Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

Very neat coils that @Matthee ! Wow! I also like to centre the coils.
I really love the Raivapes Launcher although I just had it for like 3 days. Tried to order another one, but the restocking was tacking forever!
I have the exact same PMMA cap, and it is quite nice. Lets more light into the dripper. I like seing the inside and where I drip.
I got the Igo-W from fasttech that do have the post holes. It makes a big difference. I tend to play more with coils when there is post holes.
And thank for the Launcher V2 "toffie". :D
Thanks. Do you maybe have a link to that one with the post holes? Yeah, that almost red pointed "toffie", lol. They send my Launcher separately because of restocking, but I have learnt lots of slowtech patience.

Thanks. Do you maybe have a link to that one with the post holes? Yeah, that almost red pointed "toffie", lol. They send my Launcher separately because of restocking, but I have learnt lots of slowtech patience.
I had the other one in my basket and the day I wanted to order, they came in with this on the new arrivals. Got it instead. It even looks like the real macoy. Box and everything. The airholes are just very small! Atleast 2 holes and it's easier to make them bigger than to bore a new hole.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1624300

I had the other one in my basket and the day I wanted to order, they came in with this on the new arrivals. Got it instead. It even looks like the real macoy. Box and everything. The airholes are just very small! Atleast 2 holes and it's easier to make them bigger than to bore a new hole.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1624300
Thanks, residing in my wish list.

@Matthee you killing me here!!!

just added the launcher to my wishlist now, so its just a matter of time before i pull the trigger on this bad boy

*note to self: try to be less passively convinced to buy vape gear

@Matthee you killing me here!!!

just added the launcher to my wishlist now, so its just a matter of time before i pull the trigger on this bad boy

*note to self: try to be less passively convinced to buy vape gear
After you Nemesis episode this should be a need, not a want, and an actively convinced case:D.

After you Nemesis episode this should be a need, not a want, and an actively convinced case:D.
dammit

fine, ill order it just to keep you happy LOL

(will do so end of the month)

whats the size difference between this and the nemesis?

do you maybe have a pic of them in 18650 mode side by side?

whats the size difference between this and the nemesis?

do you maybe have a pic of them in 18650 mode side by side?
Only have a lot of knowledge from this forum about the Nemesis, do not own one. But the Launcher V2 is exactly 100mm long in 18650 mode, if that helps.

Thanks for the reviews @Matthee. It seems that the Launcher V2 has raised the bar on $20 - $30 mechs. Very Enticing! Congrats on the new gear. An excellent purchase in my opinion.

Trident. 0.9x0.1 Robbon Kanthal single twisted. 0.6 ohm dual.
Much beter than just wrapping the flat kanthal around. Getting some nice flavour and TH. Nice thick clouds as well. Turned just before a Silver.
Took the top cotton of because I got juice in my mouth.
20140419_083229.jpg

Trident. 0.9x0.1 Robbon Kanthal single twisted. 0.6 ohm dual.
Much beter than just wrapping the flat kanthal around. Getting some nice flavour and TH. Nice thick clouds as well. Turned just before a Silver.
Took the top cotton of because I got juice in my mouth.
View attachment 4169
Again, as many have mentioned, surprised how I can think a coil is beautiful! But these surely are - just look at that symmetry!

Awesome @TylerD - I just wondering if some spacing between the wraps could improve flavour?

So i saw a pic of someone using mesh for a wick on a Igo-l. And since i got some mesh from @johan, i Thought is will give it a go.
Wrapped the mesh around some cotton.
20140418_143735.jpg20140418_143755.jpg

looked awesome. 28g. 2mm ID, 6/7 Wraps, 0.75 ohms. Fire in the whole...
20140418_143816(0).jpg 20140418_144204.jpg

And then the Blerry thing shorted, and burnts of the one leg(not sure if you can see the leg seprated from the coil)
20140418_144242.jpg
Need some advice here...obviously should not dry burn while the (Metal) mesh is touching the base.
how will i get this to work?

so since my mesh experiment failed...went on to do this....
double twisted 28g dual coil. 6/7 wraps, 0.5 ohms
This thing chucks vapor(so much so, that i couldn't take a proper pic of it)...but it is very heavy on the lungs.
20140418_232221.jpg20140418_233043.jpg20140418_233051.jpg ??

Mesh can be a complete pain. I would have done the same

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So i saw a pic of someone using mesh for a wick on a Igo-l. And since i got some mesh from @johan, i Thought is will give it a go.
Wrapped the mesh around some cotton.
View attachment 4257View attachment 4259

looked awesome. 28g. 2mm ID, 6/7 Wraps, 0.75 ohms. Fire in the whole...
View attachment 4258 View attachment 4256

And then the Blerry thing shorted, and burnts of the one leg(not sure if you can see the leg seprated from the coil)
View attachment 4255
Need some advice here...obviously should not dry burn while the (Metal) mesh is touching the base.
how will i get this to work?
Did you oxidize the mesh and do the juice burn beforehand?

Did you oxidize the mesh and do the juice burn beforehand?
Oxidize..i take you mean burning the thing with a torch?? yes i did...
Juice burn? i dont know what this is, but i dont think did. i did a dry burn, and then it popped the coil.

Juice burn? i dont know what this is, but i dont think did. i did a dry burn, and then it popped the coil.
Juice burn - juice the wick and burn till flame goes out. Repeat 4-5 times.
This however can't be done with the cotton inner.

Once you have rolled it, you need to put a few drops of any old juice on it, then burn the juice off, repeat 3 times. That obviously won't work with the cotton in there. My guess is that you did not oxidize well enough, but who knows. I oxidize after rolling, as the rolling action can disturb the oxidation if done on the flat. Again, probably not workable with a cotton inner.

so..
need to take out the cotton(not needed)...roll the thing...burn it dry...put some juice on...burn it some more and more and more...
then put in on the dripper....juice it...burn it...no short...?

I oxidise my mesh by rolling it up and torching it, then juicing it up and burning the juice off a couple of times and then lastly I roll a small layer of cotton around the head that's gonna sit in the coil. Works great!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Back