Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

Usually leaking from the air hole or fill hole is due to over filling. Then again, this is when bottom filling the kayfun

As for how far to close before flipping, u want the threads to just catch before u flip it over

Try it and let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually leaking from the air hole or fill hole is due to over filling. Then again, this is when bottom filling the kayfun

As for how far to close before flipping, u want the threads to just catch before u flip it over

Try it and let us know

Thanks @Riaz. I don't bottom fill, so I reckon I am just going to plug the fill hole. Will also try not to screw the top on too far as suggested.

Man can one person be so dof (me that is :)) its leaking through the air intake, not the refill valve. Sorry guys.
So the chamber must be flooding, guessing my wick is too long

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Man can one person be so dof (me that is :)) its leaking through the air intake, not the refill valve. Sorry guys.
So the chamber must be flooding, guessing my wick is too long

Flooding will be because theres not enough wick.

Can also happen if coil is too low to base, causing fluid to transfer down to the airflow.
Just make sure you have MINIMUM 1mm spacing, I personally recommend setting the coil around 2mm from the base.
(Lift that sucker up a bit!)

Going with process of elimination here. 1st thing to try is to lift the coil a bit, same wick. Let's see how that goes. Filled it with Cotton Candy 6mg, coil reading 0.84 ohms. Castle Lite in hand, BEC in the other, waiting for party guests to arrive. Life's gggooooddddd

Re-wicking my coil after almost two weeks of use...think I left it a bit too long, but it never tasted bad or weak so... :rock:

Coil: 28G Kanthal, 11 wraps, 2.5mm ID -- 2.0 Ohm
Wick: Organic Cotton (from Dischem)

So here we go...

First up, the nastyness :sick:

1.JPG

Removing the wick yields a gunky coil.

2.JPG

Next some dry burning - coil is still glowing nicely... repeat 5 sec glows, 5 times.

3_ANI.gif

The result is a nice and clean(ish) coil.

4.jpg

Testing the resistance quickly...yep, still 2.0 ohms.

5.jpg

Insert some organic cotton and cut to size.

6.jpg

And finally, the juice-and-tuck :nod:

7.jpg

Ready for vaping :rock:

Re-wicking my coil after almost two weeks of use...think I left it a bit too long, but it never tasted bad or weak so... :rock:

So here we go...

View attachment 13845

View attachment 13846

Next some dry burning - coil is still glowing nicely... repeat 5 sec glows, 5 times.

View attachment 13852

View attachment 13848

View attachment 13849

View attachment 13850

View attachment 13851

Great post, nice clear photos... Thanks ;)

So here we go...

View attachment 13845

View attachment 13846

View attachment 13852

View attachment 13848

View attachment 13849

View attachment 13850

View attachment 13851

Great pictorial, thx. Must have been clear juices for a cotton wick to last 2 weeks.

Great pictorial, thx. Must have been clear juices for a cotton wick to last 2 weeks.

I was vaping SkyBlue Nilla Custard on it exclusively, but I wasn't using it all the time - did about one tank per day on it, alternating with my MPT3 using other juices.

I was quite surprised at how long it lasted :dance:

Probably won't leave it that long again after seeing it :--P

Did this...
vape from reo (Small).jpg

With ma Reo...
_MG_6857 (Small).JPG

Simple 6 wrap 26g kanthal on a 2mm ID (dual coil) weighing in at .19 ohms and yes, you CAN do that with a Reo ;)
oh....and I'm using my trusted bamboo yarn again. Love that stuff. Will do a tutorial on how to wick with it...when I get time :p

Did this...
vape from reo (Small).jpg

With ma Reo...
_MG_6857 (Small).JPG

Simple 6 wrap 26g kanthal on a 2mm ID (dual coil) weighing in at .19 ohms and yes, you CAN do that with a Reo ;)
oh....and I'm using my trusted bamboo yarn again. Love that stuff. Will do a tutorial on how to wick with it...when I get time :p
Cumulus cloud! Reos rock.

Going with process of elimination here. 1st thing to try is to lift the coil a bit, same wick. Let's see how that goes. Filled it with Cotton Candy 6mg, coil reading 0.84 ohms. Castle Lite in hand, BEC in the other, waiting for party guests to arrive. Life's gggooooddddd

Think I nailed the leaking issue. Lifted the coil yesterday, no leaking since then. Thanks for all the ideas and help You guys rock!!!

Think I nailed the leaking issue. Lifted the coil yesterday, no leaking since then. Thanks for all the ideas and help You guys rock!!!

Coil height on a Kayfun/Russian is just one of those small little finesse nuisances you learn once and never forget.

Glad we could help!

Current coil was starting to look shoddy:
f2141ffc52e7a331f989104305a1c0d2.jpg

So I built a new one (the first one in the Rip Trippers video as previously suggested.
Looks ok, but running at 1.9ohm
28 Kanthal
10 wraps
ba49a3d0db7cd099205f8fa659eaaf91.jpg

Good flavour on the BEC at 11W
Similar flavour on the iStick at 11W ... Very impressed with this little box :)

I was meant to be studying today, but just the thought of that triple twisted flattened wire made me jittery.

So this is what I did:

Triple Twisted flattened 30g kanthal
2mm id
7/8wraps
1.06 ohms

The wire
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844738.170762.jpg

Mounted ever so beautifully
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844769.757798.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844796.180711.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844812.013638.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844831.215186.jpg

The glow
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844846.744838.jpg

All wicked up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844873.126216.jpg

Chimney attached
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844893.016801.jpg

Wicks cut to size
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844915.972460.jpg

Wicks all juiced up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844937.130536.jpg

All working well
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414844966.062863.jpg

This is probably the best coil I've had in the Russian
Flavour is awesome
Th is just where I like it- medium
Vapor- just lovely

I hope my pics of the wicking will assist the guys who were having issues with dry hits.

I was meant to be studying today, but just the thought of that triple twisted flattened wire made me jittery.

So this is what I did:

2mm id
7/8wraps
1.06 ohms

[CUT]

I hope my pics of the wicking will assist the guys who were having issues with dry hits.

That looks really awesome, will have to try the twisted wire sometime :)

Since we seem to be having a coil day :)

Wanted to change my coil to around 1 Ohm for my new iStick - to get a feel for it at max power...this is the result:

Device: Kayfun 3.1 Clone

Coil specs:
28G Kanthal
7 wraps
2mm ID
Final Resistance: ~1 Ohm :dance:

7 wraps around 2mm drill bit (coil is upside down in picture :))

1.JPG

Mounting...
2.JPG 3.JPG
Wicking...
4.JPG 5.JPG
Chimney...
6.JPG
And....1.0 Ohm @ 20W...
7.JPG

The iStick may look teeny tiny, but it's a beast :rock:

Dry hits:
Initially, at 20W I got a lot of dry hits. Then I realized that the airflow was open quite a bit. So I closed it up completely, and stared my drag a second or so before firing. This cured the dry hits and keeps the wicks fed with juice.

This setup is really nice - good flavour+vapor and a decent TH. But 20W is a bit much for me (using 12mg juice) so I use it around 11-14W.

For those in the know, Goofy Vaping kicked my A$$ at 20W ;-)

So this is what I did:

2mm id
7/8wraps
1.06 ohms

The wire
View attachment 14365

Mounted ever so beautifully
View attachment 14366
View attachment 14367
View attachment 14368
View attachment 14369

The glow
View attachment 14370

All wicked up
View attachment 14371

Chimney attached
View attachment 14372

Wicks cut to size
View attachment 14373

Wicks all juiced up
View attachment 14374

All working well
View attachment 14375

This is probably the best coil I've had in the Russian
Flavour is awesome
Th is just where I like it- medium
Vapor- just lovely

Great coiling, super picture tutorial. Thanks.

Good day all I haven't had this much trouble with an atty in a long while. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't seem to get my Russian 91% to stop leaking after filling have tried bottom filling and top filling same issues leaking through the air intake or pulling juice through the tip. Have checked all the seals not sure what I'm doing wrong any help would be appreciated

Good day all I haven't had this much trouble with an atty in a long while. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't seem to get my Russian 91% to stop leaking after filling have tried bottom filling and top filling same issues leaking through the air intake or pulling juice through the tip. Have checked all the seals not sure what I'm doing wrong any help would be appreciated
can you send us some pics of the current setup please

Back