The BF Plume Veil Thread

PlumeVeil001_zps6cb231be.jpg

PlumeVeil003_zps6bffb205.jpg

I see u put less wick than I do. I knoe wicking can make or break a build. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Eager to learn how to wick this rda.

Sent from my DeLorean

I see u put less wick than I do. I knoe wicking can make or break a build. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Eager to learn how to wick this rda.

I'm not sure if this is the right amount of wick for the Plume Veil but I'm used to the RM2 and Cyclone which uses a lot less wick than conventional RBA's like the Russian's and Kayfuns.

Lesson learnt on this build was now that I have ceramic tweezers one has to be really gentle when squeezing the red hot coil otherwise it simply parts ways with the legs. I did that twice. ;(
That is why I never squeeze my coils whilst firing - I use the snooker que method after coil install. Before install I put my coil in the ceramic tweezers and torch it whilst applying pressure on the tweezers. Hold the pressure whilst the coil is cooling down for about 10 secs.

That is why I never squeeze my coils whilst firing - I use the snooker que method after coil install. Before install I put my coil in the ceramic tweezers and torch it whilst applying pressure on the tweezers. Hold the pressure whilst the coil is cooling down for about 10 secs.

Bingo... will do! Thanks @Andre! :rock:

Fortunately I don't have this problem, seeing as I'm not lucky enough to even own these fancy tweezers. I still have the problem of over torquing those screw heads though.

Fortunately I don't have this problem, seeing as I'm not lucky enough to even own these fancy tweezers. I still have the problem of over torquing those screw heads though.
Lol, I did it the same way with my ss tweezers, just held it lower down and had to be more careful.

I don't have a bf but I always build my coils like this on the plumeveil easier to coil and easier to wick just watch when tightening the second coil on the centre block as it tends to spin and that pulls the legs on one of the coils or pulls the coil too close to the centre block

I don't have a bf but I always build my coils like this on the plumeveil easier to coil and easier to wick just watch when tightening the second coil on the centre block as it tends to spin and that pulls the legs on one of the coils or pulls the coil too close to the centre block

The tobeco clone I have doesn't turn, have you tried holding the positive block in position and then tightening the 510 pin?

The tobeco clone I have doesn't turn, have you tried holding the positive block in position and then tightening the 510 pin?
tried that but only temp fix as it just does not stay tight, no matter what i try, but learnt to live with it so it's cool

Lol for a second I thought the coils @Alex drew were actual coils. And I thought to myself "what a weird coil". only upon close inspection did I figure out it was a drawing :p it could be the fact that I've been at work since 7 and only got home now :D

Super idea @Alex. This will be the first build I try on the plume!

So I finally had a chance to sit down and build on the plumeveil in proper lighting conditions :p

Dual coil build. 26g, 1,4 ID, 9 wraps. 0.64 ohms.

I've got the afc wide open and doing lung hits with bobas bounty. I'm usually more fond of a tight draw with mouth to lung hits but I'm enjoying this!

Flavour seems decent, crisp and warm. Oh and the clouds are just epic!

d387104b6e4b0c6b163b2b870bed7264.jpg

So I finally had a chance to sit down and build on the plumeveil in proper lighting conditions :p

Dual coil build. 26g, 1,4 ID, 9 wraps. 0.64 ohms.

I've got the afc wide open and doing lung hits with bobas bounty. I'm usually more fond of a tight draw with mouth to lung hits but I'm enjoying this!

Flavour seems decent, crisp and warm. Oh and the clouds are just epic!

d387104b6e4b0c6b163b2b870bed7264.jpg

lol...exactly the same build I have in my PV at the moment, hahaha (except the ID in mine is 2mm and using bamboo yarn). Great minds ;)

lol...exactly the same build I have in my PV at the moment, hahaha (except the ID in mine is 2mm and using bamboo yarn). Great minds ;)
Awesome man. I can see why the pv is such a popular rda :D now I just need to steal some of your special diy mix :p

Awesome man. I can see why the pv is such a popular rda :D now I just need to steal some of your special diy mix :p

Haha...too late I'm afraid. Used it all up. Have to make a new batch soon. Had to start using my awesome juices that I bought at the meet ;)

Back