Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

Roger that... not very elegant but will certainly give it a go... I'm after the perfect Vape and the micro coil with cotton on the REO is pretty close... will try the Silica tomorrow! Thanks @devdev
I absolutely love my igo l on the nemesis, I usually vape a twisted 28 gauge coil, 2mm id and 5 wraps, comes to 0.5 ohms, cotton Wic and payow! Also drilled the igo l's air hole out to 2mm, makes a massive difference. This is currently my vaping navada. Very close, 2nd best for me is the Kayfun light, drilled air hole to 2.5mm and the same coil.

Majority prefers cotton, but there is a minority that loves silica. Here is the way Phil does it above on a Reo:

Majority prefers cotton, but there is a minority that loves silica. Here is the way Phil does it above on a Reo:

Wow not very elegant at all... Does one always dry burn silica?

One can dry burn it, but eventually it destroys its ability to wick and carry flavour.

Then it dies. But it is quite resilient

One can dry burn it, but eventually it destroys its ability to wick and carry flavour.

Then it dies. But it is quite resilient

So what he did there at the end of the video not a good idea? I just wondered why he did that? Didn't really make sense and I wondered if it NEEDED dry burning...

I think he was actually burning the Kanthal to get the residue from production off it

I think he was actually burning the Kanthal to get the residue from production off it
I wonder if he did not just pulse it a bit to make sure it did not have hot legs and hot spots? Dry burning is much more hectic. With such a coil you have to dry burn with the wick intact of course - that is now when you reckon the coil needs cleaning, which is less frequently than a micro coil. Micro coils gunk up far faster than such a coil. But it is way more fun to build a micro coil.

Done my first build on the Trident. Using the Private V2 just feels awesome. Mod and RDA made for each other.
I twisted 2 strands of 0.4x0.1 ribbon. Twisted another 2 strands 0.4x0.1 ribbon. Then I twisted the two twisters together. Alot of twisting! :D
+-2mm id coil with 5 wrapps came to 0.6 ohm.
@Silver, you will love this thing. Dripped it with Bowdens. The taste is intense! Nostrils still flaring from the bowdens mintyness. A taste beast!
Couldn't fit dual coils in the trident tho, but at least it caters for single coil builds as well.
20140408_192906.jpg

My gosh @TylerD, that looks amazing.
Need to try that riboon wire some time.
Thanks for sharing. Good close up photo

Done my first build on the Trident. Using the Private V2 just feels awesome. Mod and RDA made for each other.
I twisted 2 strands of 0.4x0.1 ribbon. Twisted another 2 strands 0.4x0.1 ribbon. Then I twisted the two twisters together. Alot of twisting! :D
+-2mm id coil with 5 wrapps came to 0.6 ohm.
@Silver, you will love this thing. Dripped it with Bowdens. The taste is intense! Nostrils still flaring from the bowdens mintyness. A taste beast!
Couldn't fit dual coils in the trident tho, but at least it caters for single coil builds as well.
View attachment 3576
Awesome coil dude! And great photo man! Where did you get Bowdens mate??

I use too build the IGO-L like Phil does it, it works well and lasts long and is easy to wash and change flavor vs. changing the cotton for flavor.

Regarding his loose sitting cap - I posted a fix a while back here.
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/igo-l-loose-sitting-cap.896/

This is my current micro coil 1.7 ohm

Great flavor and decent vapor production @ 15Watts on SVD

2014-04-09-09.14.37.jpg

That looks so much better.

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

Ok I made a Phil style coil with silica and the result was pretty kak! Very muted taste and little flavour... ripped it off and did a micro coil with cotton... ahhhhhh so much better! Now I need to experiment with a different amount of coil wraps etc...

The silica also appears easy to use and it is initially but when you trim it it starts to unwind and because a bit of a nightmare... so I'm going to pass on silica and stick with micro coils and cotton for now.

I'm glad I have some drippers coming to play with because I need to play but Erica needs to be operational because she is my vaping ***** 24/7. I wish they would hurry up and launch the new sub ohm REO so I can get a second one! In retrospect I should have bought two Reomisers at the time!

I think a spare Reomiser is a must looking at it. Will also be going for one, although the price is 1/5th of a Hana Mods 30 o_O

I think I just made the Holy Grail of coils in my Trident! Flavour TH and Vapour is amazing!!!! The vapour just doesn't end and its only 0.8Ohms! Will upload pics as soon as the wife has finished watching her tv series!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Herewith my Trident fellow drippers and forumites.

Dual coil double twisted 32g kanthal wrapped 6 times around a 1.2mm mandrel coming out at 0.6 ohms.

Trident Twisted Dual Side.jpg
Trident Twisted Dual Top.jpg
Trident Twisted Dual Wick.jpg
The flavour on this build is very pronounced at 8.2/10. Throat hit is unlike anything I've experienced before. Even a one second mouth-first inhale gives me a very proper hit. It's quite lovely and worthy of 9.3/10.

Looking forward to the holy grail @Hein510.

Enjoy your drippers mates!

Lovely @Reinvanhardt !
Am liking your reference to throat hit.
What juice were you vaping?

The colour of the cotton makes me think its Legends Guevara?

Lovely @Reinvanhardt !
Am liking your reference to throat hit.
What juice were you vaping?

The colour of the cotton makes me think its Legends Guevara?

Mmm... I wish! Vaping VM Strawberry with a hint of VM Menthol Ice. Will rewick later tonight and try VM4.

Edit: 18mg nic

Havent tried the VM Strawberry yet. Need to order some...

Havent tried the VM Strawberry yet. Need to order some...

You do Hi Ho... because it's such a normal flavour a lot of people overlook it... I also did and only when one of my converts raved about it did I pay it any attention... now I have an Aerotank on the MVP with it in permanently!

Ok so here is my Holy Grail coil inspired by @Smokyg
26g Kanthal
clamped a part of kanthal with the leatherman and started wrapping down the plier points, comes out looking like a Xmas tree, comes out to 0.8Ohms
After a whole lot of sqeezing and straightening so it wont touch the base of the Trident or the posts I wrapped the whole coil in cotton and left a small hole where the airhole sit exactly across from.
The vapor given off when firing is not a lot but when you take a drag the airflow going through makes huge vapor.

Also still wanna try wicking it from the inside to see what it does.
IMG-20140409-00705.jpg IMG-20140409-00707.jpg IMG-20140409-00709.jpg
Huge glowing coil!
IMG-20140409-00710.jpg
IMG-20140409-00711.jpg IMG-20140409-00712.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20140409-00706.jpg
    IMG-20140409-00706.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20140409-00708.jpg
    IMG-20140409-00708.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 23
Back