Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

i use my ipad at home, with tapatalk and the normal browser

i prefer the browser much more
Browser has more features but to get a question out there in time of need TapaTalk certainly does do the trick

Time for a new coil and wick for the Russian! 1,56 Ohm Coil. My comfort zone!
Coil 008.JPG

Ready for trimming!
Coil 009.JPG

So nice!

That is a sweet looking coil there @Rob Fisher

I see you are getting the hang of it.. very neat coil

:) Degrees of Comparison in Vapeland: Member, Fines Master, Coil Master

Great coiling @Rob Fisher. Have you tried the coil gizmo yet? Mine is still unpacked, too lazy. But peeps that use it, swear by it.

The coils I have no problem with now... it's just the wicks that can be a little tricky... too thin or too fat!
Don't worry, once you wick the russian enough times you will soon be able to see by sight and feel if you have put in enough cotton or not.

Great coiling @Rob Fisher. Have you tried the coil gizmo yet? Mine is still unpacked, too lazy. But peeps that use it, swear by it.

I'm with you... mine is also still neatly packed! I just need to find somewhere to mount it... can't really mount it on my desk because my wife will hurt me... but now that we are chatting about it it might just fit nicely on my vape stand...

Don't worry, once you wick the russian enough times you will soon be able to see by sight and feel if you have put in enough cotton or not.

I have to say now that I have learnt to mount the coil properly on the Russian the wick is a lot easier!

I'm with you... mine is also still neatly packed! I just need to find somewhere to mount it... can't really mount it on my desk because my wife will hurt me... but now that we are chatting about it it might just fit nicely on my vape stand...
Yeah, I am having to put in another desk to get some order from all the vape stuff on my office desk.

I built the parallel coil in the IGO-L, man that coil hits hard!

You will love it @Silver

Many thanks @BhavZ - will try that soon, definitely. What wire do you suggest and how many wraps? I see you got 0.8 ohms, so I imagine 28g - about 10 wraps of the double wire?

Many thanks @BhavZ - will try that soon, definitely. What wire do you suggest and how many wraps? I see you got 0.8 ohms, so I imagine 28g - about 10 wraps of the double wire?
Spot on @Silver

I must say that comparing a 26g 0.8ohm coil to that of the parallel 28g coil, the parallel coil performs a lot better on the VTF front. Noticeably because of the surface area, yes it is a dual coil but comparing size as it looks like a single coil it is definitely bigger and chucks great flavour and vapour, TH is affect depending on the position of the coil and I set it to decrease the TH and increase the flavour however a side by side comparison, the para-coil does give more TH than the single sub-ohm micro coil.

Thanks @BhavZ

That is music to my ears and pleasure to my throat.

Will report back when I get a chance to build

ezame8ej.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Awesome twisted coil and great photography

Re wrapped my Russian 91 26 gauge not to bad. Lol been reading posts in this thread inspired me again ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Re wrapped my Russian 91 26 gauge not to bad. Lol been reading posts in this thread inspired me again ;-)
That is the most beautiful twisted coil - looks as if it is one interlocking unit. Well done, Sir.
You must no doubt take the last available spot in the Cape Vape Meet Coil Building Competition?

Fantastic coil @The Golf, and the photo's are awesome.
14.gif

Back