Starting Out Right - Die Kriek's Vaping Diary

I can order for you so long if you want and then you can make good when you are sorted?

I can order for you so long if you want and then you can make good when you are sorted?
I'll just see where things stand tomorrow morning, will let you know. Thanks a lot for the offer.

Gear finally arrived, and I can't wait to get started!!! A few questions before I jump in head first.

1. How exactly do I clean the mPT2 for first use?
2. There are 2 little white o-rings in the battery's packet, what are these for?
3. How do I know when my battery is fully charged? I suspect it isn't charged out of the box, so I hooked it up, green light on the charger is on, the button flashed 3 times and now nothing

(Moved this from the Vape Mail thread, don't want to hijack)

Gear finally arrived, and I can't wait to get started!!! A few questions before I jump in head first.

1. How exactly do I clean the mPT2 for first use?
2. There are 2 little white o-rings in the battery's packet, what are these for?
3. How do I know when my battery is fully charged? I suspect it isn't charged out of the box, so I hooked it up, green light on the charger is on, the button flashed 3 times and now nothing

(Moved this from the Vape Mail thread, don't want to hijack)

Howdy :)

1. Just clean with boiling water or Vodka, just soak the little bits and pieces for a bit and then swish it around.
2. They are spare O-Rings for the Mini PT :)
3. It does come charged - push the button 5 times fast to switch on :) It will flash at you and you're good to go

Don't let the little bits wash away in the drain!
Had it all in a bowl, and any little bits that came loose I kept aside and just dipped quickly. Now just waiting for everything to dry, and I'll be taking my first vape

First tank cleaned and dried, loaded with VK4 (just grabbed the closest bottle). Time to take my first vape.
2.5ohm coil, but I think I'll start at 3.3 anyway. Nothing on the first puff, bit scratchy on the second. Third puffs a charm, tastes good! Let's try the other extreme, 4.8 volts. Huge clouds, very prominent caramel taste, and now I know what you mean by throat hit. A bit too much for me, going down to 3.8. Vanilla! And no throat hit at all. Lets try 4.3. There's the sweetspot, can taste everything, getting just the right throat hit, and the clouds are big enough for me. More to come, time to enjoy some cricket and a vape

First tank cleaned and dried, loaded with VK4 (just grabbed the closest bottle). Time to take my first vape.
2.5ohm coil, but I think I'll start at 3.3 anyway. Nothing on the first puff, bit scratchy on the second. Third puffs a charm, tastes good! Let's try the other extreme, 4.8 volts. Huge clouds, very prominent caramel taste, and now I know what you mean by throat hit. A bit too much for me, going down to 3.8. Vanilla! And no throat hit at all. Lets try 4.3. There's the sweetspot, can taste everything, getting just the right throat hit, and the clouds are big enough for me. More to come, time to enjoy some cricket and a vape
Awesome description of a very first vape. Now you can really enjoy the cricket. Very prudent of you to get a VV to start with - makes a huge difference. Watch out for the nic buzz.

general rule is to add 2 to the first digit of your coils ohm to get a sweet spot , so if you have a 2.5ohm coil set your battery to 4.5v

Awesome description of a very first vape. Now you can really enjoy the cricket. Very prudent of you to get a VV to start with - makes a huge difference. Watch out for the nic buzz.
That the part where my temples start feeling heavy and my head starts to spin?

general rule is to add 2 to the first digit of your coils ohm to get a sweet spot , so if you have a 2.5ohm coil set your battery to 4.5v
Interesting, but does not work for me on the 1.5 ohms of the mPT3 - I go at around 4.3 V.

im using the 1.8 ohm coils n its perfect at 3.8 - 4v . anything over 4.2 tastes burnt

Methinks there are a lot more factors to consider including individual preference. So if we were to create a rule of thumb the formula would look something like this.

6xztj4.jpg
Edit: Changed picture to an actual formula lol!

im using the 1.8 ohm coils n its perfect at 3.8 - 4v . anything over 4.2 tastes burnt
burnt taste could be a wicking issue

i run a 1.8ohm coil up to 11W on my svd without getting burnt taste

Just had a huge scare. Loaded some 18mg VM Vanilla Custard in the second tank. And had a vape. Hit like a freight train. Tried a few more puffs thinking it's just not wicked properly yet but it keeps hitting. Thinking I've burnt my coil I start unscrewing the tank, only then remember I had the battery at 4.5 for the VK4. Dial down to 3.8, much better!

Ok no, burnt taste is still there. Looks like I killed my first coil

Back