Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

I am having some spare time atm and decided to recoil a RDA, here it goes:

32g NiCr wire (0.20mm) twisted in the Origen dripper. Must say the wire was a bit springy, need TLC to get it fairly decent. The coils need a start up, but omg....once its going it does a serious plume (and a bit of a Silver :sweating:)

Here is my photo shoot:

20140429_130852.jpg 20140429_131002.jpg 20140429_131501.jpg 20140429_132834.jpg 20140429_133329.jpg
the pull was a moderate one, after 2 pre firing shots. Finally I found some use for the 0.20mm wire :)

Awesome @Tom - can you enlighten me on the difference between NiCr vs Kanthal wire, vaping wise?

Awesome @Tom - can you enlighten me on the difference between NiCr vs Kanthal wire, vaping wise?
i don't really know....got this with the Kayfun from SvoeMesto. There is a difference in the resistance tho. but taste wise i think its the same. some peeps mentioned that it might give a metallic taste, but i do believe that its a general error that can happen with Kanthal as well: if your wire, regardless what kind, does not touch the wick properly it will taste metallic.

... I'd just wish this clone mech mod would fire properly all the time :banghead:

cannot wait for the Vanilla, but there is a public holiday on Thursday. So, it probably only gets here on Friday or Saturday

... I'd just wish this clone mech mod would fire properly all the time :banghead:

cannot wait for the Vanilla, but there is a public holiday on Thursday. So, it probably only gets here on Friday or Saturday

A tip on the clone mod: get yourself some contact cleaner from any electronic or electrical shop. Spray the contact cleaner on all contacts including threads, wipe down clean - I do it once every fortnight and benefit at least 10 to 20mV on voltage drop. There should be a Conrad outlet close to you: http://www.conrad.de

A tip on the clone mod: get yourself some contact cleaner from any electronic or electrical shop. Spray the contact cleaner on all contacts including threads, wipe down clean - I do it once every fortnight and benefit at least 10 to 20mV on voltage drop. There should be a Conrad outlet close to you: http://www.conrad.de

I take it that one could use contact cleaner on the Nemesis and SVD for better performance?

I take it that one could use contact cleaner on the Nemesis and SVD for better performance?

Yip - I use it on my Nemesis clone as well as RBA's & RDA's 510 connectors. You will be surprised how smooth the threads on a clone become.

Yip - I use it on my Nemesis clone as well as RBA's & RDA's 510 connectors. You will be surprised how smooth the threads on a clone become.
where can one buy these cleaners?

Most importantly; dismantle the switch completely and clean out properly - that's exactly where most carbon deposits build up and consequently most of energy is lost or voltage drop occurs.

wow...with this setup I just made and a newly found Whiskey vape.....I am in heaven! Gotta say....that Whiskey is coming really close to the real thing. bought it in an offline store, after testing it there.

20140429_142333.jpg

on the right hand side its Eggnog from the same supplier...even better then the Whiskey. Both got a alcoholic taste to it, although no alcohol has been used for mixing.

wow...with this setup I just made and a newly found Whiskey vape.....I am in heaven! Gotta say....that Whiskey is coming really close to the real thing. bought it in an offline store, after testing it there.

View attachment 4532

on the right hand side its Eggnog from the same supplier...even better then the Whiskey. Both got a alcoholic taste to it, although no alcohol has been used for mixing.
Wow, see you have now seriously converted to the very dark side of resistance. Does make a huge difference on some juices - think the dual coils also plays a role. Been vaping 5P Queenside at 0.6 in the Aqua and it is awesome. Was just ok in other single coil atomizers. Those spirit flavourants are good, have used them to flavour my home made distillates.

Wow, see you have now seriously converted to the very dark side of resistance. Does make a huge difference on some juices - think the dual coils also plays a role. Been vaping 5P Queenside at 0.6 in the Aqua and it is awesome. Was just ok in other single coil atomizers. Those spirit flavourants are good, have used them to flavour my home made distillates.
i could not resist the dark side :devil:

it does make a difference for a lot of juices. and with the various decent devices I got now I can adjust. All of those have different setups now, from 1.6 ohm in the Kayfun, 1 ohm single in the Igo-L, 0.8 ohm double Aqua to the 0.4 ohm twisted double in the Origen. The choice is mine ;-)

@Tom, i am so happy for you that you have all your resistances set up and that you are finding juices you like.
Cant believe how things have advanced since those early days just about 6 months ago.

By the way, regarding that 1 ohm single on the IGO-L, is that the standard airhole or did you enlarge it?

@Tom, i am so happy for you that you have all your resistances set up and that you are finding juices you like.
Cant believe how things have advanced since those early days just about 6 months ago.

By the way, regarding that 1 ohm single on the IGO-L, is that the standard airhole or did you enlarge it?
thanks m8. yeah, things are coming together nicely now.

The airhole is 1.5mm. for a single "normal" ohm value its good like that. The vape is not too hot, and it produces enough plumes ;) This is my "for work" as well as "going for a jol" device....its small in combination with the Nemesis and I won't be devastated if it breaks or if its lost.

used my new 27g kanthal wire to recoil the Enigma. Decent 8 wrap coil on a 2mm drill bit, ended up @0.4 ohms. Loaded with my special occasion juice, Gambit. What a vape that is! The 27g is so easy to handle, it almost does not require any shaping.

20140501_132606.jpg

I had the Igo-L with me last night, using it for the first time in about 2 weeks. I must say now that even the 1.5mm enlarged airhole is not good enough anymore. I have been using the Origen and the Enigma with the AFC fully open and I prefer now the open draw.
So, I will go for a 2mm opening on the Igo-L. Asap.

used my new 27g kanthal wire to recoil the Enigma. Decent 8 wrap coil on a 2mm drill bit, ended up @0.4 ohms. Loaded with my special occasion juice, Gambit. What a vape that is! The 27g is so easy to handle, it almost does not require any shaping.

View attachment 4596
Awesome coiling there @Tom

OK let's try build a dual coil on my brand new iGo-W. Out with all my new tools I bought the other day to fix the screws that were too sharp... gently files each screw and finished off with a emery board... cool that feels better. Let's get out all the coil making stuff and cut enough kanthal for two micro coils. Make the first coil and put it onto the one screw leaving the center post loose for the next coil... so far so good... this is further than we got last time... make the next coil and now threading the leg through the center and of course it go through the hole and catches the other coil on the other side... with that little pressure the leg breaks on the other coil! What a piece of crap! And that piece of crap came all the way from the USA! :-@

IGO-W 001.JPG

Epic fail! :swear:

Sounds more like a wire cutter than a RDA you bought Rob

bored....wanted to make a fancy coil. 4x 0.30mm 10 wraps each. 0.45 ohms. 6mg Eggnog juice. busy doing a Silver....

20140504_191205.jpg 20140504_192554.jpg 20140504_194415.jpg 20140504_195500.jpg ??????

Back