Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

Dual coil - 1.5mm ID 28g 6/7 wraps each should get you to around 0.5ohm.

Does your Patriot have a single airhole? I found running dual coils sub-ohm I had to add a second hole and open them both to 1.6mm

ok Guys

so i had some 26G laying around and decided to do a pretty build.
9 wraps on 2mm drill with dual coil came to a nice 0.6Ohms :)

please let me know if the wicking is looking better now?

i must admit, these coils do look pretty sweet, unfortunately i could not fire them as the SVD wont run 0.6Ohms :(

20140522_151328.jpg 20140522_151857.jpg 20140522_153159.jpg 20140522_153213.jpg 20140522_153407.jpg 20140522_153723.jpg 20140522_153739.jpg

Need a mech for that Peter. Or the new hanamods coming in

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

so you built the coils, but now cannot use them?

Need a mech for that Peter. Or the new hanamods coming in

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
im contemplating a hammer mod, as i will be using a 18350 batt, so at 3.7V i must stay below 10.5A.
so if im correct 3.7V on the 0.6Ohm coil will pull 6.17A from the battery :)

I know a good fix for the voltage drop on the hammer mod.;)

Rather use 4.2V / 0.6 Ohm = 7A - you can do
well seeing as i will use it in a mech, wont it just pull the max voltage from the battery, which in this case is 3.7v i think... im talking about a purple efest 18350 batt

ok Guys

so i had some 26G laying around and decided to do a pretty build.
9 wraps on 2mm drill with dual coil came to a nice 0.6Ohms :)

please let me know if the wicking is looking better now?

i must admit, these coils do look pretty sweet, unfortunately i could not fire them as the SVD wont run 0.6Ohms :(

View attachment 5312 View attachment 5313 View attachment 5314 View attachment 5315 View attachment 5316 View attachment 5317 View attachment 5318
Great coiling. Difficult to judge the wicking if juiced up, looks ok to me.

well seeing as i will use it in a mech, wont it just pull the max voltage from the battery, which in this case is 3.7v i think... im talking about a purple efest 18350 batt

Only use fully charged number to enable safety margin, once you fire it will drop to less than 3.7V due to battery's internal resistance.

Only use fully charged number to enable safety margin, once you fire it will drop to less than 3.7V due to battery's internal resistance.
ok so how would i use 4.2V like you suggested? or is it irrelevant if i use a mech mod

do share....

Kinda hard to explain, but involve opening the delrin piece in the 510 connection. Taking out the spring, wind a coil using copper wire on a 1mm drill bit. Placing the copper coil/spring inside the existing spring, and popping everything back together. Then it hits like the Nemi.

ok so how would i use 4.2V like you suggested? or is it irrelevant if i use a mech mod

No, 4.2V is the fully charged battery voltage without load, and merely theoretical, (i.e if we talk about a car battery being 12V, it is actually more like 13.8V when measured without load)

found some old tiny wire lying around so messed about since i haven't done a froggy coil before, here is my first parallel coil. paralled double twisted 35 gauge kanthal. doesn't graft as well as i wanted it to so next i'll make it into a protank coil :)

Untitled.jpg

My first sub-ohm dual coil setup on the Infinite Stillare clone I got today:
IMAG0272.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg
Just a basic setup, 2 x 28G, 1.5mm ID, 10 wraps each. Came to 0.69 ohms. Coils are on the same level as the air intakes and she vapes like a beast.

nice one. think my next coil will also be going back to a smaller inner diameter for my dripper

Great looking setups @denizenx and @Rex_Bael! Awesome photography too! It's great to see the W3 get more playtime. Good job on getting that parallel coil so neat with that 35g!

Rex that Stillare looks fantastic! Did you grab that from Fasttech? I was thinking of acquiring the Quasar, looks much the same. What made you decide on the Stillare? Do you have another dripper you can compare this one to?

I got it from a site called White Stag Vapor in the US(http://www.whitestagvapor.com/). I pre-ordered the black copper Stingray clone from them before it was available everywhere and picked the Stillare up to go with it.

Rip recommended the Stillare which is what sealed the deal. It checked all the boxes, three posts, adjustable airflow, several good reviews, 22mm. The Atomic would have been first choice since it also supports single coil setups.

The Quasar looks good. The airflow looks like it might be a tad smaller, but that might be a good thing. The Stillare is very airy. Even with the airflow almost closed, it still feels airy. With the airflow completely open, lung hits are the only option.

The only other dripper I have experienced is the ERA clone from Vape King which is simply not in the same league. I honestly thought I had made a mistake ordering the Stillare after using the ERA and felt that dripping was not for me. Now I get why people rave about drippers.

I got it from a site called White Stag Vapor in the US(http://www.whitestagvapor.com/). I pre-ordered the black copper Stingray clone from them before it was available everywhere and picked the Stillare up to go with it.

Rip recommended the Stillare which is what sealed the deal. It checked all the boxes, three posts, adjustable airflow, several good reviews, 22mm. The Atomic would have been first choice since it also supports single coil setups.

The Quasar looks good. The airflow looks like it might be a tad smaller, but that might be a good thing. The Stillare is very airy. Even with the airflow almost closed, it still feels airy. With the airflow completely open, lung hits are the only option.

The only other dripper I have experienced is the ERA clone from Vape King which is simply not in the same league. I honestly thought I had made a mistake ordering the Stillare after using the ERA and felt that dripping was not for me. Now I get why people rave about drippers.

Cool man! Thanks for the info and your thoughts. Glad you're enjoying the dripping experience :)

Would you mind disclosing what you paid for shipping please?

Cool man! Thanks for the info and your thoughts. Glad you're enjoying the dripping experience :)

Would you mind disclosing what you paid for shipping please?

Way too much? If I had realized at the time how quickly clones populate the market, I would probably have waited for Fasttech. The Black Copper Stingray clone was the first mech I saw that really appealed to me though and they were the only ones selling it at the time. Ended up paying $42.50 for shipping. Justified it by comparing the price of the mod plus shipping with what I would pay for a Magneto or a Hammer mod.

This is my Trident.

Didn't rebuild the coil as it's brand new.

But pulled the wick and replaced it with cotton.
Reads as 0.8 ohms.

Firing it on my K100.
uploadfromtaptalk1401010336513.jpg

Igo-L new para coil 6 wraps 28g 1.5mm 0.45ohm. Rather warm vape and chucks serious clouds.
uploadfromtaptalk1401045693114.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Back