Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

Supreme coiling Tom! It must vape like a beast. How's the TH at 6mg?
Thx, 6mg is more then enough. AFC completely open, direct lung inhale

edith says: its a juice gobbler....cant keep up with the dripping. nice Sunday evening treat.

Awesome coiling - I have not enough dexterity to even try that.
a third hand would have helped, but the 2 screwdrivers and all held in position with one hand and the other one tightening the screws were doing the trick, just. took me about half an hour to build, including adjustments and wicking.

OK let's try build a dual coil on my brand new iGo-W. Out with all my new tools I bought the other day to fix the screws that were too sharp... gently files each screw and finished off with a emery board... cool that feels better. Let's get out all the coil making stuff and cut enough kanthal for two micro coils. Make the first coil and put it onto the one screw leaving the center post loose for the next coil... so far so good... this is further than we got last time... make the next coil and now threading the leg through the center and of course it go through the hole and catches the other coil on the other side... with that little pressure the leg breaks on the other coil! What a piece of crap! And that piece of crap came all the way from the USA! :-@

View attachment 4679

Epic fail! :swear:

LOL!!! Easy fix Rob. After you put in the first coil and tighten the outside leg either push the coil below or above the screw hole. Then trim the middle leg. I usually cut it off flush (on the side of the second coil ofcourse). Then insert the second coil . The middle leg will then slide past the first coil. Tighten the outer leg of the second coil then pull the middle leg up vertically so you can trim it without cutting the first coil. Tighten the centre screw. Position the coils where you want them (I insert a screwdriver in the coil and use that to position it) and then simply insert your cotton or wick....

upload_2014-5-5_0-9-12.png

Igo-L...Plaited 32g 4 wrap coil 0.7 ohm...just for fun.
Not easy to plait though
uploadfromtaptalk1399490447619.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399490461093.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

i did a parallel coil last week, 30g kanthal, 8 wraps, came out to 0.68ohms

i dont have any pics due my crapberry not being able to focus.

it hits very hard, and can only be used occasionally

im sometimes scared to use it LOL

i did a parallel coil last week, 30g kanthal, 8 wraps, came out to 0.68ohms

i dont have any pics due my crapberry not being able to focus.

it hits very hard, and can only be used occasionally

im sometimes scared to use it LOL
I built something similar a while back and that ohm level is perfect for Guevara, I vaped that dripper dry and almost hit a silver, good times I tell you, good times

Sent from deep down in the Aqua using Tapatalk

Got my hands on another Trident last night and made a dual coil build. 30g Kanthal, 5/4 wraps per coil on 1mm mandrel, comes out at 0.3 Ohms. Wicked with cotton.

Freshly charged Efest IMR and Vaping at 55+ Watts with Heather's Dragon's Fire. Oooooh damn, huge clouds and amazing flavour, and approaching silver territory very quick.

Also secured a Patriot, so that will be my next build later today

holy moly 12mg juice at 55+ watts thats a instant silver coma for me lol

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

parallel coil 10 wraps 1.1 ohms on mvp not such a great vape. decent clouds but can perform way better on mech.need me some reo love
3epe7a8u.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

the only parra i have is the one living in my room. moved in about 5 weeks ago, been chucked out a few times, always come back so i gave up and just shush the occasional croaking

Wow this Trident is amazing. Getting the balance between Coil design, wicking and amounts of juice to be dripped is the key with this baby. I have tried various coil designs, dual, quad, single, twisted 32gauge etc etc. Finally I have found one that works for me.

It was a simple parallel(2 strands) 28 gauge Kanthal, wrapped around a 1.3mm bit, 8/9 turns. Came to 0.6 ohms. I must say this baby rocks. Thanks @Cape vaping supplies great idea. Love the flavor, throws the vapor, sometimes even more than a dual coil single strand.

Just set the Trident to the largest single airhole, and bang, woooooos your daaaddy, pure vaping cloud bliss. The best is, the vape cloud is cool, it is not boiling hot like on dual coil builds. Another bonus is you can wrap the cotton around the back of the posts to the empty space, fill that with juice and you get longer satisfaction before having to drip again.

Another cool effect is that the coil does not get saturated, so it fires huge vapor from start to finish. With some dual coil builds on this Trident, the coil becomes over saturated and one has to fire it a few times to get rid of excess juice before the sweet spot is reached, and then subconsciously you don't have to stress over the fear of running out of juice on a massive pull and getting a dry burnt cotton burn on the esophagus.

tRIDENToNEpARALELL.jpg

tRIDENTtWOpARRALELL.png

I just love those clouds. Turn me into an Eagle, throw me in the sky and I will suck up all of those lofty pillars of vapor.

let me put this here aswell.... sorry only saw this part now :)

32G kanthal, 2mm ID 5 wraps, i worked out that each coil would give me 2Ohm sepratly, but when used in a dual coil setup the total would be 1Ohm, which is what i was aiming for.

but i think i missed something as the 1 coil would burn brighter that the other, i noticed one of the coils inner legs were longer that the other, so i pushed it back to more or less the same lenght, but still the same, dont know if there is something i can do. any advise ?

i wicked it with Cotton, as you will see in the pic...but i have no idea how much cotton to use, i also have no idea how long i can vape until i need to re-drip....

keep in mind this is just for mindless could blowing, i think it looks cool when the weather report in my house says overcast...

share your thoughts :)

2x micro coils

test fire...

let me put this here aswell.... sorry only saw this part now :)

32G kanthal, 2mm ID 5 wraps, i worked out that each coil would give me 2Ohm sepratly, but when used in a dual coil setup the total would be 1Ohm, which is what i was aiming for.

but i think i missed something as the 1 coil would burn brighter that the other, i noticed one of the coils inner legs were longer that the other, so i pushed it back to more or less the same lenght, but still the same, dont know if there is something i can do. any advise ?

i wicked it with Cotton, as you will see in the pic...but i have no idea how much cotton to use, i also have no idea how long i can vape until i need to re-drip....

keep in mind this is just for mindless could blowing, i think it looks cool when the weather report in my house says overcast...

share your thoughts :)

2x micro coils

test fire...
32 g is very finicky and thin to build on a dripper like that. Difficult to get the 2 coils the same. Inter alia because pulsing and squeezing easily distorts them and difficult to duplicate the tension you wrap with. I would rather try 28 g.
Less cotton is better. It must be able to move without too much friction in the coil before juicing.

32 g is very finicky and thin to build on a dripper like that. Difficult to get the 2 coils the same. Inter alia because pulsing and squeezing easily distorts them and difficult to duplicate the tension you wrap with. I would rather try 28 g.
Less cotton is better. It must be able to move without too much friction in the coil before juicing.
good advice - when i get my 28G i shall conquer the patriot...patriotically of course :p

Back