Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

I love the glow on those coils, have you measured the coil resistance?

Anyone know where I can get spare deck screws and orings other than fasttech something local

@johanct not accurate using multi meter
The duel coil
give me a 2.2 on merer
And low load on sigeleli
My pt2
Give me 1.6 on sigeleli
And 2.7 on meter
Meter giving me a .9 to 1.2 difference build should be + - 1 ohm if I work out correctly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

@mbera before you use the multi-meter, set it on Ohms measuring, touch the two probes together and record the ohms reading, now measure your coils reading and subtract the probes measuring ohms. That will be much more accurate.

Today was clean and rebuild day

10 wraps 28g, 1.5mm ID settled at 1.2 ohms

7yryqysu.jpg

Position over airhole close to deck

ypemu6a5.jpg

Getting it glowing properly

munasu3u.jpg

Result

gy8ugepe.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Today was clean and rebuild day

10 wraps 28g, 1.5mm ID settled at 1.2 ohms

7yryqysu.jpg

Position over airhole close to deck

ypemu6a5.jpg

Getting it glowing properly

munasu3u.jpg

Result

gy8ugepe.jpg

Perfection, as always.

Well done @Gazzacpt
I see you position the coil close to the deck. I assume that is for more flavour and less throat hit?

Well done @Gazzacpt
I see you position the coil close to the deck. I assume that is for more flavour and less throat hit?
Hi Silver this setup gives me a nice smooth vape. This russfun hits hard and that coil position just hits the right balance for me.

Parallel coil. I used 7 wraps of side by side 28g Kanthal around a 1.2mm drill bit. Came out at 0.6 ohms.

IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0035.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

Try this Kayfunners! This vape is spectacular! I've done a lot of different Kayfun builds, no two were the same, used everything from 26 - 32g kanthal, dual and single coils, parallel and twisted, vertical and horizontal, 1.0 - 3.0mm id's. This one of my best setups so far.

Ps. See additional notes on the 3.1 here

Pps. I'm thinking two of these coils will make the Aqua shine a like a crazy diamond!

Awesome @Reinvanhardt - I assume a nice 'warmish' flavourful vape - can just imagine the flavour burst once you fit the KF nano kit.

Snper pics @Reinvanhardt !

Just a question, whats your view on the internal diameter? Do you pick up any difference say between 1.2mm versus 1.5mm versus 2.0 mm?

Parallel coil. I used 7 wraps of side by side 28g Kanthal around a 1.2mm drill bit. Came out at 0.6 ohms.

View attachment 4474 View attachment 4475 View attachment 4476 View attachment 4477 View attachment 4478

Try this Kayfunners! This vape is spectacular! I've done a lot of different Kayfun builds, no two were the same, used everything from 26 - 32g kanthal, dual and single coils, parallel and twisted, vertical and horizontal, 1.0 - 3.0mm id's. This one of my best setups so far.

Ps. See additional notes on the 3.1 here

Pps. I'm thinking two of these coils will make the Aqua shine a like a crazy diamond!
Great coiling. BTW, that would be like 14 wraps for each coil on the Aqua to get to 0.6 ohms - don't know if there is enough space for that?

Great coiling. BTW, that would be like 14 wraps for each coil on the Aqua to get to 0.6 ohms - don't know if there is enough space for that?
Might work with 30g but I don't know about clamping 4 wires per post. Hmm will have to try when my supply of 30g gets here only have 28g left.

Might work with 30g but I don't know about clamping 4 wires per post. Hmm will have to try when my supply of 30g gets here only have 28g left.

True, we need an Aqua with post holes!

Snper pics @Reinvanhardt !

Just a question, whats your view on the internal diameter? Do you pick up any difference say between 1.2mm versus 1.5mm versus 2.0 mm?

Hi Silver, in terms of vape intensity I would say the thinner the coil the better. Because you can squeeze more wraps in for greater wick surface area without sacrificing the speed at which the coil heats up. So flavour and throat hits is very intense down to about 1.2mm. Then the wick starts giving the issue of not being able to fuel the coil fast enough anymore.

Sorry Matthee, I should have been clearer. I meant this type of coil, possibly using 32g kanthal with less wraps.

Have a look see in the first picture the coil legs are twisted, effectively making it a single wire to simplify clamping. I think this will work in the Aqua :)

Super, thanks @Reinvanhardt
I need to try a parallel coil
Soo many things to try.....

hi @Reinvanhardt

i tried the parallel coil over the weekend, but failed dismally LOL

the wire kept on twisting as i was doing the coil.

any pointers?

hi @Reinvanhardt

any pointers?
Torch the wire first as per a normal micro coil and use your thumb to guide the wire around the screwdriver/drill bit, that way it wont twist.

Torch the wire first as per a normal micro coil and use your thumb to guide the wire around the screwdriver/drill bit, that way it wont twist.

i was getting so frustrated after a little while that i gave up altogether, and couldnt wait to get to work to ask the coil masters (i have very slow internet at home)

i was getting so frustrated after a little while that i gave up altogether, and couldnt wait to get to work to ask the coil masters (i have very slow internet at home)
TapaTalk bro, works like a charm

hi @Reinvanhardt

any pointers?

I've done a few, and heating the wire beforehand helps. The flavor and heat of the vape is very intense. The only drawback in my case was running a sub ohm coil @ ,5ohm. Particularly with the batteries I had at the time.

I've done a few, and heating the wire beforehand helps. The flavor and heat of the vape is very intense. The only drawback in my case was running a sub ohm coil @ ,5ohm. Particularly with the batteries I had at the time.
Mine came out at 0.8ohms, kicks like a horse and man tobacco juices on there are so so tasty

Back