Should We Use Something Else Than The Evolv Dna 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guideline estimates for group buy:

The shipping price needs to be confirmed but I think it will be +- US$50 for 1st kilo. Taking into account the size of the chips we can ship plenty for a 1kg. (US$50 may be a bit high, it depends on the supplier's 'standing' with the courier)

Calculations at exchange rate R10.80.

If think we can get orders for at least 5 units (to be conservative) so US$275 plus shipping at $50, total US$325 or R3510
Import VAT at 14% on US$275 is R415.80
Add to that a R150 disbursement fee
Total of R4075.80
The per unit cost is then R815.16

Of course the more units ordered the lower the cost will be so unforeseen profits to go to the Rhino project?

I'm launching a web shop primarily to service the east rand next week, so I can run it via the shop for convenience and I'll also subsidise the credit card fees where needed, if this is acceptable?

Final estimates should be recalculated before taking the group buy 'live', of course ..

Whichever way this goes, count me in for 1.

Nice @JakesSA - your calculations are spot on - Aramex's as well as DHL's quote last week were exactly US$50 for max 1kg.

In this case it would be wise if shipping / payment / handling are done through your online shop as a start off?

That's what I thought, I have applied with the mods to have the shop listed a few days ago and its following due process at the moment but for the rest its ready to go.
I missed the fund raiser for Rhino so it would be nice for me to contribute something. :)

That's what I thought, I have applied with the mods to have the shop listed a few days ago and its following due process at the moment but for the rest its ready to go.
I missed the fund raiser for Rhino so it would be nice for me to contribute something. :)

Just pm @devdev he will give you all the info re the Rhino project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back