Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

0.8ohm trident dual coil build

utararub.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

1st coil attempt on my new trident

Dual 7 turns 32g on 2.4mm. Came to 1.7ohm, was aiming for around there as it's for the SVD.

Takes a little long to heat up but hits like a biatch.

Made the mistake of loading 18mg Guevara and pumping 15W... still suffering from the silver 15 mins later.

Any advise would be welcome.

IMG_20140416_013506_zpsyan53dff.jpg

IMG_20140416_013537_zpsdmehrmro.jpg

1st coil attempt on my new trident

Dual 7 turns 32g on 2.4mm. Came to 1.7ohm, was aiming for around there as it's for the SVD.

Takes a little long to heat up but hits like a biatch.

Made the mistake of loading 18mg Guevara and pumping 15W... still suffering from the silver 15 mins later.

Any advise would be welcome.

IMG_20140416_013506_zpsyan53dff.jpg

IMG_20140416_013537_zpsdmehrmro.jpg
Very difficult to get neat micro coils with 32 g, and a bigger ID makes it even more difficult. They tend to squash some. Maybe try thicker gauge (28 g is most popular) and a smaller ID (1.5 mm is most popular).

Very difficult to get neat micro coils with 32 g, and a bigger ID makes it even more difficult. They tend to squash some. Maybe try thicker gauge (28 g is most popular) and a smaller ID (1.5 mm is most popular).

Thanks @Matthee will try that. Was just worried about going below 1ohm as I wanted to push it to 15W on the SVD

Howzit 11 wraps on 1.5mm id with 28g will give you about 1.3 - 1.4ohm dual. SVD will fire that no problem.

Shot bud that sounds great

Howzit 12 wraps on 1.5mm id with 30g will give you about 1.3 - 1.4ohm dual. SVD will fire that no problem.

Edit. Had brain fart this should be right

No worries. I don't have 30g. Only 26, 28 & 32. But ill try more wraps on the 28.

Shot
28g at that high ohm you might be better off with single coil. Even with 2.4mm id on a dual you'll need 15 wraps a side, thats alot of wire

A 3-in-1: Vape Mail, build and impressions. The Igo-W dripper (normal 1 air hole stainless steel top cap and PPMA 2 air hole top cap) and the RaiVapes (Launcher V2) mech.

Build: Dual coils, 28 g Kanthal, 8 wraps each, 1.6 mm ID, 0.70 ohms. Ekowool 1 mm wick. Not too difficult to build, but like the Igo-L no post holes. The Igo-W provides a great vape.
SQXxTQ9.jpg

ds3EES4.jpg

B4lDqTT.jpg

Some 5Pawn Queenside
4Akhu6Y.jpg

qgxaNJs.jpg

The air holes in the PPMA top cap are about 1.5 mm (guess) and the one in the stainless steel cap around 1.0 mm. First time on double air holes and air holes of this size for me. The flavour with the PPMA top cap is at least 20 % better than on the other cap with the throat hit less intense on the former, but more than good enough. The draw on the airy top cap is so much more relaxed - I am considering bigger air holes on my other atomizers.
Zfl5MiN.jpg

I just love the fact that the firing button of the RaiVapes mech is flush with the bottom of the mech. You have no locking ring to forget to close and you can just put it down on your desk and it stays put. A real solid mech and a good buy imo. When I screwed the atty on there was quite a gap between the bottom of the dripper and the top of the mech - it was not nearly flush on the mech. Then found out is is very easy to adjust the center pin of the mech and voila it now sits flush.
B3htJBF.jpg

Fc0se2k.jpg

Last edited:
So once you get a REO, the bug still bites to buy new toys... good to know.

Brilliant review, thanks.

A 3-in-1: Vape Mail, build and impressions. The Igo-W dripper (normal 1 air hole stainless steel top cap and PPMA 2 air hole top cap) and the RaiVapes (Launcher V2) mech.

Build: Dual coils, 28 g Kanthal, 8 wraps each, 1.6 mm ID, 0.70 ohms. Not too difficult to build, but like the Igo-L no post holes. The Igo-W provides a great vape.
SQXxTQ9.jpg

ds3EES4.jpg

B4lDqTT.jpg

Some 5Pawn Queenside
4Akhu6Y.jpg

qgxaNJs.jpg

The air holes in the PPMA top cap are about 1.5 mm (guess) and the one in the stainless steel cap around 1.0 mm. First time on double air holes and air holes of this size for me. The flavour with the PPMA top cap is at least 20 % better than on the other cap with the throat hit less intense on the former, but more than good enough. The draw on the airy top cap is so much more relaxed - I am considering bigger air holes on my other atomizers.
Zfl5MiN.jpg

I just love the fact that the firing button of the RaiVapes mech is flush with the bottom of the mech. You have no locking ring to forget to close and you can just put it down on your desk and it stays put. A real solid mech and a good buy imo. When I screwed the atty on there was quite a gap between the bottom of the dripper and the top of the mech - it was not nearly flush on the mech. Then found out is is very easy to adjust the center pin of the mech and voila it now sits flush.
B3htJBF.jpg

Fc0se2k.jpg
Very neat coils that @Matthee ! Wow! I also like to centre the coils.
I really love the Raivapes Launcher although I just had it for like 3 days. Tried to order another one, but the restocking was tacking forever!
I have the exact same PMMA cap, and it is quite nice. Lets more light into the dripper. I like seing the inside and where I drip.
I got the Igo-W from fasttech that do have the post holes. It makes a big difference. I tend to play more with coils when there is post holes.
And thank for the Launcher V2 "toffie". :D

Super info @Matthee , thanks
Interesting how you liked the bigger dual airholes
And the Raivapes mod sounds super

Looks awesome! Sounds like the IGO-W and Raivapes is a winning combo. Love the PMMA tank on there.

Beautiful symmetrical coiling and the combination of the Igo-W & RaiVape looks stunning.

Super info @Matthee , thanks
Interesting how you liked the bigger dual airholes
And the Raivapes mod sounds super
Yip, methinks the Launcher V2 (RaiVapes) will be right up you alley. Maybe not the most elegant mech around, but real stable where you put it down and no danger of firing on its own. About 10 mm shorter than the Smok Magneto. Prefer it to the Magneto, K100 or Nemesis. From all I have read on this forum the Nemesis is totally overrated.
The draw on the big, double air holes is totally different - a softer draw and hits one more to the top of the mouth and feels as if it covers more taste areas resulting in better flavour.

Back