Starting Out Right - Die Kriek's Vaping Diary

Die Kriek

Vape Bug
LV

Awards
For the past few weeks you guys have been a great source of information (and entertainment) , so I feel like I can make an informed decision on my own, but I still want to run my ideas by, just for that last bit of info I may have missed

So if all goes well Friday will be payday and I can finally 'pull the trigger' as Rob puts it.

I'm looking at 2 options at the moment

Option 1:
1x Vape King Pro kit
1x eGo C Twist 1300mah
1x Protank 2 Mini
Spare PT2 Coils
5/6 Vape King Beta Juices (the 12mg is a bit worrying, but I'd love to get everything from one place)
~R1500

Option 2:
1x MVP2 Kit
2x Protank 2 Mini (not sure if I'll like the iClear, and I want 2 tanks)
Spare PT2 Coils
5/6 Vape King Beta Juices
~R1600

I'd prefer option 1, if @Rob Fisher leaves any VKPro kits for the actual noobs, but I'm open to any suggestions

Kriek kriek

My view is that you will like both options above

The MVP will just give you much more battery life, the ability to control the power setting. If you go for the MVP option, just make sure you like the box mod shape. I like it because it can be put down on my desk without falling over and doesn't roll off surfaces.

In time you can get an extra battery so you can have both tanks operational or one tank operational with a spare battery always fully charged.

All the best.

If you have a bit of space in your pocket for a slightly bigger device... option 2.

The MVP rocks, and with a mpt2 it's awesome!

Think about the future... if ever you want to get an RDA or RBA, you will want extra power

What I like about option 1:
More juice. 10ml may not be a lot more, but it is more
2 batteries. Even though the MVP might last longer than both Twists, having a second seems like a good idea, just in case
Carry case. Everything I need in a neat little box, I like that, don't have one with Option 2 because I don't know if the MVP will fit

What I like about option 2:
MVP. 'nuff said, but no really, from what I can see, the MVP is the best there is if you don't want loose batteries
3 tanks. Even if I don't like the iClear, knowing it's there, just in case (I'm big on 'just in case' as you can probably tell)

I will also have a juice fund held back in case I run out during the month, but I have no idea how much I need to hold back, that is my big worry at the moment

Your original post only mentioned 1 battery for option 1

Oh sorry, me bad. I saw the starter kit and thought what was below it was what was in it

Ya, 2 batteries is a more sustainable solution in my opinion

Oh sorry, me bad. I saw the starter kit and thought what was below it was what was in it

Ya, 2 batteries is a more sustainable solution in my opinion
A silver this early in the morning is not good for the systems ;)

Both options are good. The MVP option does leave you without a backup in case something goes wrong. I do disagree with @ShaneW in that the maximum of 11 W on the MVP will probably not be good enough in the long run for an RBA. So, you should see this a a pro starter kit, not necessarily a start off point for RBA as well.
My biggest concern is you juice strength. Read this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/what-to-expect-on-you-vaping-journey.813/. If that is not strong enough for you, you will not convert to vaping successfully. I would much rather order from Vapour Mountain at 18 mg with some smaller bottles of 0 mg of the same flavours. Then, if too strong you can dilute with the 0 mg. Also the Vapeking juices are not yet tried and tested, so you will be experimenting and if it is not to your liking it could impact negatively.

Excellently worded and well put @Matthee
I agree with your advice

@Die Kriek , this is good advice!

The great negative of living in the boendoes. No way I can test anything out beforehand so this might turn into a costly trail and error run, but I will take a look at VM's juice selection, think there may also be a bit more variety. Thanks for all the advice so far guys! And that link was a great read, thanks @Matthee

The great negative of living in the boendoes. No way I can test anything out beforehand so this might turn into a costly trail and error run, but I will take a look at VM's juice selection, think there may also be a bit more variety. Thanks for all the advice so far guys! And that link was a great read, thanks @Matthee
Think Tzaneen is out in the bundus, try Koringberg! Fortunately we have courier services and speed services and learn to be a bit patient.

Both options are good. The MVP option does leave you without a backup in case something goes wrong. I do disagree with @ShaneW in that the maximum of 11 W on the MVP will probably not be good enough in the long run for an RBA. So, you should see this a a pro starter kit, not necessarily a start off point for RBA as well.
My biggest concern is you juice strength. Read this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/what-to-expect-on-you-vaping-journey.813/. If that is not strong enough for you, you will not convert to vaping successfully. I would much rather order from Vapour Mountain at 18 mg with some smaller bottles of 0 mg of the same flavours. Then, if too strong you can dilute with the 0 mg. Also the Vapeking juices are not yet tried and tested, so you will be experimenting and if it is not to your liking it could impact negatively.

Agreed 100%

That said i do push my ERA mini RDA on 11W on the MVP which gives a good vape. Yes its not very high power and not getting the most out of the RDA but it works for me.... for now :) got a decent RDA on the way and then the MVP will more than likely not cut it. Gonna have to wrestle the SVD away from the wife.

As @Matthee said... at least with option 1, you have a backup in case you have hassles.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%

That said i do push my ERA mini RDA on 11W on the MVP which gives a good vape. Yes its not very high power and not getting the most out of the RDA but it works for me.... for now :) got a decent RDA on the way and then the MVP will more than likely not cut it. Gonna have to wrestle the SVD away from the wife.

As @Matthee said... at least with option 2, you have a backup in case you have hassles.
Or you could get a mech mod? You probably meant option 1? Many have complained that the ERA is very small to build - how do you find it?

I strongly agree with @Matthee and @ShaneW regarding the MVP. I am very happy with it, but also starting to feel the lack of power while moving towards rebuildables. It is still an excellent mod and supremely convenient since it's an all in one, but it should not be considered as a way to get into rebuildables. I would call it a high-end starter. Also take into consideration what you want. No matter how much I tried to convince my sister that she should get an android phone, she would not have been happy with it because she wanted an iPhone.

What I want is simple, a good, reliable vape. Not sure I want to get into RBAs, mechs and the like just yet, so I'm sure either option will work for me, and I know I want an MVP at some stage, whether I start with it, or upgrade to it later doesn't really bother me too much

Or you could get a mech mod? You probably meant option 1? Many have complained that the ERA is very small to build - how do you find it?

Yip, meant option 1, have edited the post... thanks

I'm enjoying the ERA, yes it is small but im used to repairing circuit boards which can be very fiddly. I can see how others could battle though, not much space to work.

But as a starter RDA its worked well for me. If you are wanting something cheap to see if coil building is for you and you have a steady hand... I would surely recommend.

It really boils down to how you feel... either option is perfect and I have both and still use both. But the most important issue is exactly what @Matthee was saying about Vapour Mountain Juices. It is indisputable that he produces the best juices in SA! I was about to say the whole world because all the imported ones I have tried haven't come close... but I'm not experienced enough to make that call.

I would go the MVP route if I was you

If I had these two choices, I would go for option 1.

My reasons as follows:
One battery can be used while the other charges, even if I am out and about.
The twist is smaller and less conspicuous than the MVP
If one breaks or gets lost, the other is a back up

Even after months of vaping, I recon that if I find myself without something to vape for whatever reason, the chances are I will resort to stinkies to get me through that period. Its a scary realization but I know myself well and hence I am quite OCD about having plenty batteries, juice, coils etc. in close proximity wherever I go.

Looks like I'll have to start thinking of a backup plan. Shopping cart is loaded up, but now there's a slight problem with my salary, and it looks like the Vape King Pro sets and MVPs are selling fast!! Trying to get it sorted soonest though.

Not good news. Tell us what was your ultimate decision - what is in your shopping cart?

Not good news. Tell us what was your ultimate decision - what is in your shopping cart?
Option 1, Pro kit, extra 1300mAh bat, extra mpt2, mpt coils, and i think there's some juice in, can't remember what flavors.

Option 1, Pro kit, extra 1300mAh bat, extra mpt2, mpt coils, and i think there's some juice in, can't remember what flavors.
Well thought out kit. Keep us updated, horrible to wait once one's mind is made up.

Back