside area with a bar.
There is another one in the northern suburbs I will try today, but if anyone has any contacts with sports clubs, let us know.

thanks to all the guys and gals helping with finding a location for our vape meet.
just a note to us all. the location will require a indoor section for vendors and cloud blowing competitions and so on so as much as we all really want to have a braai and enjoy the outdoor options, we need to keep this in mind. unfortunately this will rule out any of the parks and forest options

Okay, email sent to the Sunningdale sportsclub. I will let you guys know what they say as soon as they get back to me :rock:

Hi Guys and gals... I'm friends with a lady who owns Cafe 'Darts in Diep River... I'm sure she would accommodate the Vape Meet. It has an indoor and outdoor seating area. I can also ask if she wouldn't mind people bringing their own booze if that's what you are also looking to accommodate. It's a really nice place that offers food, beverages and cakes. Let me know if this is of any interest to you folks.

Back