Njord RDA - Group Buy

Thanx for understanding. Maybe something else will come across my path thats got little bit more reviews or so on... At the end of the day @GerritVisagie is getting one so ill just steal it from him if its nice coz he doesnt like single coil rdas lol.

Sent from my very old NOKIA 3510i

Go away Vulture of Mount Doom!
You have no powers here..
Get us some Good Boy Oak Aged with the money you're saving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look out for Mark Todd’s review which I hope he’ll do soon. In his latest vlog he mentioned as a first impression the same concern about struggling with flavour but said he was going to try more options before doing his review.
I like Oen, was really hoping his RDA succeeded...let’s see how other reviews turn out...

I wanted to jump in on the group buy because it looked interesting and I have watched Oen's videos. I am just wondering if that top bit of cotton going into the reservoir is not messing with the flavor of the tank. Would it not come in the way of the vapor heading out the drip tip? Also would it not be best to use some wire and poke it through the airflow holes to see what would be the ideal diameter coil for the perfect airflow. If you use too small you miss the coil completely because the airflow holes are slanted. Sort of like this Picasso drawing I did (obviously remove the wire after you determine the perfect coil size).

Njord (2).png

Last edited:
@Steyn777 hey brother, I.. Afraid I'm going to have to cancel my order as well, was hoping I don't have to but unfortunately I have a couple of other responsibilities I have to take care of first.
Sorry for the mess around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Steyn777 in light of the controversy surrounding this RDA, I am going to withdraw from this group buy. Besides the negative reviews, I also have concerns regarding the build quality. It seems Atom Vapes are rushing this out to market without proper QC. The fact that the designer of the RDA doesn't yet have a final release version when other reviewers have already received pre-production copies also raises red flags.

At this point I think it prudent to wait until the dust settles and we have had more feedback about the production release.

Hi @Steyn777

Am waiting to see if Mark Todd or other reviewers come to the same conclusion as Daniel.

Please withdraw me from this group buy for the meantime.
If any other reviews come out between now and when you order that are very positive, then I would like to reconsider it. Otherwise, leave me out for now.

Many thanks and apologies for the hassles - you had great intentions here and I appreciate your efforts on this.

Hi @Steyn777

Am waiting to see if Mark Todd or other reviewers come to the same conclusion as Daniel.

If any other reviews come out between now and when you order that are very positive, then I would like to reconsider it. Otherwise, leave me out for now.

Many thanks and apologies for the hassles - you had great intentions here and I appreciate your efforts on this.

@Silver Mark Todd won't be reviewing it. Too much drama and a real balls up by Atom Vapes.

Hi @Steyn777

@Silver I needed 10 for the buy, think it's safe to assume this buy is not happening.

Hi @Steyn777

@Silver I needed 10 for the buy, think it's safe to assume this buy is not happening.

Ok sorry @Steyn777 and to all the other guys that were on this buy
I hope my withdrawal wasnt the factor that made it not go ahead
Its just that I dont want to get it if a few reviewers are not happy with flavour.
As much as I like Mr Oen and his videos - I dont want to waste on something I probably wont enjoy
In any event, these bigger air devices are not really my thing - was just curious

Ok sorry @Steyn777 and to all the other guys that were on this buy
I hope my withdrawal wasnt the factor that made it not go ahead
Its just that I dont want to get it if a few reviewers are not happy with flavour.
As much as I like Mr Oen and his videos - I dont want to waste on something I probably wont enjoy
In any event, these bigger air devices are not really my thing - was just curious
@Silver was dead long before you withdrew and even so it would seem that it was for the best. No harm done, actually completely the opposite.

Now this is a different opinion than the others. From about 1h10min onwards Grim gives his first impression of the Njord.

Now this is a different opinion than the others. From about 1h10min onwards Grim gives his first impression of the Njord.

Well.....sh#t....lol. Will wait and see what they retail for closer to home, 1. Because that setup just looks fantastic. 2. That sound coming out of it is the comparison in RDA world to the DB9 Aston. 3. It's still a bloody interesting RDA.
It's so interesting learning that even something like the way you drag a RDA effects the flavour.
Thanks for the post @haruspex

Back