Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

Nothing fancy . 1.5 ohm , 28 kanthal . Microcoil ( i think ) wrapped around 1,5 mm siringe needle and torch it to keep it in place. Posting it only because im really happy with the way it look and for the first time look neat .
image.jpg image.jpg

Nothing fancy . 1.5 ohm , 28 kanthal . Microcoil ( i think ) wrapped around 1,5 mm siringe needle and torch it to keep it in place. Posting it only because im really happy with the way it look and for the first time look neat .
View attachment 4963 View attachment 4964
For sure a micro coil and a magnificent one at that. Such a pity we don't get to meet you at the Vape Meet - will have to pop into Century City when I get there again.

Russian rebuild day. Single twisted ribbon 0.1 x 0.4 1.5mm ID 1.2ohm 7 wraps. Under the supervision of coil master @Zegee.

abavyhar.jpg

ebyna6en.jpg

by6ebehu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Looking good. Must be a bugger to twist? How is the vape?
Wasn't to bad twisting - trying to get 4 strands of thin wire to play nice is another story. 34g tangles and knots very easily especially after being wound on a small spool.
Vape is good, flavour seems more pronounced and chucks vapour.

Wasn't to bad twisting - trying to get 4 strands of thin wire to play nice is another story. 34g tangles and knots very easily especially after being wound on a small spool.
Vape is good, flavour seems more pronounced and chucks vapour.
Yeah, I hate those small spools. I always rewind them onto bigger spools.

Decided to try a double barrel micro coil on my Russian Clone(Big thanks to the Legend RipTripper). The Russian clone is a tricky one, the basis to get it working perfect with most coil designs is the wicking. Too much wicking and with the wrong placing and you will get leaking/gurgling and juice in the mouth.

I find the trick, with any coil on this Russian Clone is to always have the wick just touching the deck and not obstructing the channels.

7/8 wraps of 28g Kanthal, wrapped on a 1.3mm bit, came to 0.7 ohms. The vapor production is thick and voluminous, while the flavor is full textured. Vaping Pappa Smurf(VapeMob) at 12mg Nic. The TH is surprisingly mellow considering the low ohms, usually at these lows ohms, it gives the throat a good sand paper kick.

DoubleBarr%20One.jpg

DoubleBarrTwo.jpg

DoubleBarrThree.jpg

Them Puppies start glowing in about 2 seconds flat, hot as the surface of the sun(Do not try lick when they are this hot).

DoubleBarrFour.jpg

The Wick just touching the deck, tucked in so as not to obstruct the juice grooves. This I have come to find is the key to this RBA, regardless of the coil design.

DoubleBarrFive.jpg

Just Love the way they glow, sorry about the extra pic, just a 'Birds-Eye' view of dem puppies glowing.

DoubleBarrSix.jpg

These coils where pushing the vapor out so hard it defied gravity. Only jokes, the pic was just taken length ways.
It has taken a while to get the hang of this Russian clone, and many different coil designs, this one however is spot on, i.e. SWEET SPOT.

@Chop007 that is awesome coiling man!!

ive tried the double barrel coils but getting them wires under the screw was a nitemare so i just kicked the idea and went for a parallel coil instead

Man that's a sick build.... Smaak da lego jig Haha

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I think I may have just learnt a lesson on wicks for Russians/Kayfuns vs RM2's... on the RM2 less is more... but on my Russian 91% it seems the wicks have to to be a lot longer and pushed down into the area with the juice grooves... I made a wick the same size I use for the RM2 and in no time at all the cotton burnt... lesson learnt!

yip i find that the wick must cover the entire deck (not closing the juice channels though) but pressed against the deck

works like a charm

Dual coil 0.8ohm wrapped around a 1mm paperclip..... Firing like a beast.... Good flavour and awesome vapour

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Looks freaking awesome man.

What gauge kanthal did you use?

Back